Anyone with a hud display in their car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with a hud display in their car?

I was thinking of getting a hud display for my car. Since it is obd1 was wondering if anyone has one on theirs and what brand it is. Also how is it. I really just wanted a tach but having the speed up there might be nice also.

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
    I was thinking of getting a hud display for my car. Since it is obd1 was wondering if anyone has one on theirs and what brand it is. Also how is it. I really just wanted a tach but having the speed up there might be nice also.
    I recall the 240sx having them. But I think that would be a great idea.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Definitely possible, especially if you are running a S300 etc. Would also take a lot of work too! I'll assume the unit you need to buy would cost thousands and the cheap versions you probably don't want to buy.

Comment

not sure about thousands. I see units from 25 dollars to 120 dollars.

Comment

Yes but the generic ones, won't give you a tach. As most of them just plug into the cigarette lighter or a usb port to power them up. They have GPS and other sensors in them to get you some data. Speed, direction, and a few other things. No way to get tach and other information since the HUD unit isn't tied into the ECU itself to gather and display the data.
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Ya, i'm picturing a true HUD, like in a corvette. You must be talking about an ebay one for $25.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              Ya, i'm picturing a true HUD, like in a corvette. You must be talking about an ebay one for $25.
              Yes basically. I see obd2 ones that people can easily connect to their systems but i don't have obd2 so am wondering what options i have.

Comment

if you don't mind some bodging, it would be a pretty good raspberry pi or arduino project

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                X