Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Why's it so damn hard to dispose of coolant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
    basically all the shops around here wash the coolant down the drains but hold onto the oil. that is what i have seen for years, i will check it out further
    Well that is foolish.

Anti freeze is actually worse then oil in some regards.

and they have NO way of knowing where those pipes lead and if there is any, ANY, crossover, they are endangering people/water shelf.

Its so fucking easy to just hold onto it until you find someplace to dispose of it.

Just because "local shops" do it, doesn't make it right.

Spreading bad advice is no better.

Toilets are for human waste. Period.

Those chemicals aren't good for your home plumbing anyway, at least depending on what your plumbing is made of.
    Last edited by Ralphie; 06-11-2012, 04:18 PM.

Comment

so antifreeze is worse than draino and other drain / toilet chemicals how again ?
      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
        Well that is foolish.

Anti freeze is actually worse then oil in some regards.

and they have NO way of knowing where those pipes lead and if there is any, ANY, crossover, they are endangering people/water shelf.

Its so fucking easy to just hold onto it until you find someplace to dispose of it.

Just because "local shops" do it, doesn't make it right.

Spreading bad advice is no better.

Toilets are for human waste. Period.

Those chemicals aren't good for your home plumbing anyway, at least depending on what your plumbing is made of.
        checked out the NYC Dept of Sanitation website and I am totally wrong in what I knew. I stand corrected now. I had heard about washing it down the drain/toilet years ago but now that is no good
        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
          I had this same problem in NYC.

So my advice to you, is to look up a local Radiator repair place.
          X2 definetly a radiator repair shop. They have to follow OSHA and MSDS standards so they know how to get rid of it properly. flushing down the toilet is def. a no no. but dumping it on the neighbors garden isnt a bad idea either

Comment

ok i think i got it..........
            step 1......................hug a tree
            step 2......................pour in an enemys flowers
            step 3......................hug a tree
            step 4......................pour the rest in your enemys neighbors tree so it looks random
            step 5......................buy a prius and some sandals
            step 6......................hug a tree
            step 7......................join a prius forum

Comment

I live at the bottom of a valley. Whatever poisons I dump on my enemies' land would eventually make it down here, so that's right out.

Prius? Fuck that shit. I can't afford those things. Why do you think I'm driving a Honda that's old enough to buy beer?

Thanks for the advice on the radiator shops. I'll start calling around tomorrow.

Comment

^^ bahaha!! "old enough to buy beer" that shit had me rolling

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Shuffles View Post
                  I live at the bottom of a valley. Whatever poisons I dump on my enemies' land would eventually make it down here, so that's right out.

Prius? Fuck that shit. I can't afford those things. Why do you think I'm driving a Honda that's old enough to buy beer?

Thanks for the advice on the radiator shops. I'll start calling around tomorrow.
                  sigged.
                  Originally posted by Dr. Shuffles

Comment

its good u want to dispose it the right way but i dont think most people do anyways.
                    1993 Honda Accord LX
                    2006 Yamaha R6
                    2004 Acura TSX

Comment

The crushed stone they use under railroad tracks works great for leaching.... They actually use the same stone in septic system leaching fields.

...not suggesting anything just stating some facts lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo View Post
                        The crushed stone they use under railroad tracks works great for leaching.... They actually use the same stone in septic system leaching fields.

...not suggesting anything just stating some facts lol
                        talked to a buddy who works for sanitation and he said NO, go to a radiator shop

interesting about the stone
                        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by likwid2u View Post
                          ok i think i got it..........
                          step 1......................hug a tree
                          step 2......................pour in an enemys flowers
                          step 3......................hug a tree
                          step 4......................pour the rest in your enemys neighbors tree so it looks random
                          step 5......................buy a prius and some sandals
                          step 6......................hug a tree
                          step 7......................join a prius forum
                          Yea sure....go ahead and fuck up your natural resources and Eco system.

I don't live their so I could care less.

Pretty ignorant, especially from someone who lives someplace as nice as Canada.

You don't have to be a tree hugging hippy to give a fuck about the future especially if you plan on having kids.

From all the damage we have done, it would take 500 years for the planet to do a full 360 and come back to the way she was BEFORE humans started destroying her.

Take a look around once in a while mate.

Comment

Working...
                          X