Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
    holy rust batman!
    I know, when I opened it up I was shocked. I knew it would be rusted, I just wasn't expecting that.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Got a few more items wrapped up and off the punch list last night.

-Oil filled
      -Antifreeze is filled and bled
      -Front lip cleaned and installed
      -O2 sensor installed
      -Rubber hangers for exhaust installed
      -Overflow tank washed and installed
      -Resistor box pigtail soldered and installed (OBD II injectors)
      -Ultra Racing upper front strut bar installed
      -Clips in side skirts installed

There were another few things I did, but can't remember last night. Too many late nights are starting to run together.

Ultra Racing Front Upper Strut Bar 1 (This bar is solid, I mean super solid. Hopefully I will be able to notice how well this bar works in comparison to my shitty eBay bar on my sedan.)

Ultra Racing Front Upper Strut Bar 2

Ultra Racing Front Upper Strut Bar 3

Ultra Racing Front Upper Strut Bar 4

Engine Bay 1

Engine Bay 2

Lip Installed (Still need to get 4 more clips to fully install it. Ignore the mess on the floor.)

Hopefully this week she will be out on the road of her own accord. Today the ST sway bars show up as well. I will get the front installed first and probably the rear later this week.
      Last edited by Rilas; 07-21-2015, 11:05 AM.

Comment

I definitely want to see the front ST mounted. I was debating on that or the Tanabe FSB

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

i have the front and rear ur strut tower bars and my car doesn't so much turn corners as it rotates around them. yeah they are some beefy bars.
          CB7TUNER.com
          Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
            I definitely want to see the front ST mounted. I was debating on that or the Tanabe FSB
            Well they didn't show up today. So hopefully tomorrow. But I will post up some pictures of it.

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
            i have the front and rear ur strut tower bars and my car doesn't so much turn corners as it rotates around them. yeah they are some beefy bars.
            After getting the front yesterday, I am going to order the rear in the next paycheck or two.

Comment

More or less I did nothing tonight and took it easy. A few pictures though.

Cowl (Cleaned, also it took me quite awhile to find an unbroken cowl in the junk yard. Ordered the rubber covers for the hood hinges today. Talk about tough to find and not cheap. Between the two covers and shipping it was a touch over $50.)

Little Man's Hand Prints on Windshield (A few months ago, wanted a picture before the windshield is washed.)

AEM V2 (In sedan currently.)

AEM V2 Custom Mounting Brackets

PLM H22 Tri-Y Header on F22/H23 Flange

2009 Honda Pilot Touring (Another member of the family.)

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get my sway bars up. Maybe start the car we'll see.

Comment

I almost started the car last night. I moved the battery from the sedan over to Lola. After checking everything over again, I realized I left the power steering speed pump and the vss out of the transmission. Needless to say the entire thing was coated in oil and dirt buildup. It took about 50 minutes to get it all cleaned up. While cleaning that I realized I needed some power steering fluid for the thing, don't want to burn it up. I realized as well that I haven't adjusted the TPS. So I didn't start the car last night, which bummed me out a bit, but I'm not in a rush. I did run to Wal-Mart and get a few more hose clamps and some power steering fluid for the PSSP.

Also my ST sway bars didn't show up again last night. Yesterday I emailed the company I bought them from. I got a reply late last night, they couldn't find them in their Nevada warehouse. Their PA warehouse didn't have any in stock and was supposed to get them in on the 15th. They didn't actually get any in stock until yesterday. It was shipped out UPS 3 day select. I will either get them on Saturday or Monday. Sorry for the delay in this guys.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                  damn, super duper clean with a fine attention to detail. love the build. what method are you using to clean everything?
                  Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                  To clean everything I'm just using some simple green, a scraper, dish brush, Scott's Blue Shop Towels, small flat blade screw driver, and a ton of elbow grease!

I knew the ST would be thicker but I picked this sway bar up about 6 months ago and it's been sitting on a shelf since, only paid $7 which is hard to beat. Since it's solid I figured it would be a little bit of an upgrade over the hollow one. It should pair nicely with the Progress rear sway bar I plan on picking up in a month or two.

Didn't get my steering parts ordered last week but I just put in my order for them this morning. I know they aren't the greatest quality but, they are all getting moved over to the sedan to be sold, in the near future. I didn't want to get the cheapest stuff possible because I might be riding around on it for a few months myself.

Also picked up OEM lower ball joints from the Honda dealer so they are covered even though they aren't listed. I didn't forget!

wow this is an impressive member rides thread. Lots of cleaning and dedication to this oem inspired build. Love it.

keep up the great work and keep us posted.

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                  I almost started the car last night. I moved the battery from the sedan over to Lola. After checking everything over again, I realized I left the power steering speed pump and the vss out of the transmission. Needless to say the entire thing was coated in oil and dirt buildup. It took about 50 minutes to get it all cleaned up. While cleaning that I realized I needed some power steering fluid for the thing, don't want to burn it up. I realized as well that I haven't adjusted the TPS. So I didn't start the car last night, which bummed me out a bit, but I'm not in a rush. I did run to Wal-Mart and get a few more hose clamps and some power steering fluid for the PSSP.

