Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: OEM Fog Light installation (USDM 9293, PART II)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nope mike i believe this is the first time you have posted this. i am constantly impressed with you bro!

edit: even the relay connections are continuous to my schematic on the first post (besides 85 and 86 being switched which doesn't really matter). did you do that on purpose?
    Last edited by timmy0tool; 02-23-2005, 04:32 AM.
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

thanks. continuous to your first post? someone on here was talking to me on AIM about wiring foglights to the OEM button, so I made that picture with the list of pins and connections, and the idea behind hooking up the relay was based on my knowledge of making a custom fog harness, which basically was what u and i talked about when you made that first schematic. i dont really know what your question was asking, but if my pin list matches up with your schematic, then i know i listed it right, because i made it up off the top of my head, lol.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

well i guess you didn't do it on purpose hehe. i was just saying that your switch diagram is continuous/parallel to my circuit diagram in my first post of this thread. this means you can use your switch diagram with my circuit diagram since they correspond to each other. that's all i meant. you did list the pin numbers correctly so i'm glad we are consistent regarding this topic.
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Hello, maybe one of you guys can help me. I bought my 92 accord LX with these fog lights already attached. The problem, however, is that there is ALOT of moisture in the lights. There is water and what looks like dirt inside the lights, and I would like to know if i can remove it and get it looking clean again. OR, if i will have to put a whole new housing. It shudnt be too hard b/c the lights are already wired up. I just want a clean look. And what are the best bulbs, visibility-wise or color-wise for the fog lights. thanks.

Comment

I've been told on another forum to drill a hole at the bottom of the lights to drain the water. Is there anyway I can remove the glass from the fog light and clean it off. Then attach it back and maybe plaster around the light so that no water goes in again.

Comment

Mike you need to help me hook up my switches so they light up right

i97supratti - you could put the fogs in the oven for a short time so it heats up the glue that holds them together, then take them out and pry them apart. But its a pain in the ass

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
              www.maketradefair.com

Comment

So put them in the oven for like 5 minutes? Then pry them apart? thanks. But how would i put that back together? and wont the metal parts around it get SOO hot that i wont be able to touch it?

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
                  So put them in the oven for like 5 minutes? Then pry them apart? thanks. But how would i put that back together? and wont the metal parts around it get SOO hot that i wont be able to touch it?
                  5 mins should be ok. if the adhesive still won't let go, keep it in the oven a bit longer. don't keep it in there too long or you will melt the whole housing. use a flathead screw driver to pry it open. make sure you removed and/or unlocked the tabs that hold the lenses together.

once they are separated, find the leak or crack and fix accordingly. use a good quality silicone. high temperature stuff is best. then clean up the insides. a good trick is to use distilled water since it doesn't spot when it dries.

to put back together, simply reheat the pieces to use the same adhesive from before. it is recommened that you can also add an extra layer of sealant to ensure a proper seal. just put the two parts together when the adhesive is soft enough.

as far as handling the HOT parts after coming out of the oven, use mittens! all the metal parts are mainly inside so you shouldn't worry about that. BUT the plastic surrounding them is still very hot too so be careful. good luck!
                  - 92 LX coupe
                  - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

What degrees should i set the oven too? I cant do it for now, i gotta wait til my parents leave lol. If they catch me using the oven to bake headlights and foglights, im screwed!

And also, i cant buy new lenses right? Like for the bumper light, you can buy clear ones. Can i buy new clear lenses for the fog lights?

Comment

What degrees should i set the oven too? I cant do it for now, i gotta wait til my parents leave lol. If they catch me using the oven to bake headlights and foglights, im screwed!

And also, i cant buy new lenses right? Like for the bumper light, you can buy clear ones. Can i buy new clear lenses for the fog lights?
                      i would try a low setting, 175 degrees to start of with. if that may be too low, bump up to 300 but dont pass 350. lay down some foil to protect the oven. you want it just hot enough that i'll soften the adhesive that holds the lense together. just remember as it cools, the adhesive will harden back up so work quickly when the adhesive is still soft.

if you are referring to just the lenses, no you cannot simply buy them. this goes for all lenses (headlights, bumper lights, corner lights, and foglights). you may buy the whole housings of each item though.
                      - 92 LX coupe
                      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

To uninstall the fogs, you just follow the reverse of this procedure right? For the OEM fog light switch, I think you just take a screwdriver and snap it out right?

Comment

To uninstall the fogs, you just follow the reverse of this procedure right? For the OEM fog light switch, I think you just take a screwdriver and snap it out right?
                          more or less you follow this procedure including part I backwards. and yes for the switch, there is a place in the front for a flathead screwdriver to fit into so you can pry it out.
                          - 92 LX coupe
                          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

luv your work-now a Q:

here is my thought and please feel free to flame a newB...

I have a 90ex 4dr... I pulled the amber turn signals off a 90 coupe bumper, and I do realize they are different, but was thinking i could mount & wire them similarly, as fogs...
                            My reasoning is that the 90ex turns have the clear lens and i thought it may look good with the ambers below with a constant on... i dunno...

Oh yeah, maybe i should just do the bumper swap...

Am i a retard? Reply, PM me, or flame me if im just being stupid, anyone?
                            Last edited by 4thGen_Jonny; 07-23-2005, 11:17 AM.
                            Originally posted by Michalob
                            I was driving along today and the check engine light came on. I pulled over and looked under the hood. The engine was still there... silly light!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thGen_Jonny
                              here is my thought and please feel free to flame a newB...

I have a 90ex 4dr... I pulled the amber turn signals off a 90 coupe bumper, and I do realize they are different, but was thinking i could mount & wire them similarly, as fogs...
                              My reasoning is that the 90ex turns have the clear lens and i thought it may look good with the ambers below with a constant on... i dunno...

Oh yeah, maybe i should just do the bumper swap...

Am i a retard? Reply, PM me, or flame me if im just being stupid, anyone?
                              My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

umm your 90 4dr has the same bumper lights as a 90 coupe. they are both clear with an amber insert (unless you have the all amber which is from a 92-93). it's not easy to mount bumper lights under the bumper lights but it's doable.

here is how ambers-on look like with clear FOGLIGHTS (note: my car is a 92)

- 92 LX coupe
                                - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X