Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H23 Intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H23 Intake?

There is a JY down the street from me that has a complete h23 Intake mani.(sensors, IAB,) Iwant to do the swap. I have read the threads on the swap and will read them again. (if there's one you think I missed fell free to let me know) Never taken off the IM or TB so I'm wanting to make sure i dont miss anything.

Now is there anything that you would suggest that I do differently during install that made it easier to install? or after that made it run better?...ect.

93 LX F22A1 auto tranny

Thanks Guys

Last edited by tonka9999; 08-18-2011, 01:32 AM.

Is there a point to posting a HUGE picture of your car in this thread?

Comment

So anything off the top of your head, that stuck out that I might need to know ?

Comment

Since your going to be doing a manifold swap, i would take the time to clean the egr ports on the H23 intake before you install it. Also make sure to aquire some oem intake gaskets. If you happen to aquire an extra iab plate, you can do whats called a "double-stack", where you have one gutted iab spacer, and a working iab plate above the spacer (in essence your lengthing the runners). You might also want to look at the Bisimoto phenolic intake manifold gasket, as it helps lower the temperature of the air entering the head from the intake, as the intake should stay significantly cooler [60*F i believe], since its not absorbing all the heat from the block through the flange connected to the head.

Before you attempt the swap, I would document all your vacuum lines, and coolant lines and where they plug into on your current setup, as it will help when it comes time to plug everything back in. Also the IACV on the F22 flow direction is different then the H22/H23 flow, so if your going to be using your f22 IACV, coolant flow is from left to right, so the right hose the iacv will need to double back to plug into the FITV/TB if I remember correctly. After the swap, make sure to bleed your coolant system of any bubbles, and hopefully your swap will be as painless as possible. If you haven't already, an upgraded exhaust will help extract more power from these mods, especially if you still have an a1 exhaust manifold installed on your car.
        Last edited by cloudasc; 08-14-2011, 06:55 PM.
        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Damn, there goes that throttle position sensor (tps), search the forum for replacing the tps. Its easy and you can use the one from your old intake.
          Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

H23 IM help

Thank you for the help!
            but i have an issue and a couple of questions on the intake swap. Im going to go back and read but maybe i can see what you guys have to say.

I caught the What I think to be the TBS on something and broke it!!!!! F@^$

Can i replace it? I see what looks like a rivet??? Is a aftermarket one better?

I was not sure if i Needed this or not so i got it anyway. Little help Please!

Im going to read the DIY again...but on more thing what about the injectors from the prelude should I keep mine or swap out and how to tell if injector is bad? this is what the port look like
            Last edited by tonka9999; 08-18-2011, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Ready for cleaning...

And this one I just pulled today

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
              Since your going to be doing a manifold swap, i would take the time to clean the egr ports on the H23 intake before you install it. Also make sure to aquire some oem intake gaskets. If you happen to aquire an extra iab plate, you can do whats called a "double-stack", where you have one gutted iab spacer, and a working iab plate above the spacer (in essence your lengthing the runners). You might also want to look at the Bisimoto phenolic intake manifold gasket, as it helps lower the temperature of the air entering the head from the intake, as the intake should stay significantly cooler [60*F i believe], since its not absorbing all the heat from the block through the flange connected to the head.

Before you attempt the swap, I would document all your vacuum lines, and coolant lines and where they plug into on your current setup, as it will help when it comes time to plug everything back in. Also the IACV on the F22 flow direction is different then the H22/H23 flow, so if your going to be using your f22 IACV, coolant flow is from left to right, so the right hose the iacv will need to double back to plug into the FITV/TB if I remember correctly. After the swap, make sure to bleed your coolant system of any bubbles, and hopefully your swap will be as painless as possible. If you haven't already, an upgraded exhaust will help extract more power from these mods, especially if you still have an a1 exhaust manifold installed on your car.
              Last edited by tonka9999; 08-18-2011, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tonka9999 View Post
                I was not sure if i Needed this or not so i got it anyway. Little help Please!
                That is the IAB Black Box, its what holds a vacuum on the butterfly's to keep them closed, the ground goes to a pin on the ecu that is unused. The exact information is already documented I believe in a sticky, or is a quick search away. You can also just look at my MRT for pictures and other useful information.

Comment

I have no clue! This box above was by the intake box on the prelude, but there was also a black box under the IM as well. I assume that it is apart of the IAB?
                  Last edited by tonka9999; 08-18-2011, 01:29 AM.

Comment

The one under the IM is the IAB black box.

Comment

Working...
                    X