Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

roh swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roh swap

I was wondering, what are my options for a junkyard ROH swap? Id like to swap parts from the same car if possible, would a prelude work? Sorry i didnt search, its saying "fatal error". I know TAS has these, but im trying to save money as this is my DD and id rather it be easier to work on.
    Cars:
    91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    98 Accord LX Sedan
    95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

i know your trying to save bur if you think about it, getting it at a junkyard youll prob spend somewhere between $100 to $175 not including the calipers but dont quote me on that and also get new pads....so really $150 to $200 and alot of work to get the hubs off after its all said and done. Or you can spend an extra $150 and get ALL the parts new and virtually no work ....no worries about squeeks, rattles NOTHING But thats just me, theres alot of members that do conversions and use all used parts and not have any problems...Good Luck with witchever route you choose

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

i think the ROH is a waste of money and time, there is nothing wrong with the factory setup anyone with half a brain can swap the rotors on a cb 7...

Comment

Oooooo k.....

Originally posted by old honda tek View Post
        i think the ROH is a waste of money and time, there is nothing wrong with the factory setup anyone with half a brain can swap the rotors on a cb 7...
        Uhm...have you changed your front rotors on your car yet?

I just can not see a logical person saying "there is nothing wrong with the factory setup" once they have finished doing both sides on these cars.

I've done countless brake jobs on convensional honda's and they take all of 20 minutes and very few basic tools...CB7's...good god...what bass-ackwards-r&d-team designed this system?...lol

It goes without saying I have bought the HOR to ROH hubs, bearings and rotors already and are doing the swap when the rotors get a wobble in them.

Just surprised to read your post. That's all.

:-)

Comment

^^^ im sure hes never done them, ive done em twice and the first time i took em apart with hammer cus i found someone selling rotors off a cd5 and after i took em out i notice cd5 had roh and i didnt

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

i have done hundreds in my 20 yrs as a honda mechanic it takes about an hour to do both sides if you have tools......

Comment

Originally posted by old honda tek View Post
              i have done hundreds in my 20 yrs as a honda mechanic it takes about an hour to do both sides if you have tools......
              they are designed ASS BACKWARDS and im sure 99% of the people on CB7tuner would agree on that.

lol if by "tools" you mean a welder than sure i can see that being possible.. waiittt nope nope ..nope..even then its still a PITA !

to the OP the swap isnt exactly cheap. a 2nd advantage to buying new parts is that you dont have to go through of the headache of pulling the parts needed and risk damaging them. either way you look at it, its just plain easier and reliable to get new parts. the oem parts on there now have lasted 18+ years, buy new ones and have them last for another 18+ ::
              Last edited by xkjnboix; 09-30-2010, 07:43 PM.
              frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Changing rotors is a pain in the ass with the conventional cb7 setup but I dont think swapping to rotor over hub is really worth it unless you are also upgrading to the larger rotors from prelude vtec with 23t calipers and brackets. Realistically if this car is just a DD you shouldn't be replacing rotors too often.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced View Post
                  Changing rotors is a pain in the ass with the conventional cb7 setup but I dont think swapping to rotor over hub is really worth it unless you are also upgrading to the larger rotors from prelude vtec with 23t calipers and brackets. Realistically if this car is just a DD you shouldn't be replacing rotors too often.
                  pretty much, when i got my cross drilled rotors after i noticed how hard they were to replace i just got new wheel bearing, rotors, pads and brake hardware kit and swapped everything out in one shot, but i do wanna get roh because my ebay rotors dont look so good (still work just looks like shiet) and i found some name brand ones for a few dollars more of what i paid for the ebay ones and they come powdercoated around the surfaces that dont come in contact with the pads

Comment

Yeah i was thinking the same thing with the brake upgrade, if swapping the whole knuckle off of a prelude vtec would work, i would look into that. I'm all for more performance, but being that i live in an apartment and i dont have room for a ton of tools id prefer to make maintenence easier. What years of car would i be looking for? I'm in no hurry, but if i have to take it apart once, id rather improve it in some way.
                    Last edited by bmxfelon420; 10-01-2010, 11:22 AM.
                    Cars:
                    91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                    98 Accord LX Sedan
                    95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

Comment

Working...
                    X