No announcement yet.

SUSP : 5 lug conversion 6th Gen Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one of my favorite right ups. Good jod da9b16!

Comment

da9b16 I did my whole front end using the 01 v6 knuckles and im lowered on koni yellow+neuspeed sport and im having issues with the knuckle rubbing on the springs...are you or anyone else having a similar issue? I made a thread of how to minimize/completely stop it

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
      When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
        da9b16 I did my whole front end using the 01 v6 knuckles and im lowered on koni yellow+neuspeed sport and im having issues with the knuckle rubbing on the springs...are you or anyone else having a similar issue? I made a thread of how to minimize/completely stop it
        Do you have a camber kit?

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
          Do you have a camber kit?
          No, im pretty sure that will eliminate the issue. I havent gotten a camber kit due to the hassle of finding someone to do the alignment, none of the local shops wants to touch my car if i get a camber kit

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

That is weird

Are your UCAs new?

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

This is probably in here somewhere but im lazy and didnt read all posts.

Are the '00 v6 Accord calipers the same or equivalant to VTEC calipers?

Comment

Originally posted by nate'sCB7 View Post

i don't know about the equality but

if you scroll up and look at the pics of my front wheel you will see where i used the 02 TL bracket with the 90 Accord caliper, all worked nice
                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                  That is weird

Are your UCAs new?
                  Nope. same old UCA. I just recently installed the energy suspension kit, grinded the back side of the knuckle and still kinda feels like it grinds... i painted the area i grinded so if i see clean metal ill know its still doing it.

Hmm...

01 EX V6 Part# C9476
                  01 EX Vtec Part# C8101

Im guessing no.

Comment

Hmm...

01 EX V6 Part# C9476
                    01 EX Vtec Part# C8101

Im guessing no.
                    I didnt mean are they Exactly the same.

Ok, how about this.
                    Will the '00 Accord v6 calipers provide similar performance capabilities in comparison to the VTEC calipers?

Comment

I didnt mean are they Exactly the same.

Ok, how about this.
                      Will the '00 Accord v6 calipers provide similar performance capabilities in comparison to the VTEC calipers?
                      I believe their the same design (mechanically) but the V6 might have a slightly bigger rotor and caliper. If you want better performance Ive heard of members using the Acura Legend calipers witch uses dual pistons

Comment

I believe their the same design (mechanically) but the V6 might have a slightly bigger rotor and caliper. If you want better performance Ive heard of members using the Acura Legend calipers witch uses dual pistons
                        True, correct me if im wrong though.
                        But because the Legend calipers are a rear mount style (cb7 calipers are on the front of rotor)
                        with the dual pistons, the larger of the 2 would be on the bottom which doesnt allow full contact of the top piston.

Unless you can mount them on the opposite side, of a CB. Hopefully that made sense....

Comment

yea it does but it mounts in same place calipers is just bigger best to use 95 legend g,s brake setup they have bigggggger calipers and rotors
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                          i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

so i have 93 accord LX ok so pretty much all i need for the rear drum is a prelude hub and crv drum to do a 5 lug drum conversion right.....so would that set up of the front work too cuz i see you have 6 gen accord so you jus wondering if the front set up will work

Comment

True, correct me if im wrong though.
                              But because the Legend calipers are a rear mount style (cb7 calipers are on the front of rotor)
                              with the dual pistons, the larger of the 2 would be on the bottom which doesnt allow full contact of the top piston.

Unless you can mount them on the opposite side, of a CB. Hopefully that made sense....
                              I think that's what people do (flip from left to right)

I really don't think all that trouble is worth it though

My friend had a 2002 Altima 3.5 SE which weighs like 300-400lbs more than a CB... all he did was upgrade the rotors + pads, and that thing stopped on a dime from like 120MPH back to back to back

Prelude caliper/rotors are the same size up front... u get Brembo blanks + nice pads... u don't need much... and u dont have to worry about calipers.

Comment

you can mount the legend caliper with the bleeder valve down and how its supposed to mount (but on our cars), and when it comes time to bleed it, all you need to do is remove the lower bolt holding the stuff in, loosen the top bolt, swing it up, stick a spare rotor or something solid in there to act as a rotor, and bleed normally.

mounting bleeder up will make it convenient, but it won't take advantage of the different sized pistons, IIRC.
                                blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Working...
                                X