Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kratemertyl View Post
    What's the idea behind the circuit breaker for the starter? Is it a must?
    It is the most important must of the battery relocation! If the wire between the starter and the battery were to fray/touch the body/malfunction it would simply keep sparking sending electricity out of the wire and catch the car on fire. The breaker is there to cutoff the flow of electricity to that wire/component.

Comment

If ya'll remember this..

Finally hooked up, turned out great!

Comment

I got ya. I imagine circuit breakers have different ratings, what are you running ? And how about placement, as close to battery as possible I guess huh

Oh and I dig the new signature pic

Comment

Wow. Where is that tailight from?

Comment

haha awesome! That's the coolest spot for a rearview camera. Shame the video is flipped

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              If ya'll remember this..

Cool idea. Are you able to calibrate the lines?

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

If ya'll remember this..

awesome! Pretty slick placement..so whens the front facing flir eye getting installed? Night time blacked out cruise time lmao..

ever hear of the story of the guy who sped on backroads no lights with flir goggles on? lmao took the cops forever to finally get him

Comment

Originally posted by kratemertyl View Post
                  I got ya. I imagine circuit breakers have different ratings, what are you running ? And how about placement, as close to battery as possible I guess huh

Oh and I dig the new signature pic
                  Thanks, figured it would attract some folks. Breakers a 160amp for starter, 80amp for large amp, and 50amp for smaller amp.

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
                  Wow. Where is that tailight from?

These are "red/clears" as people call them. They are out there.

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                  haha awesome! That's the coolest spot for a rearview camera. Shame the video is flipped
                  Not flipped, just my garage door. I'll see if I can get a daytime pic.

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                  Cool idea. Are you able to calibrate the lines?
                  No. Which sucks. Since the camera is meant to be mounted in the middle of the car I imagine the calibration would put one of the lines off the screen. So maybe I'll luck out and the lines will match up in some weird way to parking lines. The good news is that i can drive with this camera always on. It's not one of those "only works in reverse" BS cameras.

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                  awesome! Pretty slick placement..so whens the front facing flir eye getting installed? Night time blacked out cruise time lmao..

ever hear of the story of the guy who sped on backroads no lights with flir goggles on? lmao took the cops forever to finally get him

lol..... I always wanted a pair! And you can buy them on ebay, etc.

Comment

paint the lil chrome strips that are visible under the trunklid on the red clears i believe u can swap the old covers from the the oe tails on the outers
                    <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
                      paint the lil chrome strips that are visible under the trunklid on the red clears i believe u can swap the old covers from the the oe tails on the outers
                      Could, but I like the chrome

Comment

Wait, so those are just red/clears that you cut and fitted the camera into? That's a super clean job.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
                          Wait, so those are just red/clears that you cut and fitted the camera into? That's a super clean job.
                          The camera is in the trunk lock hole. Some cutting still was required.

Comment

Man it has been awhile since I've popped in here and you have done some amazing work! Where did you purchase your intercooler piping?
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

That camera is pretty cool, looks OE!
                              '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

It is the most important must of the battery relocation! If the wire between the starter and the battery were to fray/touch the body/malfunction it would simply keep sparking sending electricity out of the wire and catch the car on fire. The breaker is there to cutoff the flow of electricity to that wire/component.
                                I just relocated my battery too! Added circuit breakers and additional fuses myself
                                Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X