Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My first honda (CB7) and its 99% stock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first honda (CB7) and its 99% stock.

I just got a 1992 Honda Accord LE. Its the 2.2L and 5 speed manual.

It is 99% stock the only mods done to it were a tow bar for an RV and a new head unit that has bluetooth.

The car has no rust and looks clean as hell. Interior is damn near mint. No rips on the seats anywhere and the steering wheel is no torn up. Minor dents on the trunk but an easy fix. It has the F22A. I am looking to do a swap eventually.

What do you guys think? Anything I should be loooing out for as a first time CB7 owner? Discuss below!

Pictures: https://imgur.com/gallery/a2GLmKE

That looks really clean for the car, given the age! Great find! By the way, it's an LX, not an LE. I would heavily go over the stickies in the Technical and Performance section of this site. They will help to address idle problems, hesitations and any other common issues to help you get the car running great. The F22A1 is a decent engine when it's in good condition. And before a swap is done, you can get a little bit more out of the F22A1 with about $500 and a few hours under the hood.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      That looks really clean for the car, given the age! Great find! By the way, it's an LX, not an LE. I would heavily go over the stickies in the Technical and Performance section of this site. They will help to address idle problems, hesitations and any other common issues to help you get the car running great. The F22A1 is a decent engine when it's in good condition. And before a swap is done, you can get a little bit more out of the F22A1 with about $500 and a few hours under the hood.
      Yes, that was my mistake it is an LX. What exactly could I get done to it? It’s going to be a minute before I do a swap because I deploy in September. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Schex View Post
        Yes, that was my mistake it is an LX. What exactly could I get done to it? It’s going to be a minute before I do a swap because I deploy in September. Thanks!
        Go to the Beginner Technical/Performance section, there is a sticky near the top of the page.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Nice CB you got there. I would first remove the RV hitch unless you are planning on towing it. What branch are you in? We have a couple military members here including myself. Welcome to the CB family.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

This reminds me of my dads first CB back in 1992 only thing his was an EX. I am also military as grumpy stated above there is quite a few of us here. Where might you be headed to? Welcome to the site and very very nice CB you have there.
            The CB7 Collector.
            Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
            92 LX Coupe F22A1
            2013 Toyota Corolla S
            92 EX Sedan F22A1
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Congrats on the good find. Its getting harder and harder to find these in good shape and stock. How many miles are on it?
              Does anyone else have a monthly budget of 10mm sockets or is it just me?

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                Nice CB you got there. I would first remove the RV hitch unless you are planning on towing it. What branch are you in? We have a couple military members here including myself. Welcome to the CB family.
                I am planning to. I am in the Marine Corps. Thanks I’m excited to make this car mine. 👍🏼

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
                This reminds me of my dads first CB back in 1992 only thing his was an EX. I am also military as grumpy stated above there is quite a few of us here. Where might you be headed to? Welcome to the site and very very nice CB you have there.
                My grandfather had a 92 accord as well I think that’s why I gravitated so much to the Cb7s. I am in California right now. SoCal. Thanks!

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                Congrats on the good find. Its getting harder and harder to find these in good shape and stock. How many miles are on it?
                Thanks! I wasn’t really surprised when I went to see it in person. The ODO reads 401k but again it was towed behind an RV. I would guess less than 150k engine miles. It drives like a dream. 👍🏼

Comment

Schex, since you’re in SoCal right now I have the stock EX front lip if you need something after you yank off that hitch. You can have it. Just hit me up.
                  5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
                    Schex, since you’re in SoCal right now I have the stock EX front lip if you need something after you yank off that hitch. You can have it. Just hit me up.
                    That would be cool! Yeah I got to get the cars front end up to take the tow bar off but I can do it soon. I also got a new grill and emblem on the way! Thanks man!

Comment

how many miles? I love while CBs with blue interiors. I have a stock LX headunit if you want to complete your stock look after you remove the tow bar hehe!
                      1cor10:31
                      - 92 LX coupe
                      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Thats a beaut!

My recommendation is get yourself a ROH kit from a 99 CL the ease of doing front brake jobs would be so much better. Drum to disc conversions are very easy on these cars as well, all you would need is a set of rear trailing arms with disc brake setup and matching e-brake cables.

Your car reminds me a lot of my first hand me down.
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

its a good thing you got to it before the ricer boys did...

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

Car is looking clean!!

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Working...
                            X