No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On another note, I've been contemplating a set of ITR wheels. I can get a set for less than $500 shipped w/ tires. Tires of course will probably be junk.

I like the design I just don't like the color. I want to get a set and have them painted silver. Maybe powdercoated Idk. Whatever reliably changes the color indefinitely.

Like this:

This is a set going for $450.

I think they would make me like the car a lot better and maybe want to spend more time and $ on it.

Comment

I kinda fixed the rear bumper. Used heat and a screw. The bumper is trash. Just trying to make it look better until I can replace it. That and I found an old pair of white CB7TUNER stickers that I put on. This car is not too good looking but I'm going to be working on it. I removed the fabric on the headliner and rear deck. I'm so glad it's gone. Still needs a new headliner and rear deck cover. But it's better than it was.

Comment

If you want color longevity on wheels, get them powder coated. They look really good in gray.
        Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-18-2019, 09:57 PM.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
          If you want color longevity on wheels, get them powder coated. They look really good in gray.
          Thats what I was thinking. I've never had anything powder coated. So it will be new to me.

Comment

I washed it, put about 5 gallons of new fuel in and drove it about 6 or 7 miles. About 5 miles in it started stinking and missing at lower RPM's under acceleration. After about 2200rpm it would clean up. I figured it was from sitting so I drove it hard on the way home. Due to the smell I assumed it was old fuel. It never cleaned up.

I didn't set the ignition timing (that I recall) when I installed the rebuilt distributor. So I got the timing light out and jumped the blue connector. It was advanced a little. However the red mark jumps around quite a bit. CEL on with the connector jumped and idle at 850rpm. It's been a long time since I've worked on these. I'm going to have to figure this out.

I'm thinking I might try a new dizzy. I think the igniter might be junk. It's always had a slight stumble from a dead stop down low.

I might also run some fuel system cleaner through it. No coolant leaks though. So that's good.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
              Thats what I was thinking. I've never had anything powder coated. So it will be new to me.
              My EX 12 spokes were powder coated (silver everywhere except the face, face cleared) 7 years and 70,000+ miles ago - still look good.

I just had an issue with a bad coil cause ignition problems.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

My EX 12 spokes were powder coated (silver everywhere except the face, face cleared) 7 years and 70,000+ miles ago - still look good.

I just had an issue with a bad coil cause ignition problems.
                Good to note! Do you remember the cost? I would assume at least a couple hundred.

I replaced the factory coil with a Delphi last December. No oil in spark plug wells, NGK wires less than a year old. New plugs, rebuilt dizzy, cap, rotor. I reused the igniter. I think that may have something to do with it. I'm thinking a replacement from RockAuto and changing the fuel filter next weekend.

Comment

The wheels were $125 each to have them redone. RimWorks in Dayton, Ohio.

Comment

I drove it 4 days this week. It still has hesitation down low. I purchased a distributor from RockAuto today. To see if it will clear up. If not then it's probably EGR ports. When I bought the car it needed a new EGR valve. It had a CEL for it as well. So we will see.

I'm also going to replace the fuel filter. I have a new Fram but no copper washers. I need to pick up an assortment of those.

Comment

I think the fuel line uses stainless steel washers at the banjo fitting at the filter and fuel rail.

Comment

I think the fuel line uses stainless steel washers at the banjo fitting at the filter and fuel rail.
                        The Fram had a couple in the box loose (why I lost them) that were copper.

Honestly I dont remember. Good looking out though. We'll see when I check it out!

Comment

New distributor installed. Had to modify the clip for the coil.

I like RockAuto but the stress of knowing if you run into any problems they have their procedures automated and set up to not accept ANY responsibility.

Comment

The distributor connector needed the "T" section inside removed. Not to difficult but took about 10 minutes for me to figure out.

I used the old Standard distributor cap as it was new a year ago and of pretty good quality.

The top of the engine is holding oil well. Now it's just the bottom. It needs a new oil pan gasket and the timing done. Then it should be in tip top shape.

Still driving this every day.

Comment

Getting the ball rolling on this car. It needs quite a bit before the winter season. Hoping to be complete in the next 6 weeks.

I purchased quite a bit for this car.

Since I ran straight water through it to not be environmentally harmful when it had a coolant leak I purchased:

Thermocure Coolant System Rust Remover

And, I don't want to run an old thermostat after flushing.

MotoRad 7242-180 thermostat and Motorad MG83 thermostat gasket.

This should get rid of any rust and debris in the coolant system.

-

I was going to leave the balance shaft belt off however I went ahead and purchased:

Bando TB186 balance shaft belt. As well as Cloyes 95204 balance shaft belt tensioner.

Also, as for timing, I purchased both tensioner springs:

13407-P0A-000
                              14516-P0A-000

And a camshaft seal:

Fel Pro TCS45898 camshaft seal.

-

It needs an oil pan gasket. Got one on the way.

11251-P0A-000

Will be getting a Walker downpipe soon as well. With all three metal gaskets. Haven't purchased this yet.

-

Oil filter:

Denso 1502043

And I will be switching to Amazon Basics 10w30 full synthetic when everything is done.

-

I'm going to document every procedure on YT. Should be fun.

I have A TON of new parts sitting around for this car. I have a super clean OEM power steering pump that I'm going to rebuild on YT.

I will try my best to keep up on here also. But the videos will be out first. It's hard to keep my image hosting accounts straight.

My channel is : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx7...BeHuX87LzYChKA

It's not much now but I have hopes that it will start to improve rapidly. I'm learning.

Comment

I picked up a Walker downpipe today from RockAuto. As well as the necessary gaskets needed.

The OEM oil pan gasket came in also.

Will be going on YT.
                                Last edited by H311RA151N; 10-03-2019, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X