Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK I don't know if anyone has done this yet, but Im switching my brake system over to a 1994 Vigor's.

All u need is: Vigor Calipers, Brackets, Rotors, Pads. Same brake system as in the Acura NSX minus the prop valve and hydraulic assist.

Use all original Honda/Acura parts, they are heat-treated unlike some other "performance" brake systems.

Its costly, but will make u kiss the windshield everytime u stop.

Last edited by lokuputha; 04-20-2006, 12:09 AM.
    DEVOTE

Comment

I put new brakes on the car a month ago. I'm running powerslot rotors and Wagner Thermo Quiet Ceramic pads front and back. The fronts are rotor over hub with Prelude SR-V calipers. Best setup I've had yet in 7 yrs between two different accords.

.:1993 EX-R Sedan:..:psyphredotcom:..:mrtazzymotorsports:.

Comment

i need brake pads above oem
        for my 91 4 door ex-r
        cccheaaaa
        Accord Nation

92 accord sold, 91 accord ex-r still alive
        240sx for that dorifto action comming soon

Comment

I replaced my fronts with Brembo Vented Blanks + EBC Green stuff pads and they work great, when cold + wet they arent that great but once they are warm its incredible...I suggest this for a budget setup....Its somewhere around 200-300 bucks total
          JustBlaze

Comment

i got the power slot rotors front/rear, stock pads, goodridge stainless steel brake lines. im happy

Comment

I just had my calipers swapped to the '06 CRV's and the break's improved alot.
              I'm not sure if this way will work in the US because the CRVs here are MIT.
              In Taiwan, cb7 drivers usually swap the calipers to the Preludes' or CRVs'.
              We also have the hubs/bearings swapped to the 6th gen. Accords'
              to solve the shaking problem.

my member's ride thread

Comment

I never heard of CRV calipers being used... interesting. It's great having you guys from Taiwan here! The usual US approaches are getting stale... I'm sure there are lots of things you guys do that we haven't thought of yet!

Prelude calipers have been done, I believe. I want to do the Acura CL setup. 11.1" rotors and I believe bigger calipers... also rotor over hub, which makes rotor changing easier (I didn't read anything above, so i'm sure this was already said )

Comment

Before you want to try the CRV calipers, you must have your hub upgraded first.
                  Also, the rotors have to be more than 286mm if I remember correctly.
                  Actually I have 303mm rotors in 16" rims and it doesn't even FULL.

my member's ride thread

Comment

EBC Front Rotors $143
                    Autozone Lifetime semi-ceramic Gold brake pads $32 (Never pay for pads again!!!)
                    Stops on a dime.
                    Another thing to consider is the fact that brakes are only part of the equation. Your tires have alot more to do with excellent braking. If you have no grip, then you won't even stop. Upgraded brakes offer better resistance to fading. If you are going to do a good upgrade, don't forget to upgrade the brake fluid. If you don't have ABS, then consider DOT 5, otherwise move up to DOT 4 with a higher boiling point.
                    Hope this helps some.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

http://www.modacar.com/manufacturer/...Brake+Rotor+U/ <-------FTW

Stock calipers
                      Bigger rotors
                      What more can I ask for???

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                        http://www.modacar.com/manufacturer/...Brake+Rotor+U/ <-------FTW

Stock calipers
                        Bigger rotors
                        What more can I ask for???

Do you have this upgrade kit? Does it work with stock wheels? If it is true that wagons have bigger brakes from the factory will the just swap over? Last question, Will the nissin calipers swap right over to a car that has the akebono(sp?) calipers?
                        91' EX H22-5 speed swap

Comment

*Buyer Beware*
                          I bought my Brembo Blanks from autopartswarehouse.com and its been around 4 months and my rotors have developed small cracks on the rotor surface; where the pads touch the rotors...One theory on what is going on, is that shitty metal was used to create these brakes, and now its destroying the rotors. Its not a large problem now but in about 1-3 months depending on how i drive, im buying new brakes. Im steering away from brembo and am trying to figure out what to try next....
                          JustBlaze

Comment

Originally posted by Half-Pint
                            *Buyer Beware*
                            I bought my Brembo Blanks from autopartswarehouse.com and its been around 4 months and my rotors have developed small cracks on the rotor surface; where the pads touch the rotors...One theory on what is going on, is that shitty metal was used to create these brakes, and now its destroying the rotors. Its not a large problem now but in about 1-3 months depending on how i drive, im buying new brakes. Im steering away from brembo and am trying to figure out what to try next....
                            Are you sure it wasn't a rebranded brand claiming to be Brembo?

Comment

Okay to add to this thread, here is an easy upgrade:

91-93 Wagon front rotors
                              91-93 Front brake calipers w/ brackets (These are the same as Vigor)
                              91-93 Brake pads

That's it. Simple and very effective.

For wagon owners:

EBC or Brembo front rotors
                              Green stuff pads

With either setup, be prepared to kiss the windshield!!!!

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by Half-Pint
                                *Buyer Beware*

u might of picked up some fake Brembo's...get a hold of Brembo and tell them about ur problem....original Brembo rotors are very hardy and go through a very thorough heat treatment process to reduce internal stresses and increase longevity.

FYI...according to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, more than 50% of all auto parts in North America are fake....even reputable retailers have been scammed into distributing such crap.
                                DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
                                X