Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Legend front bumper on a cb7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legend front bumper on a cb7?

Went to the junkyard in search of a legend front lip and found a whole front bumper in killer shape. I was wondering if the entire thing would bolt on,i know the lip will but would the bumper itself?
    Follow me on IG to see my builds/pics
    dmfb919

If it bolts on, it won’t fit correctly without considerable modification. The lip doesn’t even fit all that well.

Comment

Im gonna give it a shot on making the whole bumper fit,my buddy said to zip tie it on lol yeah right
      dmfb919

Comment

The plus side is that the Legend bumper is wider if I remember correctly... so fitting it to a narrower vehicle, such as our CBs, is easier than trying to stretch it to fit a wider vehicle. Of course this is all relative.
        Not sure what your plan(s) are for the weird indentation in the top of the bumper where the hood/grille fits... if you get it looking right, post some pics!
        Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Im not sure what I'll do with the gap..guess I'll figure it out once i get it mounted. It's definitely wider,i was just going to widen my fenders a little and roll them so it looks right. Gonna do it with my old junky fenders first so i dont trash a good set lol
          dmfb919

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            The plus side is that the Legend bumper is wider if I remember correctly... so fitting it to a narrower vehicle, such as our CBs, is easier than trying to stretch it to fit a wider vehicle. Of course this is all relative.
            Not sure what your plan(s) are for the weird indentation in the top of the bumper where the hood/grille fits... if you get it looking right, post some pics!
            It is definitely wider for sure. Back when I had the legend 1 pc headlights I noticed that right off the bat.

To the OP you would need to get the CB bumper itself and the you would have to mold the legend bumper cover down just to get that to fit right. And if you could get some legend headlights to go in with it that would be pretty nice to see. Just adding my 2 cents.
            The CB7 Collector.
            Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
            92 LX Coupe F22A1
            2013 Toyota Corolla S
            92 EX Sedan F22A1
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

I've seen people combine CB bumper covers with covers from other cars. One old member, Bille (I believe from Denmark) had a front bumper that was the lower half of a Civic body kit combined with a CB bumper (I don't recall if it was stock or aftermarket.) The end result was fantastic, but the work to make it look that good was probably beyond the abilities of a beginner.
              Side note, I heard a while back that Bille's car has been sent to the junkyard quite some time ago

Comment

I'm gonna try molding it down to fit,i was thinking of doing a light bar behind the grille or under it,depending on how it'll fit. I was gonna try to retain the cb7 headlights,but we'll see how that plays out. It's my first time attempting this so if anyone has some pointers or knows where a write up is,thatd be great
                dmfb919

Comment

I was thinking about doing a whole front end conversion from a Legend, but its too wide as stated, plus the front wheel wells would have looked weird compared to the rear in my opinion. Another thing i was looking at too with the bumper and i lf i remember correctly, it has a niche in it as the hood and grille are one piece on the KA4, so without the whole front end, i didnt think it would look good, but again, i was just envisioning it in my mind, so who knows. It would be interesting to see nonetheless.

Comment

Could be an interesting way to make a DIY widebody kit...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Could be an interesting way to make a DIY widebody kit...
                      That seems to be the route I'm going i suppose lol gotta roll amd stretch the fenders out in the front a little..i have no idea what I'm gonna do on the back fenders and doors to make it look right though..i guess find some flares that i can cut up and piece together so it can be as wide as the front..then find wide enough tires to make it look right...definitely trying all this on my 91 first though,once i kinda get it how i want it,gonna do it the right way to my 92.
                      dmfb919

Comment

Ever consider a Vigor front?

A Acura Vigor or JDM Ascot, Inspire front bumper would probably be easier to mold onto the car. I had one a long time ago and it just comes up short meeting our fenders on both ends. You can even use the CB7 front bumper support but some of the holes don't line up but can be drilled in if you want. I wish I could find the pictures as I have them somewhere... maybe still on my iphone 3GS or photobucket lol.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                        JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                        1994 Prelude V-Tec
                        1999 CL 3.0
                        2000 Prelude
                        2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                        1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                        1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                        1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

just buy a body kit and call it a day--not sure if you have the body skills to get it accomplished if asking on the forum lol

Comment

I agree. Buy a body kit instead.

Comment

Working...
                            X