This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

195/60-15

To start with, I ran Bridgestone Potenza RE950s for the past two sets of tires. I absolutely loved them, but they have since been discontinued. So I had to pick a new tire. I again went with Bridgestone. I chose the Potenza RE960AS Pole Position. These are pretty incredible tires as well. I noticed a slightly softer sidewall over the RE950s, but the grip is better, especially in the wet. I have ran these for a couple of months now and give them an 8.5 out of 10.
    1992 Accord EX 4dr 5spd - SOLD after just over a decade of ownership
    2000 Subaru Legacy GT wagon 5spd
    AHM Platinum Parts Counterperson

Comment

Falkens all around

Ziex up front, FK 451 at the back (only brand to have 225/45/16) - here that is.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
      Honda Accord Euro-R
      Honda Odyssey Absolute
      Honda City I-DSi
      Honda Stream

Comment

federal 595 good cheap tire but it wont hold up at the track.

looking into azeni 615 seems to be the proven one

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

kumho 205/50/15 on the prelude 15's

cooper 205/60/15 on the accord 15's
          Freedom Is Not Free
          U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by jhnyct
            195/60-15

To start with, I ran Bridgestone Potenza RE950s for the past two sets of tires. I absolutely loved them, but they have since been discontinued. So I had to pick a new tire. I again went with Bridgestone. I chose the Potenza RE960AS Pole Position. These are pretty incredible tires as well. I noticed a slightly softer sidewall over the RE950s, but the grip is better, especially in the wet. I have ran these for a couple of months now and give them an 8.5 out of 10.
            i have RE950s
            back at it again

Comment

Magnums
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

215 40 17 Falken 451 Rating 8/10 Not bad. I used to have the Ziex 512's and those kinda sucked as far as tread wear.

Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

Continental ContiExtremeContact.

225/45-17

Excellent All-Season tires. I replaced my Potenza RE070's with them when the weather got cold.

They're a bit loud on the highway, but such is life when you're running tires like that. They have excellent cold weather dry grip (haven't experienced warm grip) and are excellent in the snow.

They're also reasonably cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by blizzard335
                    Falkens all around

Ziex up front, FK 451 at the back (only brand to have 225/45/16) - here that is.
                    Question: Are your wheels 16''x7''?
                    Because I am thinking of getting some 225/45/16 Falken Azenis RT-615 this summer for my wheels.
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter
                    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                      Toyo Proxes T1-R.

Overall this is a great tire. Probably an 8.5-9 out of 10.

They don't have the highest ultimate grip (they are still up there), of ultra high performance tires, but they are easy to use.

This is my 4th set of Toyo tires, and my first high performance set.

The 3 sets of all seasons I had were superb tires, with good grip, predictable breakaway, and a pretty long life.

I don't know how these will last yet.

They ride great, absorb impacts well, and look good!

Major downsides?

They are a little pricey.
                      I also run Toyo T1-R - 215/40/17 Personally I love them, Have tried several others, and these are the best I've used by far. 9/10

Others tried - 215/40/17 - Nankang NS-1 Imo these were the shittest tyres I've used, Wore out fast, Poor traction wet or dry, Just generally not that great. 2/10

Silverstones - 215/40/17 - The one thing I loved about these was there wear rate, I got huge milage off these (including the fronts with multiple burnouts), more than any other tyre I've owned (for memory about 25-30,000kms). The traction wasn't the best as can be expected from a hard compound rubber, Tho it was still better than the Nankangs. 6/10

Toyo T1-S (discontinued) - 205/50/15 - The first set of mag wheels I ever owned. These are the tyres that made me fall in love with Toyo due to their consistancy/traction, the only downside to them was that the inside edges would wear with any negative camber, but the new design of the T1-R accounts for this 8/10

Current tyre - Toyo T1-R - 215/40/17, As I said above - I love these tyres. Admittedly they dont have the best wear rate - My last front set only lasted 6000kms since being turbo, N/A I used to get about 10,000kms out of a front set. . . Rears on both applications last 20,000kms +
                      However I dont mind paying the price ($150 NZD each) for the level of comfort/safety/traction that they have. They have never let me down, or made me feel uncomfortable since I've owned them, weather It be cruising, or thrashing through twisty country roads. Have been using these for a few years now, I forget exactly how many pairs I've brought, Maybe around 4-6 within 4 years? My rating 9/10

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Currently running Yokohama AVS ES100's. Personally I like them. They grip real well but right now Im experiencing wheel hop due to my torn front motor mount

Looking into Azenis for the Summer

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Dunlop Enduro 606 195/60/15.

Put about 20k on em. So far, so good. Id like to either change rim/tire or just tire. Probably like a 205/55/15....

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

falken azenis all the way around. the front are pretty muchn slicks and they grip like a mofo!
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

fuzion zri 9/10 it follows the grooves on the road

kumho ecsta 7/10 always get lump on the sidewall

Comment

Goodyear F1AS 215-45-17. So far 10/10..........

F1 Link
                                Last edited by Old School; 03-06-2008, 04:44 AM.
                                Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

Working...
                                X