Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
    Nice little retrofit there!

On the subject of visors, I really think you might want to look into the Sarona rear wing.
    Hmmm i'll check this out when i get home. Work internet is blocking everything on this page. I'd be surprised if they have rear window visors for our cars.

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
    Looking good on the side skirt work! What are you using to join the CB7 "clip strip" to the CD5 skirt? I see the clamps, so I'm guessing some sort of epoxy?
    There he is! Yaa... i haven't decided what to use yet. I was going to use 3M double sided tape until i turned around and noticed my rear window visor gone So... i've been pondering it. I'd like to countersink some black headed bolt/nut but this idea won't work. I also thought about double sided tape + heat gun, but the glue from the heat gun does not stand up that well.

Gorilla glue or an epoxy i guess....... not sure yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Hmmm i'll check this out when i get home. Work internet is blocking everything on this page. I'd be surprised if they have rear window visors for our cars.
      The Sarona rear wing is the only rear window visor worth buying for our cars period! I only have the Speed Zone to hold the place of the Sarona, until I buy one. Just to give you a teaser. The only issue is the cost $269 USD.

I was trying to find the pictures from NWAccord on his 1993 SE Coupe. His looks absolutely amazing! Although he had it color matched Atlantis Blue-Green Pearl. I can't link it due to photobucket sucking balls. It looks way better in person than the pictures show it.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

@Raf I sanded down the contact surfaces with 220 then 400 grit until they were evenly rough. This was especially important for the top of the CB7's clip strip since it the outside of the side skirt has a textured surface.

@Rilas I agree that that's the best looking visor available!
        1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
          The Sarona rear wing is the only rear window visor worth buying for our cars period! I only have the Speed Zone to hold the place of the Sarona, until I buy one. Just to give you a teaser. The only issue is the cost $269 USD.

I was trying to find the pictures from NWAccord on his 1993 SE Coupe. His looks absolutely amazing! Although he had it color matched Atlantis Blue-Green Pearl. I can't link it due to photobucket sucking balls. It looks way better in person than the pictures show it.
          Wow. That's a lot of money for a rear window spoiler. It better never fade, bend, or come off the car. Hmmm.... so how is he held on to the window?

@Raf I sanded down the contact surfaces with 220 then 400 grit until they were evenly rough. This was especially important for the top of the CB7's clip strip since it the outside of the side skirt has a textured surface.

@Rilas I agree that that's the best looking visor available!
          I was also thinking of trying to "weld" the seams together. The part of the skirt that faces the car where the two pieces meet. I was thinking of using a heat gun and some pliers to pinch the two pieces together. You sometimes see this done with a plastic rivit gun where they fuse the two pieces together. Basically I want to do that but in a non-visible part.

Obviously in the end it will be a combination of things. But if i just use double sided tape (and scratch up the surface) and it comes apart while driving it will look horrible.

Comment

The Sarona wing is fiberglass so warping is out of the question, and fading just depends on the quality of the paint you use. I think it attatches using a combination of tape and clips but don't quote me on that. I've had a handful of different rear wings and visors and I kinda feel it's worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
              The Sarona wing is fiberglass so warping is out of the question, and fading just depends on the quality of the paint you use. I think it attatches using a combination of tape and clips but don't quote me on that. I've had a handful of different rear wings and visors and I kinda feel it's worth the money.
              Hmmm........ now I question if anyone has successfully kept a rear window visor on for a long period of time. 3rd time was a charm for mine, first two times I caught it starting to come off. You were able to? Lots of highway driving too? (ps - i'm in Canada. hot/cold/hot/cold)

Comment

I had two different rear visors and while the very edges did peel up a little (due to being modified CG visors), both stayed taped down. There were more than a few instances of 100+ and plenty of highway driving. The key is really prep of the window and holding strength of the tape. I use the strongest 3m tape they had in the store and razor bladed the outside of the window before taping. I live in Florida so it's mostly hot but we do have tons of rain. The only reason they came off is because I took it off.

Comment

I will sand down, make smooth, paint, etc.

Comment

Raf is that a solder gun with just a flat tip, or is it an actual plastic welder?
                    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                      Raf is that a solder gun with just a flat tip, or is it an actual plastic welder?
                      Just a soldering gun.

Comment

That's excellent work Raf!
                        1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

That's excellent work Raf!
                          Thanks!

Comment

Well I will clean these up more over the winter, but for now I am super happy with these!!! Oh, how I've missed the OEM "click" fitment! You can't see the line with the doors closed too. These things are on there super tight now with no rubbing at all!!

Smoothed over some parts

I also melted the inside tabs as well as the flat part.

Comment

Took Sally for a drive. We enjoy our time together now

Comment

Oh, for those wondering, this is where my fuse box is.

Comment

Working...
                                X