No announcement yet.

EXT: Shaving your Antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is a good alternative to the s2000 but i think im going with the s2000 antenna..

good job nonetheless!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AccordAnimal
      This is a dumb questions, but how is the radio reception after this? Can it be re-rigged?
      i rigged mine .......peice os 4 gauge wire runs inside the fender with the antenna plug on it works great.......just my 2 cents
      F22A1:blew up
      F22A1/H22:blew up
      F22A6/H22: " "
      F22A4/H22: " "
      H23A1 boosted:blew up
      H23A1:traded
      H23A1/H22 built:still in progress (getting my feet wet)

drive it like you stole it
      FCB7(FRANKENSTEIN CB7 CLUB)

Comment

copy cat

haha, i did this last year, just never really mentioned anything about it, but REALLY good write up Tomi,

basically did it identical to how i did mine, looks so much cleaner, every little bit counts

Tyler
        Nighthawk Black Pearl ES1

Comment

Not meaning to be a dick...but thats not the proper way to do this, and it'll probably start to crack in a few months.

Originally posted by FLIPCB7JDMH22
          u did everythin professionally...haha..
          ...not really, Professionally it would be welded...if not welded then it would be filled with fiberglass.

I filled mine with fiberglass...the biggest thing you *skipped* was sanding off/scuffing down the paint around the hole and not "denting" or concaving around the hole...this is important because it will give the filler(s) more metal to bond to. After that you could put the screen under it and fill with fiberglass fillers, sand that down and go over the whole area with bondo.

Again, not trying to knock on your DIY, but I will tell you it wont be long until it starts to crack...I've had mine filled for a little over 2 years now and havent had a problem with it.

If it cracks, or when, try this again with my suggestions and you'll be good to go. Also the sanding job looks like it came out really good,=

Jay
          Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Originally posted by akkordlayinkit
            Not meaning to be a dick...but thats not the proper way to do this, and it'll probably start to crack in a few months
            not meaning to be a dick either, but.............i have had mine done for 10+ months so far and NOTHING has cracked so.......

it might not be the "correct/right" way but its held up so far so im pleased and it looks professional

Tyler
            Nighthawk Black Pearl ES1

Comment

Man.... I wanna get rid of my hidious attenna! I gotta fix my rear quarters first... anybody got an idea on how to fix that right? For how much?

Caleb
              My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Sounds familure....

http://www.geocities.com/hondalover11279/Antenna.html
                !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i've been doing body work for 4 years now and i decided when i couldn't find a welder to try fiberglassing as well to shave my antenna. But as i found out no matter how good it looks it never holds up to hail. LOL Plus in the summer when it gets hot the fiberglass and body filler expand alot. So best bet would be to weld in a filler plate.

Comment

well i just did this and i hope it holds up lol but i must say it looks good nice diy

RIP lilblue

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda
                      I now have one that goes in the windshield .. and, it works great
                      and no question is dumb ... well, you know ..

A Hui Hou !!!
                      Tomi

where can you get a window antenna? where did you run the wire to hide it?
                      90 lx coupe
                      02 ex coupe-R.I.P. 4/07/07
                      92 ex coupe
                      2009 chevy crew cab

Comment

Originally posted by devilblue14
                        where can you get a window antenna? where did you run the wire to hide it?
                        It sits behind the dash .. I bought it right here on the site ..
                        Who listens to FM anymore tho?

A Hui Hou !!!
                        Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

tomi come to fort lauderdale and practice with my wagon

Comment

Originally posted by JARHEAD293
                            tomi come to fort lauderdale and practice with my wagon
                            Oooo .. now that would be tricky ..
                            Wagons have that HUGE hole and, its slanted .. and quite deep if I'm not mistaken ..
                            Can I parctice with my eyes closed? It's fun that way .. heheheh ..
                            It woulda been kina kewl if the sedans and coupes came like the wagons did ..
                            That biotch would have to be welded .. besides .. I like how they did the wagons ..
                            I wouldnt touch those at all .. call me *sparky*

A Hui Hou !!!
                            Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

nice work ,you make it look so easy.

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

Working...
                              X