Fuel lines and hoses on and around tank, replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel lines and hoses on and around tank, replacement

I have a fuel leak when the fuel pump is running. The location of which the leak is coming from is behind the plastic cover on the driver side in front of the rear wheel.

When I had my tires put on, knowing about the fuel leak prior of course, I asked them if it was coming from the tank or the lines. I knew it was probably the lines but I wanted someone to look harder than I had. I'm not much into looking directly up into a fuel leak. Gas tends to burn the eyes. Anyhow, they said it's the lines, which I already assumed it was. Not much else to leak only when the fuel pump is running.

So here is my question. I was just looking on Majestic Honda at the diagram. I was under the impression, even though I've dropped fuel tanks on these in the past but I can't remember, that the lines to the tank had ends or permanent fittings on them similar in design to the line coming from the fuel filter going to the fuel rail. "Non serviceable" fuel line so to speak. However, there are clamps and hoses in the diagram! I wasn't aware of that. They look serviceable in the diagrams. And it may just be that I have a hose rotted or a line rusted creating a void in the seal etc.

Am I correct in thinking that I can service or repair these lines without replacing everything all together?

How should I go about this?

Pictures for reference.

I think the only one that is a threaded joint is the supply line (under pressure). Line 24 on the tank has a threaded hole that accepts the nut on the supply line that runs up to the fuel filter (yes, one piece the whole way). I was able to replace the supply line (new from Honda at the time) only on Ruby. I had it as high as I could on jack stands and really needed more room to do it correctly. I was able to 'gently' bend the line to get it in. I think the other two lines, return and vent are just simple clamped hose connections.

I have a complete set of fuel and brake lines in good condition from my wrecked 93 EX (Emmy), but it is not for sale.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Ok, so that gives me a fair chance of being able to repair it. Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope it's the return... If not it sounds like I'm in for something a bit more involved.

Comment

Working...
      X