No announcement yet.

INT: Automatic Shift Knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do any of you all have sports mode on ur cbs im just asking because im pretty sure it makes this diy that much harder

..."CLASSIK"-CB790 ex... {UNDEFINED}My Classy but Sick (Classik) Black on Black Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by popeyeamac
      do any of you all have sports mode on ur cbs im just asking because im pretty sure it makes this diy that much harder
      yes i do i stuffed it in the boot cover cause it makes no sense on using it cause almost the same as if it was off....just makes the tcu react faster thats all or shall i say makes the gears shift faster...when its off it takes longer to go to the next gear...giving the car time to pick up ...

so i just hid the bitch and called it a day...others can drill a whole on the side and pull it threw there..

Comment

ook so what actually connects the sports button.. man im so torn between making it a 5 speed or just leaving it as is and going the vip tuner route lol

..."CLASSIK"-CB790 ex... {UNDEFINED}My Classy but Sick (Classik) Black on Black Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by popeyeamac
          ook so what actually connects the sports button.. man im so torn between making it a 5 speed or just leaving it as is and going the vip tuner route lol

the button is connected to its own wire....not even together with the stick at all.....just shift it over......if you wanna make that change than go for it.....for you don't save your money and buy a 5 speed cb7 and avoid the larbor cost of change'n the transmission and all

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2AZUL
            the button is connected to its own wire....not even together with the stick at all.....just shift it over......if you wanna make that change than go for it.....for you don't save your money and buy a 5 speed cb7 and avoid the larbor cost of change'n the transmission and all
            lol im going to do the swap myself i just have to find time and get all of my parts hopefully most from the junkyard lol being a mechanic is coo but sometimes sucks because its 6 days a week and i got school too lol so not much time u kno. oh heres a pic of what i did i fucking ripped the sports wires lol ill solder them on later lol

Comment

wait so the screws just get screwed to the shaft?is this safe?...it doesn't try sliding up any?
              ~CB7 Phoenix~

(picture missing help me get a new one )

The California White Tux
              *and its alive!! hahaha*
              *under construction*M.R.T: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1689652 *changes soon to take over*

Comment

no it doesnt slide up and down because they are set screws nmeaning that the tighter u put em on the more steady it is

Comment

ohhhh ok, well thanks very much
                  ~CB7 Phoenix~

The California White Tux
                  *and its alive!! hahaha*
                  *under construction*M.R.T: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1689652 *changes soon to take over*

Comment

Originally posted by '93accordse
                    like me:

i'll write a diy soon.
                    that LOOKS NICE!
                    Once a CB7tuner always a CB7tuner

Comment

Ok i just got a shift boot for my auto. how do i tuck it in?
                      Once a CB7tuner always a CB7tuner

Comment

remove four screws on the sides of the center console, place shifter in neutral*may need to use key to do so*then remove, if the knob is already off or its an aftermarket skinny knob then you unhook the connecter for the shift position lights unscrew the four screws holding the plate,lift up to remove,then place boot over that area replace the center back on, fix anything needed replace the screws to hold on the center console and replace your knob or if you didn't have to remove it then your already done.^_^
                        ~CB7 Phoenix~

The California White Tux
                        *and its alive!! hahaha*

Comment

what is the sport/overdrive button even really good for??
                          REPPIN' THE DIRTY
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...27#post1570627

Comment

nothin i just unhooked mines it doesnt do shit anyway

Comment

Originally posted by MugenCb7LX
                              what is the sport/overdrive button even really good for??

shifts a lil later than normal, you could wire it to a button up to you
                              UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                              NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

I got the 2 screws on the shift knob off but I cannot remove the knob. I got that sport button which the wire goes down to the bottom which might prevent removal. Do I need to remove the sport button before the know can be removed?
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X