new h22a no balls + code 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new h22a no balls + code 22

i just took my car for a test drive after doing the h22 and a 5-speed swap. everything is great. the engine runs smooth and everything. It has no power for acceleration though. it's like its bogging out.

i also have a code 22 if that makes a difference.

thanks guys
    My Rides:

did you wire up VTEC correctly? code 2 is the VTEC OIL PRESSURE SENSOR and with that code, your car is going to run poorly.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i'm 99% sure i wired it properly. I don't have a knock sensor on it though, i'm waiting for the mailman to drop it off. (the broken one is threaded in the hole though). The other problem is that there's an oil leak somewhere on the back of the engine. I'm in the process of figuring out wtf thats about.
      My Rides:

Comment

vtec oil pressure sensor... is that the green plug right near the vtec solenoid?

Solenoid is a gray plug?
        Pressure Sensor is a green plug, or is it the actual oil pressure sensor on the back of the block?
        OBV the knock sensor is the knock sensor...
        My Rides:

Comment

ook... i'm a dumbass with the oil leak. it was the balance shaft service plug that was leaking because i didnt put it back in. Its in now and all is good there. It still comes up with code 22... all the wiring is good. is it possible that the oil pressure sensor is bad? or could it have something to do with the fact that there isnt a knock sensor on the engine yet?
          My Rides:

Comment

If you dont have a knock sensor on its going to run like shit anyways...from what I know.

Comment

you checked timing and all that right?

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                you checked timing and all that right?
                thats funny... i was just about to post up and say that the no balls thing was the timing WAYYY out. guess that's what you get for pulling 2 all-nighters in a row tryin to get ur car running so you can leave work haha.

still have the code 22 problem but it's not worth dealing with until my knock sensor gets here. she's runnin great tho
                My Rides:

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
                  If you dont have a knock sensor on its going to run like shit anyways...from what I know.
                  not true i did a h22 swap around christmas time and i don't have a knock sensor and my car runs fine no problem at all and no lose of power. the code for the knock sensor is 23 i think code 22 is the map sensor, but dont qoute me on that.

the sedan
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=134302
                  the wagon
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150426
                  the integra
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=160603

Comment

correction code 22 is v-tech pressure switch

the sedan
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=134302
                    the wagon
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150426
                    the integra
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=160603

Comment

Originally posted by demortey@mac.co View Post
                      thats funny... i was just about to post up and say that the no balls thing was the timing WAYYY out. guess that's what you get for pulling 2 all-nighters in a row tryin to get ur car running so you can leave work haha.

still have the code 22 problem but it's not worth dealing with until my knock sensor gets here. she's runnin great tho
                      yeah the timing REALLY affects how the car drives. I learned that the hard way w/ my car (messed w/ it too much and it almost killed itself out one time w/ the lack of power)

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Did you convert the swap from obd2? obd2 engines dont have vtec pressure switch. Just splice the wire the runs to the vtec pressure switch on the ecu to the vtec selenoid wire. This way when the ecu tells the vtec to engage it also sees proper oil pressure. (or thinks it does) This is exactly what I did with my swap and it works like a dream.
                        Keep in mind this will only work until the ecu detects that there is no knock sensor. Once you have a knock sensor it will be perfect.
                        Let me know how this works out.

^Click Me!^

Comment

no, i didn't convert it. it came out of a ba8, so it would have already been converted if it needed to be. the vtec oil pressure switch has the same green connector as all the coolant temp sensors? is this right?
                          My Rides:

Comment

check your puter maybe someone moved it when they sat on the passenger thats what happen to me so i had it checked and it was the connection to the puter that was loose.

Comment

Originally posted by zacatecas View Post
                              check your puter maybe someone moved it when they sat on the passenger thats what happen to me so i had it checked and it was the connection to the puter that was loose.
                              the connection is good. i checked it with a meter, and everything is good. the sensor is grounded. nobody's sat in teh pass seat. i'm wondering if that oil switch could be bad.

edit: hmm... i just disconnected the vtec solenoid and the pressure sensor and i now have codes 21(vtec solenoid) 22(pressure) and 23(knock sensor). maybe i have the pressure sensor and knock wires crossed...

edit again: the wires are all right.
                              Last edited by demortey@mac.co; 04-11-2009, 09:14 PM.
                              My Rides:

Comment

Working...
                              X