Ebay Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay Headers

Ok, I know this has been brought up before and a lot. I currently have a bone stock f22a1 and I just want to get a little bit more out of it. As is I need a new one. Ive read a lot about the stock a1 headers and I know that the a4 will give me a bit more power, but my local scrap yards either do not have any or are asking $75+ for one. So I was wondering if one the cheap ebay sets do or should I just buy the scrap yard one?
    Does anyone else have a monthly budget of 10mm sockets or is it just me?

It's not worth the hassle IMO. The one I got didn't fit to the head very well, and it was made to sit way to close to the A/C lines than I would've liked. I ended up getting an A6 piece.

Keep in mind the A6 has the two pipe collector, so you'll need to get one of those should you choose to go that route. I think the A4 does too.
    My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
    Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
    Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Whatever you do, do not buy any exhaust parts from DNA Motoring lol. Trash.
      Keep Pushing..

Comment

Thanks for your input. Im probably going to grab one from the scrap yard, it will probably be easier. I'll be sure to check the collector before I do anything. Thanks for informing me about that.
        Does anyone else have a monthly budget of 10mm sockets or is it just me?

Comment

Just to confirm, both the A4 (welded tubes) and A6 (cast) exhaust manifolds are a 4-2 design that requires a 2-1 flex pipe (A pipe) instead of the 4-1 A1 manifold with single pipe A pipe. The mounting flange on the A4 and A6 manifolds that mates with the A pipe are identical, so either one can be used (I have an A4 manifold on my A6 with OEM downpipe from an EX). Note also that on the A1, the O2 sensor is mounted at the bottom of the manifold itself; on the A4 and A6 is it mounted in the single collector pipe just ahead of the flex section. I think Jarrett already mentioned in another thread that you will need to extend the harness to reach it. If I am not mistaken, the catalytic converters are also a different length between the A1 and A4/A6. LX/DX is 13" long, EX/SE is 14"; I also don't recall if the difference is made up in the pipes ahead of or behind the cat which can affect how well your exhaust follows the shields under the car.
          Last edited by Fleetw00d; 07-07-2018, 11:39 PM.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

fleetw00d always with the great info!
            Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
            X