Also my ST sway bars didn't show up again last night. Yesterday I emailed the company I bought them from. I got a reply late last night, they couldn't find them in their Nevada warehouse. Their PA warehouse didn't have any in stock and was supposed to get them in on the 15th. They didn't actually get any in stock until yesterday. It was shipped out UPS 3 day select. I will either get them on Saturday or Monday. Sorry for the delay in this guys.

What size is the ST front sway bar btw? I went with the CD5 front sway bar its 27mm compared to the 25mm front oem cb7 sway bar.

I too have the Ultra Racing front strut bar. I love it. I completed my cb with the rear strut bar and the lower floor bar.

I highly recommend getting the other 2 bars. Car feels super solid.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                    wow this is an impressive member rides thread. Lots of cleaning and dedication to this oem inspired build. Love it.

keep up the great work and keep us posted.

What size is the ST front sway bar btw? I went with the CD5 front sway bar its 27mm compared to the 25mm front oem cb7 sway bar.

I too have the Ultra Racing front strut bar. I love it. I completed my cb with the rear strut bar and the lower floor bar.

I highly recommend getting the other 2 bars. Car feels super solid.
                    Thank you for the compliment Excalibur02.

The front ST sway bar is solid and 27mm as well.

Funny you should mention the Ultra Racing bars. I actually purchased the rear upper strut bar on Friday. I am looking at getting the floor bar soon as well as the CD5 fender braces, but modified to actually bolt onto our door hinges. I'm also debating about purchasing a set of the body bars for under the car. Not sure how this will work with being lowered in the near future.

Comment

wow

Really excellent job man .... nice work.
                      a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
                      out with the old and in with the new

Comment

Originally posted by jaykilla116 View Post
                        Really excellent job man .... nice work.
                        Thank you for the compliment jaykilla116. Time and patience really pays off.

Comment

Well after not much in the way of updates I finally have some. Over the weekend I managed to wrap up almost everything and attempted to start the car. Which did not go quite as planned.

Cleaned PSSP and VSS

Mount for Wiring left by removing the External Coil

Optima Battery

Engine Bay Before Startup 1

So upon trying to start it up for the first time I had some difficulties.

1st Startup: Failed no fuel in the lines. Proceeded to prime fuel lines.
                          2nd Startup: Failed car wouldn't turn over. Problem with positive battery cable. Fixed.
                          3rd Startup: Engine started up but ran rough, with CEL. After checking codes turned out to be code 3 for the MAP. Swapped MAP sensors.
                          4th Startup: Engine started up but ran rough again with CEL light. Checked codes number 3 again. Checked MAP ODBI to ODBII conversion harness. Found there were 2 wires crossed. Fixed.
                          5th Startup: Engine runs great with no CEL's. Granted I've only had the engine running as long as the video below.

5th Startup Attempt

So after all the wiring I've done/moved/extended, the only thing wrong was the MAP conversion harness. In truth I was worried that the distributor conversion harness would be the one to give me problems. I most likely did the MAP harness late at night in a sleepy stupor. All the headlights, fans, horns, blinkers work! I'm not sure if the AC works yet because I haven't had it running long enough to test. I can't even tell you guys how stoked I am to have this running, even though it's still sitting in the garage.

Comment

Last night I finally got the ST front and rear sway bars! I was only going to install the front but after looking at the hardware for the rear it didn't look too tough, so I ended up installing both.

Front ST compared to 99 CL 3.0 Premium (I didn't notice until last night even the CL bar is bent. On the right side of it in the picture where it comes up over the exhaust, on the exiting bend it's not as sharp as the left side)

Front ST Sway Bar Ends

Front ST Sway Bar Installed 1

Front ST Sway Bar Installed 2

Front ST Sway Bar Installed 3

Front ST Sway Bar Installed 4

Rear Sway Bar Removed (Out with the old in the with new!)

Rear ST Sway Bar and Hardware

Rear ST Sway Bar Hardware

Rear ST Sway Bar Ends

Rear ST Sway Bar Mounted to Trailing Arm (Sorry it's slightly blurry but you get the idea.)

Rear ST Sway Bar End Links

Rear ST Sway Bar Mount

Rear End

After looking at the hardware and actually mounting the rear ST sway bar, I'm much happier with it than I thought I would be. I was under the impression that it used all the stock mounting points and the same style of end links. It's styling is closer to that of the Progress rear sway bar.

Sadly even though the car now runs and most likely can move, I still can't drive it. I need to wait a few more weeks until I can actually afford the tabs for the car. Just gives me a bit more time to make sure everything is perfect before actually getting her out on the road.

Comment

Great progress man, one thing at a time. Congrats on getting her running. Is the AEM V2 metal? I can't tell, I'm trying to configure a different intake situation to see if there's any difference between a CAI and a short ram situation. I hear that having a metal intake doesn't help much, but we'll see.

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
                              - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

Originally posted by khal.lawson View Post
                                Great progress man, one thing at a time. Congrats on getting her running. Is the AEM V2 metal? I can't tell, I'm trying to configure a different intake situation to see if there's any difference between a CAI and a short ram situation. I hear that having a metal intake doesn't help much, but we'll see.
                                Khal.lawson the AEM V2 is metal, but if you can wrap your exhaust, it shouldn't heat soak too badly. Once I get it in Lola, I'm going to work on a semi ram intake with it. Basically get the filter cut off from the rest of the bay and draw in cooler air from where the original resonator box was at. Also thanks again for the compliments!

Comment

Working...
                                X