No announcement yet.

Rilas : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are the factory plugs of OBDII manifold I believe. Or at least I've only seen them on OBDII manifolds so far. My F22B DOHC intake manifold has the same plugs.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Yeah, house mods sound like a PITA, but are necessary. Steady progress here. The manifold looks great!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        Yeah, house mods sound like a PITA, but are necessary. Steady progress here. The manifold looks great!
        Thanks Sonik! Yes the house mods certainly have been a PITA! But I am closing in on the end of the big ones. Just some smaller stuff around the house is left. Sometimes I don't feel like I'm making any progress. The last 2 weeks I haven't done a whole lot. Look at the car everyday in the garage. Yes I was actually surprised at how much the manifold shined up on the outside. Looks new now.

Comment

So today the battle for this has finally ended!!!

F20B/Euro R Crank Pulley 1

F20B/Euro R Crank Pulley 2

I was trying to get this through a seller that another CB7Tuner member found, but that fell through at the end. So after trying to get in touch a few more times and basically wasting time. I ordered this through our favorite engine importer! I ended up paying $40 more for a used one, the one I was trying to buy was supposed to be new for $120 shipped. Oh well, I figure you win some and lose some. I've already won on a few big items for this engine so I don't mind losing on this one.

Tomorrow this is off to the machine shop and they can get the engine balanced. So hopefully in the next month or so I'll have them payed off and the engine at home in the garage ready to be assembled. I could probably have it home a bit sooner but I have a few other things in the works for the car right now. Time will tell what's in store.
          Last edited by Rilas; 03-03-2016, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Well, there's another item on my wish list! Never knew about this pulley. Makes sense for the PS delete. Looks like that one is in excellent condition. So did the F20B equipped Accords have a manual rack?
            1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
              Well, there's another item on my wish list! Never knew about this pulley. Makes sense for the PS delete. Looks like that one is in excellent condition. So did the F20B equipped Accords have a manual rack?
              I believe these particular models had an electric power steering pump. I'm not 100% sure on that though. So don't take it for fact.

Comment

Ah that does make sense. I guess Honda wouldn't be doing manual racks this late in the game. Still, it's good to know there's a single belt crank pulley available without having to go aftermarket. Not to demean any aftermarket suppliers, but there's millions of dollars and hours of R&D that go into OEM Honda parts built with the sole intent of lasting for hundreds of thousands of miles so they are worth it to me.

Comment

The S2K also has a single row crank pulley but the off set is slightly different then the H/F series engines. It can be made to work with some effort. But I prefer to get the correct part for the job. Their are some rare cases where this rule is broken. Beyond that it's an ATI or a FluidAmpr crank pulley. I wouldn't even consider buying an after market stock replacement damper.

Comment

That plenum looks to be in great condition. What are your plans for it? Sucks you had to pay for the pulley but at least now you have what you need. There's not a huge difference but it is nice to be able to take the pulley off without loosening the motor mount and it makes changing belts so much easier.

Comment

Mike for the time being I don't have any real plans for it. For now I'm just going to leave it stock. I think I'll pickup a phenolic iab spacer. I'll keep the iab's as well. I'm just not sure if all of that will fit under the 3 point ESP bar. If the manifold sits the same as the F22B it will fit. But I'm unsure on this currently. I don't really mind the changing belts so much. But yes taking the pulley on and off in the car is so much easier with the single row. I already have one on my F22A4. One reason I got it though is really how much more clearance you gain when removing and installing the engine into the bay. That stupid second row makes it to where the pulley is almost touching the body, or is touching the body upon installation. The biggest reason is my other 2 crank pulleys that I have, the rubber is starting to crack in them. I reasoned I've put enough money into this damn engine that I want the extra insurance of rubber that hasn't started to crack yet, so I can avoid pulley separation.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                        Beyond that it's an ATI or a FluidAmpr crank pulley. I wouldn't even consider buying an after market stock replacement damper.
                        I've seen these names before but wasn't aware of them producing an F22A equivalent. Is there a custom source for these?

Comment

Well the H/F engines use the same offset and snout. So for any of these engines you just buy the H22 crank pulley. If you read Gary's thread (jdm92_accorn) he used an ATI crank pulley on his F22/F23 hybrid before he sold it to a friend.

Comment

Got it! Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Comment

Yea no problem man, glad I could help.

Comment

So I've switched up my focus a little bit for the time being. As this damn engine still needs a small fortune in parts to even bother trying to get running. Which I could buy now but the machine shop still needs some more time. I'm not in a total rush as I've only paid about 2/3 of my bill so far. While the weather is starting to get nicer I decided it's time to get the suspension and brakes moved over from the sedan to the coupe. But the suspension needs a bit of a freshening up. This was due to budget constraints at the time I did this. I have some Neuspeed Race springs paired with KYB AGX shocks (I know, I know shoot me now!) Anyone that has done this well you know. If you don't the ride is harsh. As I'm getting older and now have a family this is starting to become unacceptable. So today I made a few purchased to at least get this project started.

Energy Suspension Front Strut Rod Bushings

Energy Suspension Front Coil Spring Isolator

Eibach 2.5" Spacer

HyperCo CS100 Spring (This isn't the right picture but was the clearest I could find that was similar.)

Bilstein 94-97 Accord 46mm Monotube Front Shocks

So the helper springs are rated at 25 in/lbs so this enough to hold the race springs up at full droop on the suspension. I will have all of these parts in by next Friday. In the next week or so I will purchase the necessary parts to get the rear end done up as well. Then I'll get back to focusing my attention on the H22A1.
                                Last edited by Rilas; 03-05-2016, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X