Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cb7 tranny swap... auto to stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think the problem that might be a little difficult with my is running the clutch line from the master cylinder to the tranny am i right or wrong???
    ________
    Old Man Xxx
    Last edited by Davids92Accord; 04-09-2011, 03:31 AM.

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
    "2SIIC"
    Authentic Jerseys for sale
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

i was about to dive into that project right b4 i found my current 5sp boy am i glad i found it. i really want3d to do the conversion my self and have that swap under my belt, but its not ez. GL

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
      Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

Originally posted by Davids92Accord
        i think the problem that might be a little difficult with my is running the clutch line from the master cylinder to the tranny am i right or wrong???

If the engine is still in the bay, then yes, this can be challenging. It isn't impossible though. I think it took me a few minutes to figure out HOW to get it around everything without bending it, and then another 10 or so to actually do it.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

that is what im doing right now and its is sort of a pain. I would get everything you need before the swap. pull it yourself and save every bolt and braket and washer, you will kick yourself for not doing so. ive droped about 1 g for everything on my swap so far. ive had to buy some tools and i bought a aftermarket flywheel/clutch. not to metion alot of $$ for flywheel and pressure plate bolts. I could be driving my car now but I have spent so much time waiting on parts.
          spin city

Comment

damn its a pretty hard mod to do then... but ima attempt it and see what happens
            Upgrade your mind before you upgrade your car

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
              If the engine is still in the bay, then yes, this can be challenging. It isn't impossible though. I think it took me a few minutes to figure out HOW to get it around everything without bending it, and then another 10 or so to actually do it.
              ive done it with the motor still in the bay, i got the whole thing done in a day... while its annoying, its not impossible... its just annoying to get the clutch line in against the firewall properly, you need to disconnect the coolant hoses, etc.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

everybody that sees my car loves it untill they find out its and auto. im rebuilding an h22 now and i dont have the money,but i am one of the lucky ones that has a bunch of cb's sitting in the junkyard near my house and a few have 5 speeds

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                  ive done it with the motor still in the bay, i got the whole thing done in a day... while its annoying, its not impossible... its just annoying to get the clutch line in against the firewall properly, you need to disconnect the coolant hoses, etc.

Yeah like I said...15 minutes. But it is a whole lot easier when the engine is out and you can just pop it in...
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

im gonna be doing the swap in a a month or so and im gonna be going to the junkyard alot so i could get familiar with where the clutch line and everything goes and while im at it ill pull it out and buy so i could start collecting the parts
                    ________
                    SIDE EFFECTS OF AVANDIA
                    Last edited by Davids92Accord; 04-09-2011, 03:32 AM.

"2SIIC"

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                      u seriously done the whole swap in a day

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

I did it my first time in a day. But the motor was pulled out. Another thing make sure you have everything. I had to make a couple trips to the junkyard cause of forgotten parts. And honeslty i only paid $100 for the entire swap form the yard. The shifter cables and shifter box are all direct bolt in. All the holes are already set for everything (clutch master cylinder, clutch pedal, the thing that holds the fluid, can't think of the name). But everything is direct swap. If you have trouble with the key coming out and so forth let me know i can fix it. its an auto thing.

Comment

damn u guys work fast

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

well anyone can work fast aslong as they are familiar with the job i think i could prolly have it done in a day or 2 and thats because i already know how to swap out the the tranny since i did it before a few months ago
                            ________
                            Ipad accessories
                            Last edited by Davids92Accord; 04-09-2011, 03:34 AM.

"2SIIC"

Comment

i got an LSD F22 tranny on the way so im gonna be doing this swap real soon, my main concern is puttin the clutch/flywheel in, im gettin the XTD stage 1 clutch and lightened flywheel off eBay, and it has no timing marks.....i am not familular with the clutch/flywheel at all, and i think this is gonna be the hardest part for me, i know i need a clutch alignment tool but have no idea how to use it or what to even align
                              1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

LSD f22 tranny??? where did you get that tranny at
                                ________
                                ASIAN CUTE
                                Last edited by Davids92Accord; 04-09-2011, 03:34 AM.

"2SIIC"

Comment

Working...
                                X