EXT: Add an OEM look to your Ebay Red/Clear Tails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: Add an OEM look to your Ebay Red/Clear Tails

When my ebay red/clears arrived in the mail, I could not wait to take out my tezzas and put the new red/clear's in. I was very pleased with the lights, but there was something about them that bothered me. Where the Red and Clear would meet, the lights had a "pink" look too them. I was then talking to AccordWarrior and he gave me the idea of somehow blacking out this area to give them a more OEM type look.

I took out the masking tape and bought myself some Black Krylon Fusion paint (You know, that stuff made fro plastics). I then painted a nice straight (about 1/4 inch) black stripe over the red/clear transition area.

Here is a pic of the lights before this DIY...

Here are a couple pis of the finished product..

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Reminds me of the 86-89 Accord tails with the black divider. It certainly looks better than the pink area you describe which can be seen on the outside light.

Since there's not a two thumbs up smiley, I'll give you two singles:
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

wow that came out great.
      Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Curious have you had any leaking so far in your trunk lights yet? i have sealed mine about 3 times and i get small leaks and it gets bad when it storms hard

Comment

No, I have had them installed about 6 months and nothing so far

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

I have red/clears too for my 93, and I have had no problems with them. I have had them on the car for over 2 years now.

I got mine via eBay from procarparts.com
            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

not to jack ur pics(added sum of my tails)... but here are the stock oem tails i made.. they have been on the car for about the sum time..(in all FL shity weather too). the car dirty(im to lazy to get the good pics hosted)

86 nissan 200sx turbo

Comment

nice job on the tails guys... looks really pro.

Comment

i left mine jdm amber
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by RollingStock
                    not to jack ur pics(added sum of my tails)... but here are the stock oem tails i made.. they have been on the car for about the sum time..(in all FL shity weather too). the car dirty(im to lazy to get the good pics hosted)

hey i like how thos tailights turned out on your car man nice..

COBALT CB7 2NER
                    <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

do the 4 door lights fit i a 2 door cuz on ebay it says the red/clears are 4 door only
                      www.2camcrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by jdmkid
                        do the 4 door lights fit i a 2 door cuz on ebay it says the red/clears are 4 door only
                        90/91 tail lights are the exact same for both coupe and sedan
                        92/93 is the problem

Comment

Originally posted by brownaznkid
                          92/93 is the problem

Hey now, our cars aren't problems, their challenges.

-Jay

-Jay
                          Former '92 LX 5-Speed Coupe Owner
                          I will have another CB7 one day!
                          Kenwood|Audiopipe|Kicker| DROK

Comment

I love how that turned out, it gave them a great look

i love 90-91 tails. mine have that little black thing in there, unlike the 92-93 tails..

i'm going to smoke the rear turnsignals soon, so they'll be black soon.....
                            --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Originally posted by dwf137
                              I love how that turned out, it gave them a great look

i love 90-91 tails. mine have that little black thing in there, unlike the 92-93 tails..

i'm going to smoke the rear turnsignals soon, so they'll be black soon.....
                              Let me know if you want help doing this, I had these done a long time ago before I got red/clears

Comment

Working...
                              X