Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H22 Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpat93accord View Post
    Something came in today...

Nice! Thats the exact header I wanted to order...but I can't live without A/C unfortunately because Cali weather is moody as hell lately! I'm going to end up buying a Peakboost Quick4AC if I plan to keep my car a daily driver. I can't drive my car on rainy or cold days without the window fogging up with no A/C to blast that foggyness away.

What size intercooler piping are you going to do? I'm in the process of ordering 3" piping and my intercooler should be here by the end of the week. Lemme know when you do your intercooler piping i'm curious to see how you will route it!

I am the Yakuza CB7!
    JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
    1994 Prelude V-Tec
    1999 CL 3.0
    2000 Prelude
    2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
    1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
    1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
    1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

I'm keeping my eye on this thread ! I'm looking to boost mine in the
      near future. Great info ! And quality parts ! Good job bro !

:Back In Business...

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
        sweetness, is Benson doing your work, this is where I am opting to do mine!

edit: nevermind question answered on page 2 with benson stamp on block!

I am excited to see what your going to put down, 400 on low boost still goal?
        Me too, im hoping for mid 400's on low boost, still not sure which turbo im going with tho, im leaning toward the GT30R. Im also interested in the new GTX30R, they have them rated pretty high!

Originally posted by Warudakumi View Post
        Nice! Thats the exact header I wanted to order...but I can't live without A/C unfortunately because Cali weather is moody as hell lately! I'm going to end up buying a Peakboost Quick4AC if I plan to keep my car a daily driver. I can't drive my car on rainy or cold days without the window fogging up with no A/C to blast that foggyness away.

What size intercooler piping are you going to do? I'm in the process of ordering 3" piping and my intercooler should be here by the end of the week. Lemme know when you do your intercooler piping i'm curious to see how you will route it!
        You dont need A/C bro lol...stay away from PB, if anything happens to the mani, you're pretty much screwed unless you can weld, because they've closed the doors!

Im not sure as to what size piping im going with, it will be @ least 2.5" tho. The way im running my piping is pretty simple tho, I wish I would've took pics from when my car was boosted the first time.

Originally posted by RyderzUnlimited View Post
        I'm keeping my eye on this thread ! I'm looking to boost mine in the
        near future. Great info ! And quality parts ! Good job bro !
        Thanks bro...boost it, you'll love it!

Comment

Didn't peakboost go out of business and steal alot of money from everyone and disappeared?

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
            Didn't peakboost go out of business and steal alot of money from everyone and disappeared?
            Yep, thats why i told him to stay away from PB and PB products

Comment

Finally got around to finishing my turbo build (for now )

Washed and ready to be tuned

The tow rig and my baby getting ready to head out

And here's a dyno sheet on a conservative 22psi

Comment

wow. that is freaking nuts!

Comment

Holy Jesus. Awesome numbers man.
                  10th Anniversary Accord.
                  05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Ride List
                    1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                    2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                    newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Originally posted by PhatAccord View Post
                      wow. that is freaking nuts!
                      Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
                      Holy Jesus. Awesome numbers man.
                      Originally posted by blazenem View Post
                      Thanks guys! Car is a blast to drive!

Comment

I am a little confused on why your torque numbers are so low.
                        what intake manifold are you using, and intercooler?
                        MadLab Racing
                        Southern Maryland

Comment

Maybe torque is low because it was 3rd gear not 4th? Thats my guess. Nice build and numbers though

Comment

That's amazing.
                            ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Using a stock intake manifold without butterflies and a precision 600hp IC

Originally posted by Sordz View Post
                              Maybe torque is low because it was 3rd gear not 4th? Thats my guess. Nice build and numbers though
                              Thanks man!

Originally posted by cb7 calling View Post
                              That's amazing.
                              Thanks!

Comment

Now that's worth bumping a 3 year old thread!! Good numbers! The torque appears low simply because the motor carried torque very well into the higher rpms. Has nothing to do with the gear it was in. It's not a bad thing, it's just uncommon among Honda's for a motor of that displacement to carry torque that high. If it were a B16 or GSR most people probably wouldn't give a second glance at the torque vs hp numbers.

10.2:1 F-series, 417whp, 398lb/ft Single-Cam on pump gas

Comment

Working...
                                X