Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Difference in pt6-a51 and a52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference in pt6-a51 and a52

I just went to my local Pick and Pull to get a ECU and TCM to swap all the parts off my a6 onto my a1 and the ECU I got was out of a SE Auto so it's a a52... I've been searching on here to see if there is any difference in the two ecu's before I do it to make sure that it's done right but no solid info. At least as far as i could find. Pretty much from what I have gathered is that as long as it's a pt6 it'll work. But obviously there's 2 different numbers on the ECU's so I would think that they are different somehow. If anyone can break it down to me or point me in a Direction where I could get the info at I would appreciate it. There was a guy at the Pick-n-Pull that came up to me and asked if my car was the cb7 in the parking lot and I said it was. He informed me that he has 92-93 oem fogs and three sets of 91-92. He also has a full set of oem black leather door panels and actually another three quarter full set. Plus a h23 plenum and h&r lowering springs.. It was a great day for me. He said he didn't know if you wants to sell the 92-93 ones. I don't know why he would tease me with that. LOL. I can get these garbage oil sleeves off my car finally for a reasonable price and the planet that I really want. I also picked up missing joint for my Legend hood struts that I purchased online period and a 94 accord front lip. My car doesn't have one and i got it for $8 so ima trim it up and see how it looks. Sorry that this thread kind of creep somewhere else I'm just excited and wanted to share my day.

The last digit on the part number is the version. So PT6-A51 would be a 1st version and the PT6-A52 would be the second version. As long as it is a PT6-A5* you are good to go.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

PT-Tuner is gone. Haven't heard from cloudasc in a while but his site had a lot of good info for these ECU's.

I noticed this a little bit ago when looking for an answer for Cragelarson83.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
        The last digit on the part number is the version. So PT6-A51 would be a 1st version and the PT6-A52 would be the second version. As long as it is a PT6-A5* you are good to go.
        Thank you for fillin me in. I'm excited to do the conversion. Even with I/H/E my f22a1 has no balls. I did beat a ek civic sedan but it was blowin smoke when i was behind him. When i got next to the kid he was revving the crap out of it.. Sounded like straight garbage but it was real loud. He didn't even have a chance. Even though my car is a auto. I'm not into racing anymore but i couldn't help myself....i don't understand these kids and there straight pipes and all that super camber stuff. I'm not knockin there style but it's just not for me. I must just be gettin old. Anyways sorry about yet another rant that's off topic. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
          PT-Tuner is gone. Haven't heard from cloudasc in a while but his site had a lot of good info for these ECU's.

I noticed this a little bit ago when looking for an answer for Cragelarson83.
          He last logged on in February of this year, so he may not be gone for good. I'll have to get in touch with him to see if he still has the PT-Tuner info. I'd gladly host it here. It would be a shame to lose so much valuable information! The P06/P28/P72 are far better supported, but it was nice to know that the PTx ECUs weren't totally paperweights... and someone could always continue where he left off!

Comment

I thought the Pt6s were all the same?...

There's a difference?

I pulled a PT6 ECU off a 93 SE.
            I'm faster then a prius

Comment

They're essentially the same. Any changes made between versions are probably so small that we'd never notice.

Comment

Well I guess I got the newest on they made!

Any minuscule improvements made will be mine!
                I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  He last logged on in February of this year, so he may not be gone for good. I'll have to get in touch with him to see if he still has the PT-Tuner info. I'd gladly host it here. It would be a shame to lose so much valuable information! The P06/P28/P72 are far better supported, but it was nice to know that the PTx ECUs weren't totally paperweights... and someone could always continue where he left off!
                  Hey Mike. I was just reminding you about this.

I purchased some Pt3/Pt6 components from him a couple years ago. I'm sure he still has a lot of components. If you happen to talk to him if you would be so kind as to let him know that I for one would be very interested in making a bulk purchase from him and I would also like to somehow get my hands on the BIN files and data? I used to have the BIN files but that hard drive crashed a year ago.

Recently I made the discovery that I can have the components professionally installed by a small company my father works for in Missouri. They specialize in servicing circuitry components in the banking industry. Check scanners and so forth and anything that has to do with ATM's. They have industrial oscilloscopes and a bunch of other high end machines I'm unfamiliar with. But this gives me the ability to have an ECU completely and professionally serviced and or modified for very cheap.

Tuning is possible although I'm not interested in that. Adding IAB's to a Pt3, converting auto to manual, loading BIN files for more power (like the file from the Australian F22A9) and general repairs. This would be very fun to play around with.

Comment

He logged on last month. I'll send him a message now and hopefully he'll respond next time he comes back. Doesn't seem to be too regular these days, but he's not gone completely!

Comment

There is still hope then! Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X