No announcement yet.

What Master Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol i guess ill have to break and try autozone... i get mad discounts at pepboys... can the m12 fitting go by another name? just wondering

Comment

^Hold up. You said that your CB came setup with an ABS M/C, if that's true, then the Prelude VTEC M/C is a direct swap. You will not need to cut and reflare anything if you already are set up for an ABS M/C. You should double check which 1 you have. Is the front flare fitting on the M/C IDENTICAL to the rear flare fitting? If yes, non-abs, if no, abs m/c. Front fitting would be smaller (metric 10 size) vs rear fitting is metric 12 size for ABS. Do not cut anything yet.

EDIT: Just for reference purposes, on an ABS CB, front m/c fitting is metric 10 X 1.00 pitch. rear m/c fitting is metric 12 X 1.00, different sizes. Now, on a NON-ABS CB, both m/c fittings front and rear are metric 10 X 1.00. This was prob. designed to prevent mixing of parts on accident.
      Last edited by Granite CB7; 07-13-2012, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
        ^Hold up. You said that your CB came setup with an ABS M/C, if that's true, then the Prelude VTEC M/C is a direct swap. You will not need to cut and reflare anything if you already are set up for an ABS M/C. You should double check which 1 you have. Is the front flare fitting on the M/C IDENTICAL to the rear flare fitting? If yes, non-abs, if no, abs m/c. Front fitting would be smaller (metric 10 size) vs rear fitting is metric 12 size for ABS. Do not cut anything yet.

EDIT: Just for reference purposes, on an ABS CB, front m/c fitting is metric 10 X 1.00 pitch. rear m/c fitting is metric 12 X 1.00, different sizes. Now, on a NON-ABS CB, both m/c fittings front and rear are metric 10 X 1.00. This was prob. designed to prevent mixing of parts on accident.
        yeah he has to reflare the rear fitting for an M12 for the VTEC MC. No biggie. If wors comes to worst and you can't find any, just go to a JY and snip one off a ABS equipped CB7 and you'll have one. But I'd recommend a new one just because they tend to be hard to remove once installed for 20+ years on a car.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

^here's what I'm saying, going off of what the OP said: he stated that his 92 EX still has the ABS m/c in his car, meaning the reflare was already done. The ONLY reason he would need to reflare to M12 would be if he had a non-abs m/c setup. For example, I have a 91 SE, came w/ abs, has the proper abs m/c, I could literally bolt in a prelude vtec m/c w/ no mods at all, direct fit, since both are abs. See what I'm saying?

OP should still def. confirm what m/c the car is setup for though. The info is on here but I'll throw this in here too, mixing and matching non-abs/abs m/c's and boosters is a bad idea (diff. pushrod length I believe) keep them as matching pair only.

Comment

yes.. my CB came with abs.. still has an abs M/C.. just from the prelude Vtec... so what i did was bought everything i might need... and i dropped my car off at a shop.. told them the story.. they said they can do it.. and add all new brake lines... thank you guys for the help

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=35380

Older thread but I listed the part numbers on how to build a 45.00 conversion line with no flaring or special tools needed. By far the simplest route for the conversion.

L8r
              Turbo H23a3 build has begun
              01-01-2019

Comment

funny story.. the shop wouldnt do anything to my car.. said it was too dangerous.. a big liability.. they said that my tie rods are shot and too many mix matched brake stuff.. so i did it myself.. got everything done.. just need the whole rear pass side brake line done

Comment

Working...
                X