Local store cv axle recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
    It barely made it through horseshoe putting it in.That was the biggest pain in ass. Had to lube it up a bit.
    Silly me - I think I've always taken the fork off to get it out of the way.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I use advance auto new axels. They are now incorporated with carquest. So they selll the carquest brand now. They take a fairly good beating by my turbo accords. Only thing I have broke on them is the boots. Also if you go to advance auto they can second source you some good shit they can order you any axel from auto part international or even the oem manufacturer worldpack. How ever I have found advances axels do just fine and can deffently take a beating.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
        The new axles at Autozone, Oreilly, Napa, and many others are all made by the same company, I used to do R&D for them.
        all from fkn china

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
          Silly me - I think I've always taken the fork off to get it out of the way.
          I always remove the suspension fork. I unbolt it from the shock as well as remove it from the LCA. I used to fight it before but its so much easier when you take it apart and you get all the clearance in the world after that.

You won't have to worry about popping a CV joint out of its cage either. Most name brand shocks have a tab that you line up to reinsert it back into the fork also, making it easier to know that you've lined it up correctly.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

That’s funny I have never even thought of removing the suspension fork on a cb for axle replacement. I did a cv joint on a second gen when I was 16-17 years old which if I recall requires the fork to be detached. Took two or three days to remove the bolt so I only touch those when needed.
            As far as your warranty goes they will always give you crap when you try to replace, like you need to go to the original store you bought it from, or we need your receipt or anything. From their view though it legit hurts their daily sales to do a warrenty exchange I bet.
            ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Originally posted by cb7 calling View Post
              That’s funny I have never even thought of removing the suspension fork on a cb for axle replacement. I did a cv joint on a second gen when I was 16-17 years old which if I recall requires the fork to be detached. Took two or three days to remove the bolt so I only touch those when needed.
              As far as your warranty goes they will always give you crap when you try to replace, like you need to go to the original store you bought it from, or we need your receipt or anything. From their view though it legit hurts their daily sales to do a warrenty exchange I bet.
              I should of gotten one from advance or autozone. That way i don't have to keep receipt, which i think i've already lost. So far so good. Clicking is gone and running like silk. Today am doing my rear upper control arms and replacing brake hoses with stainless steel.

Comment

Working...
              X