Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im going to do what [cp]mike did

Comment

The debate that I've always heard (this mostly from Civics, but similar on Accord) is that the rear trailing arm bushing needs some side to side compliance (by design). So, if you put a poly bushing in the RTA, you lose this compliance and the control arm can't move properly and will bind up to some degree.

If you look at the design of the stock rubber RTA bushing, it is made so that it can actually flex side to side, as well as twist. The poly ones that I've seen only appear to pivot.
      1990 Accord LX Sedan, B-49M

Comment

Originally posted by djphonics View Post
        The debate that I've always heard (this mostly from Civics, but similar on Accord) is that the rear trailing arm bushing needs some side to side compliance (by design). So, if you put a poly bushing in the RTA, you lose this compliance and the control arm can't move properly and will bind up to some degree.

If you look at the design of the stock rubber RTA bushing, it is made so that it can actually flex side to side, as well as twist. The poly ones that I've seen only appear to pivot.
        Well what about the spherical bushings that are being produced for Rear trailing arms? Isn't the whole point of those to prevent side to side movement?

Given, this isn't something you want to do to your mom's car, but for the track it seems like it's the best you can do. Plenty of vehicles running the in the Honda Challenge use these types of bushings and they do pretty well.

Originally posted by Maple50175
        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Yeah, 2 weekends ago, I installed my Hardrace r. trailing arm bushings. They were basically clones of the OEM ones only a harder rubber. They went in quite well, my originals were pretty shot, glad I did them!

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
            Well what about the spherical bushings that are being produced for Rear trailing arms? Isn't the whole point of those to prevent side to side movement?

Given, this isn't something you want to do to your mom's car, but for the track it seems like it's the best you can do. Plenty of vehicles running the in the Honda Challenge use these types of bushings and they do pretty well.
            Actually the ones I've seen for the CRX for example allow side to side play via a bronze bushing on the pivoting shaft. These are pretty much designed for race usage though and I don't believe will provide the longevity and maintanence free operation you would want for street usage.
            1990 Accord LX Sedan, B-49M

Comment

Originally posted by djphonics View Post
              Actually the ones I've seen for the CRX for example allow side to side play via a bronze bushing on the pivoting shaft. These are pretty much designed for race usage though and I don't believe will provide the longevity and maintanence free operation you would want for street usage.
              Exactly, the ones you have seen for the CRX are for the serious enthusiast that likes to hit the tracks occasionally. The hard rubber is for those that want a replacement and something that will hold up to 'spirited driving'. The spherical bushings that provide little to no side to to side play are for track use only cars.

Comment

you mean you guys dont treat the street as your track?
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  Notice I never said anything about NOT going for spherical bushings

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                    Yeah, 2 weekends ago, I installed my Hardrace r. trailing arm bushings.
                    whered you get em? my bushing are shot
                    FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater View Post
                      whered you get em? my bushing are shot
                      I got them from http://www.hardrace.com/ Great cost effective alternative to buying both trailing arms from Honda

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                        i treat the street as a track everyday

Comment

just clicked the link about the bushings and it says "Ships
                          in 19-26 days" ill just fill mine wil urethane

Comment

urethane ftw. but where can i buy this stuff???

Comment

Why do the HardRace RTA Bushings say for Years 94-97??? Can they still be used on the 92-93 Accord RTA's cuz I thought they were all the same. Can someone please clearify this? Thanks

The link is Below:

http://www.hardrace.com/products.asp...25&strClass3=6

Comment

^Yeah, CB and CD RTA's are the same, so you can use part #6363. My receipt says accord 90-97 rta bush harden rubber 2pcs.

Comment

Working...
                                X