Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

RPM launch?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AcCoRd91cBsEveN View Post
    Dude what do you race with a heavy ass automatic accord? Cause two stock accords racing ain't a good scene if you ask me.
    To be honest, some good autos will make a 5 speed struggle....ive shut out a modded 5speed with my heavy ass automatic accord...lol just sayin

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

I just don't find anything good on racing an automatic car you can't if the driver is any good at driving (racing) all u gotta do is hit the gas 5 speed you gotta know when to shift what rpm etc, and I mean why race a stock auto your just messing it up unless you have the money to blow and can get a new motor after you blow that one.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
      My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

I just don't find anything good on racing an automatic car you can't if the driver is any good at driving (racing) all u gotta do is hit the gas 5 speed you gotta know when to shift what rpm etc, and I mean why race a stock auto your just messing it up unless you have the money to blow and can get a new motor after you blow that one.
        win is win...but i get what you're saying....it takes skill to win a race

Comment

Originally posted by jmolina View Post
          win is win
          To you guys win is win lol, I just don't see a auto car as racer or say the person driving the autp car is a good driver cause with auto you don't miss gears like the 5speeds a bad driver will miss a gear and that'll be it you losee, and I'm not saying accords are slow cause I seen cb7's out here put in work BUT they are swapped and not auto.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^

Comment

Then why do Drag race cars use autos?
            Because an auto changes gear faster than a human, thats why.

The reason autos are usually slower than 5 speed is exactly that - most autos are 4 speed.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Our automatics are not very performance oriented. They also don't like abuse... so neutral drops WILL kill it fairly quickly. If it has held up for 2 years, then you probably had one of the rare transmissions that was properly cared for, and actually had quite a bit of life left (most experience problems by 150k due to improper maintenance). Good job. You trashed a rare good transmission. Chances are, you have about 6 more months of your current use of it, at best... before a neutral drop causes the inside of the transmission to grenade.

Most performance cars today have automatics (such as the new Lexus IS-F), or automated manuals (Ferrari, Porsche, Nissan GT-R).
              The thing is, most automatics aren't made for performance. A regular car such as the Accord is not designed with the racer in mind. A manual transmission can be used either way, because you have control of the shift points (the only non-performance oriented thing there is the gearing). An automatic can only do what the factory intended, until you mess with the internals and electronic shift points.

When you want to launch your car, do it with one foot on the brake, with the car in D4. Do not drop it from neutral. Do not shift it manually. You will have the best results this way.
              As for the RPM, you'll need to figure that out on your own. The surface you are launching on is a factor. Drag strips have "sticky" launch areas, whereas you'll spin more easily on the street. You want to launch at the highest RPM you can without wheelspin. (keep in mind, even this is hard on the transmission). Your tires will determine how high you can rev. "Regular tires" and "regular tire pressure" mean nothing. Learn about tires. Learn what compound your tires are. I've found that optimum tire pressure for a launch with a standard tire size is about 28psi (the normal pressure is about 32psi). You don't want to let too much air out with a radial tire, because the contact patch will buckle, and you'll be getting traction on your sidewalls... which means you won't be getting traction!

Do yourself a favor. If you're going to continue abusing your automatic transmission, replace the fluid with Red Line synthetic fluid, and add another transmission fluid cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                Then why do Drag race cars use autos?
                Because an auto changes gear faster than a human, thats why.

The reason autos are usually slower than 5 speed is exactly that - most autos are 4 speed.
                my auto gears are really long, especially 3rd...hmmm too long

Comment

Spinning tires is not fast and netural dropping it is not good and I can't belive anyone with any sense thinks this is OK...LOL.....Wow...I wish I see one of my friends do this so I could slap um
                  Only give advice when I know or have done it and it worked

Comment

those autos are mostly muscle cars. the word of the day is torque there.
                    MadLab Racing
                    Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteGhost View Post
                      Spinning tires is not fast and netural dropping it is not good and I can't belive anyone with any sense thinks this is OK...LOL.....Wow...I wish I see one of my friends do this so I could slap um
                      Unfortunately I have seen way too many friends do this I just shake my head knowing that they have no idea what it is to actually work for their car. If they break it mommy and daddy will just buy them another one.

Comment

Originally posted by iamdoby4life View Post
                        i have a 1990 Cb7 stock just with bolt-on's
                        what is the best RPM to launch it at?
                        anyone? ive launched it 5,500rpm and it does wheel spin alot so i know its not that... i dont want to waste my tires trying to find out so someone can you please help me?
                        you my friend need to stop doing this NOW!!!!
                        i don't even drop my clutch at that rpm what are you thinking. 3k is about the highest you need to go maybe bring it up to 4k
                        like deev said since you have been doing this for so long you probably ruined or are ruining one of the good tranny's that is still on the road
                        ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

hand grenade and youve already pulled the pin...... now we step back and wait.

neutral drops FTL.

Official CIVICKILLER's members ride thread! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112829

rock her with the shocker!

Comment

hurr durrr i drive an automatic commuter car and think its fast so i drive it like an idiot.

Comment

Ugh thank guys I'm not the only one that thinks pushing an automatic stock accord or car is not a smart idea.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^

Comment

Working...
                              X