Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F20b swap revs to redline by itself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stock Honda ECUs have a vacuum leak fuel cut... it's activated when the manifold air pressure rises and the TPS % doesn't change, or is below a certain %. That's why most people get that idle surge when the IACV is bad or they have a vacuum leak. If the ECU didn't have this cut the engine would rev as high as it could with the amount of air leaking in.

Do you have another ECU that you can try? It would be helpful if you have a chipped ECU that you could monitor the Sensor signals.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
      The stock Honda ECUs have a vacuum leak fuel cut... it's activated when the manifold air pressure rises and the TPS % doesn't change, or is below a certain %. That's why most people get that idle surge when the IACV is bad or they have a vacuum leak. If the ECU didn't have this cut the engine would rev as high as it could with the amount of air leaking in.
      Does that apply to all Honda ecu's?
      Because a 96-98 CRV will rev sky high if you leave the intake resonator off.

The only way that the engine can rev up is if enough air is getting in.
      If the throttle plate is closed, then it cannot rev up.

OP - Are you sure the brake booster is connected? And that the gaskets are OK? - Specifically the intake to head gasket.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I have never seen that before. The ECU's that I have worked around have had it. That's why they surge if you unplug a vacuum hose. I have never seen an engine surge just because you remove the intake resonator, unless it has a vacuum hose that you opened to the air. Then again I have never worked on a CRV. I'll have to try it on my buddies this weekend and see what I can find out by hooking it up to the scanner.

And the engine can rev up with the throttle plate closed, the air could be coming in from any number of other possible openings. An unplugged hose, any of the gaskets leaking, from the throttle body down to the injector o rings. If the EGR plate isn't sealed or the IACV gaskets toast causing a leak....there are numerous places for air to get into the intake other than the throttle plate.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
          I have never seen that before. The ECU's that I have worked around have had it. That's why they surge if you unplug a vacuum hose. I have never seen an engine surge just because you remove the intake resonator, unless it has a vacuum hose that you opened to the air. Then again I have never worked on a CRV. I'll have to try it on my buddies this weekend and see what I can find out by hooking it up to the scanner.

And the engine can rev up with the throttle plate closed, the air could be coming in from any number of other possible openings. An unplugged hose, any of the gaskets leaking, from the throttle body down to the injector o rings. If the EGR plate isn't sealed or the IACV gaskets toast causing a leak....there are numerous places for air to get into the intake other than the throttle plate.
          CRV intake resonator is part of the intake manifold (it sits on top of it)

That was my point - If the throttle is closed then there HAS to be a leak somewhere else.
          Hence why I said check the booster hose and intake gasket.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Ok thanks for the info guys. Ill go over all the intake bolts again today and make sure there tight. Ill let yall know what I find out.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by markrutherford View Post
              Dont use a p13 with the f20b. it will run like crap! That might be your issue right there. Just wait till you get the chipped ecu from drummersteve.
              Yea I probably wont get one till next week I am just trying to get everything worked out right now. Thats the only reason I am using the p13.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

I went back over everything checked everything and still the same thing so I am starting to think it is a Ecu problem working on getting a chipped one asap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaQOF...ature=youtu.be

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Is the check light on in that clip?
                  And I thought it revved right to redline?

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Its for the Air intake temp sensor I forgot it was unplugged. But it didnt change nothing. Im not for sure how far it goes I just cut it off there because it doesn't settle out it feels like its going to keep climbing and I dont want to damage the engine before I even get to drive it.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
                      Its for the Air intake temp sensor I forgot it was unplugged. But it didnt change nothing. Im not for sure how far it goes I just cut it off there because it doesn't settle out it feels like its going to keep climbing and I dont want to damage the engine before I even get to drive it.
                      And you can't hear any air sucking in thru a leak in the bay? I wonder, start it, pull the IACV. Does it die? If so most likely it's a vacuum leak somewhere.
                      Originally posted by Mishakol129
                      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Tried that to and nothing I just honestly think its the ecu now. All vacum lines are capped off with brand new caps and the intake has fresh gaskets. All the bolts are tight.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Tried that to and nothing I just honestly think its the ecu now. All vacum lines are capped off with brand new caps and the intake has fresh gaskets. All the bolts are tight.
                          Damn man, sounds like you should just wait for that ECU. I know it sucks, but just a little longer, right?

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                            Damn man, sounds like you should just wait for that ECU. I know it sucks, but just a little longer, right?
                            Drummersteve is in Greece or something right now at-least thats what I got from his facebook. But I am talking to a local guy right now see if we can get something going.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Drummersteve is in Greece or something right now at-least thats what I got from his facebook. But I am talking to a local guy right now see if we can get something going.
                              Shitty. But you gotta do what ya gotta do. It would drive me nuts having my car sitting there, waiting. I wouldn't wait either, I'm impatient.

Comment

You positive you scrapped all the old gasket off first?
                                I've seen before where just a little peice was left and the manifold won't sit flat, therefore wont seal.

Try this - Block the intake and try start it, If it still starts then air is definately leaking in some where else.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Working...
                                X