Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The stock scissor jack is my favorite thing ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always wanted to make a ratchet adapter. My cadillac's jack has a 19mm crank point.

Comment

It's funny to think about but the GM ratchet jack is the antithesis of the VW jack.

One is over-engineered, compact and interesting the other is crude, unwieldy and downright dangerous...
      My Collection:
      93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
      00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
      04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
        damn that if you think that's bad you should see the volkswaggon jacks or the mercedes jacks its like its missing the other side make one wrong mistake and its over. That car will fall on you or whatever .
        Ever watched a Honda scissor jack fold in half while supporting a car? I have. Pretty sure they will both kill you the same.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I dont mean to be ignorant but how in the hell that can stand up to a heavy ass car?

Physics, lever arms, weight and balance. It works the same way a 350' airplane weighing over a million pounds balances on a couple foot stretch of its length.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Triangles. SCIENCE! Or physics rather.

Comment

damn that if you think that's bad you should see the volkswaggon jacks or the mercedes jacks its like its missing the other side make one wrong mistake and its over. That car will fall on you or whatever .
              I'm sure I'm not the only one who has caught this but...you should NEVER be under a car that is held up by jacks, especially a scissor jack.

Comment

Working...
              X