Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 accord daytime running lights stay on with key out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 accord daytime running lights stay on with key out

So someone stole my radio out of my cb7 a few weeks ago, i went to start the car to go smog it but when i went to crank the car there was a loud buzzing sound coming from behind the glove box, the buzzing slowly went down and when i went to crank the car again it was completely dead. I jump started the car and parked it and noticed the dash lights and rear drls stay on. I disconnected the dimmer relay thinking it was that but the lights still stayed on. Any ideas where to start? I have a DMM, just dont know where to even start.

Ummm, when your radio was stolen, did they leave a bunch of messy wires that were cut?

Comment

Yes, so i believe the hot wire going to the radio shorted out another wire somewhere in the harness

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Ummm, when your radio was stolen, did they leave a bunch of messy wires that were cut?

Comment

Prolly a power ignition wire prolly the same one that's ran off the headlight and headlightswitch and cigarette lighter switch. Just electrically tape it up and make sure all the wires are covered. Damn dude cover her up tight.

Comment

Any tips on which wires to check or if you have a schematic i could follow? I just want to get these drls fixed so i can move onto doing the rack and pinion and power steering pump

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
          Prolly a power ignition wire prolly the same one that's ran off the headlight and headlightswitch and cigarette lighter switch. Just electrically tape it up and make sure all the wires are covered. Damn dude cover her up tight.

Comment

Anyone know how to test the headlight/combination switch, i feel like maybe this is where the issue is coming from, just have no idea how to check it with my multimeter. Im really hoping to get this issue resolved soon and not have to jerry rig the dash and brake lights.
            Any advice or insight would greatly be appreciated

Comment

First piece of advice - go buy a manual. If you are going to deal with this wire mess and later a rack and pinion you will need a manual. You will pull your hair out with out one wondering if that wire beside the blue wire is white and pink or white and purple.

Next, check all the fuses that are related to your problem. In fact, i would pull the radio fuse right now. It sounds like wires are still touching somewhere so sort that out first.

Comment

Already capped all the wires, rack and pinion wont be an issue, ive done it before on a different cb7. Ill pull the radio fuse when i get access to the car later tonight. But does no one have any idea where to start? I have a multimeter and can check all the wires just not sure which wires go where. I figure if the dash lights and rear drls are staying on then something with the headlight/combination switch has to be the issue here or am i wayy off on that assumptions? Honestly at this point im just gonna try to get my post counts up so i can post in a more technical forum. Because i dont want to be dealing with connecting and reconnecting the battery everytime i drive

And i already checked all the fuses under the hood with a multimeter and all fuses checked out ok. The issues is a short somewhere between the radio and headlight/combo switch i believe

First piece of advice - go buy a manual. If you are going to deal with this wire mess and later a rack and pinion you will need a manual. You will pull your hair out with out one wondering if that wire beside the blue wire is white and pink or white and purple.

Next, check all the fuses that are related to your problem. In fact, i would pull the radio fuse right now. It sounds like wires are still touching somewhere so sort that out first.
                Last edited by Dabsfordaze; 01-11-2017, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Sooo give me more info.

- Do your headlights stay on? / does the car have Canadian DRLs?
                  - Does your fuel gauge stay on?
                  - What lights specifically are on....? (instrument cluster all, center dash console lights all (radio, heater, etc.) and dome light? )

Comment

The backlight for the dash stays on( so the speedo, tach, temperature and fuel gauge are Illuminated), hvac controls Illuminate. And tail lights stay on. Not the brake lights. If i leave the door open it chimes as if the key were in the ignition. Headlights work when i twist the headlight switch. Turn signals work. But when i go to turn off the all lights the dash, hvac controls and rear drls stay on. I dont believe i have canadian DRLs, but ill check when i get home. Dome light i has set to always off so im not sure if that stays on or not.

Sooo give me more info.

- What lights specifically are on....? (instrument cluster all, center dash console lights all (radio, heater, etc.) and dome light? )

Comment

Noob question but how would i know if i have canadian DRLs? Im in California so highly doubt that i have them but you never know, a previous owner could have installed them.

Sooo give me more info.

Comment

Umm you probably do not then. DRLs = high beams work at 25% when driving down the road with your lights off. If not, explain what you are referring to for rear DRLs.

Comment

Sidemarkers illuminate, brake lights illuminate, licence plate lights come on. Like if you turned your headlight switch over 1 click before turning on your headlights. Brake lights work normally as do reverse lights. And headlights turn on when you turn the switch to the last position

Umm you probably do not then. DRLs = high beams work at 25% when driving down the road with your lights off. If not, explain what you are referring to for rear DRLs.

Comment

With the switch in the off positios and keys out of the car (doors closed), pull fuse #23 in the underhood fuse box. Do the lights go out?

Comment

I will test this out when i get home in about an hour

With the switch in the off positios and keys out of the car (doors closed), pull fuse #23 in the underhood fuse box. Do the lights go out?

Comment

Working...
                              X