No announcement yet.

TSX projector Retrofit in USDM housings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great write up man, i would of done a diy, but i thought it might take me a long as time, but you did a fantastic job and hey in this pic it looks exactly like mine at night, it looks like a lil wu-tang clan emblem off the glass, lol keep it up

Comment

good write up man this helps alot of people out whenever they want to do the retrofit

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
      "2SIIC"
      Authentic Jerseys for sale
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

This thread is making me want to do a retro in my jdm headlights. Do you have a picture of how wide the light beam is?

Comment

why do USDM's have those little nipples?

nice light spread and output, tho..

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
          Honda Accord Euro-R
          Honda Odyssey Absolute
          Honda City I-DSi
          Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
            This thread is making me want to do a retro in my jdm headlights. Do you have a picture of how wide the light beam is?
            Not a good one, but to give you an idea.....

You can also see the corner of my garage opening let up, and that's off to the side quiet a bit. Basically when you're driving next to other cars on the freeway you can clearly see your cutoff on their doors.....even when you're really close. So it's pretty broad.

Originally posted by blizzard335

why do USDM's have those little nipples?
            From what I've been reading they're for aiming the headlights, could be for a jig or tool they use at the factory.....I'm not really sure. In any case, the fact that my lenses are pitted some affects output moreso than the nipples.

I like saying that word.... Nipples..... lol
            Last edited by maroonaccord2.2; 12-07-2006, 10:16 AM.
            1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

This is the DIY ive been waiting for hahah. now to get the materials and learn more aboot this fancy HID kits haha.
              1990 Accord EX -Stock to no beyond
              Originally posted by yeamans17
              you'd better soak the nuts in pb blaster, otherwise you'll snap them off
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter" - Dr.Susses

Vouch - | gloryaccordy | aznkid.com |

Comment

I have to say, I LOVE YOU. This is a great diy. lots of pictures, good descriptions, and very easy to understand. Thank you

Originally posted by Maple50175
                Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn
                  I have to say, I LOVE YOU. This is a great diy. lots of pictures, good descriptions, and very easy to understand. Thank you
                  Hahaha, uhmmm.....thanks?

I tried to make things easy to understand and provided a lot of pics because I think that DIYs should be clear and informative. After all, how are you supposed to "do it yourself" if you can't understand/see what the hell I'm talking about. lol
                  1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

I was hoping for a shot from behind the car like this

or

my friend tells me that I need to readjust the driverside's horizontal adjustment, but I haven't had time, and I was just wondering what everyone elses output looked like.

Comment

you da man!! man!!!

Ride List
                      1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                      2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                      newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

This is great. Looks like a pita though. I wanna do it but I could never sacrifice my cruise control.

My swap thread
                        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
                          This is great. Looks like a pita though. I wanna do it but I could never sacrifice my cruise control.
                          Why would you sacrifice cruise control?

Just get a ballast that's small and thin, like the Denso gen 3 ballast.

Comment

Originally posted by GSteg
                            Why would you sacrifice cruise control?

Just get a ballast that's small and thin, like the Denso gen 3 ballast.
                            You don't HAVE to, but I wanted to. I never focking use it, and whenever I go to work on that side of my engine bay it's in the damn way.....I just said to hell with it. lol
                            1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

have your lights fogged up or anything after the you put them back on

Comment

Originally posted by AirRide Accord
                                have your lights fogged up or anything after the you put them back on
                                Nope, nothing but we haven't had a significant rain yet either. I've washed the car twice and nothing. All is well thusfar.....
                                1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X