Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: SideMarkers***No Cutting Required***

EXT: SideMarkers***No Cutting Required***

This DIY is for those who do not have the ability or the tools necessary to cut holes in your fender for sidemarkers.

I decided to do this DIY because I had some S2000 amber sidemarkers with the tabs broken on them and also because i dont have a dremel to cut holes on my fenders. This is just temporary, I already have OEM CB7 amber sidemarkers waiting to be installed once I get a new paint job, but for now this DIY will do.

Materials needed:

Sidemarkers of your choice

Some kind of strong Epoxy Glue or Super Glue what ever you want to use

Something to sand the back side of them flush.

Some kind of cutting utensil like scissors or sharp pliers

Step 1: Start cutting away the back side of the Sidemarker with your cutting utensil. Be careful not to cut into the sidemarker too much because you can easily break the Lens.

Step 2: With your sanding utensil start sanding the backside of the sidemarker flush. I did this the ghetto way and sanded the backside flush by rubbing it against the rough concrete on the floor.

Step 3: Make sure to sand down until it can sit flush on a flat surface.

Step 4: Mark where you want to install your sidemarkers

Step 5: Mix up your epoxy, i got 5 minute expoxy to give me time to work

Step 6: Put Glue on back of sidemarker, make sure to put glue on every part that will be in contact with the fender

Step 7: Press sidemarker with glue onto location where you want them installed

Step 8: Let them dry and enjoy your new Sidemarkers without cutting up your fenders

Note: I installed mine higher than stock location because thats how i like them, i think the oem location for CB7 sidemarkers is too low, but thats the great thing about this DIY you can install them where ever you want and how ever you think it looks best. Enjoy some pics of them on my car

Cool idea

Shame they dont light up but still good like you said for those wanting the look without the cutting

8 Accords so far:
    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Kind of neat. One could drill a hole just large enough for the wires to go through.

Comment

THanks guys, now that I look at it I should have put them a bit lower but oh well this is just temporary until I install my oem cb ones

Comment

This is a damn good idea actually and i like the idea of cutting a hole just big enough to wire them up.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

nice job. i like them higher up also.
            "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Nice DIY bro i see the CB7 is out too, looks clean!
              1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
              For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Non-Functional?

I don't see the point unless they light up. What's next, painted on JDM 1-piecers? an interfooler? vatozone hood scoop!?........

Don't get me wrong, it does look alright. It was done well.. And this would be a great way for a lot of guys to have sidemarkers that can't find OEM ones...but i would highly recommend actually wiring them up. And if you're already gonna take the fender off to drill into them and wire them up, you may as well use a complete sidemarker and cut the appropriate shape into the fender to accommodate them.

I don't want to come in here just to shit on this DIY... It is done very well and if you follow the instructions, you should be successful. I just think it'll look funny when you flip the blinkers on and the sidemarkers stay un-lit...

BTW your CB looks awesome, SNOOZE.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
                  Non-Functional?

I don't see the point unless they light up. What's next, painted on JDM 1-piecers? an interfooler? vatozone hood scoop!?........

Don't get me wrong, it does look alright. It was done well.. And this would be a great way for a lot of guys to have sidemarkers that can't find OEM ones...but i would highly recommend actually wiring them up. And if you're already gonna take the fender off to drill into them and wire them up, you may as well use a complete sidemarker and cut the appropriate shape into the fender to accommodate them.

I don't want to come in here just to shit on this DIY... It is done very well and if you follow the instructions, you should be successful. I just think it'll look funny when you flip the blinkers on and the sidemarkers stay un-lit...

BTW your CB looks awesome, SNOOZE.
                  Thanks man, yeah it's just temporary for now, this DIY is for people who want the JDM Sidemarker look but don't have the skill or tools to wire them up or cut the holes. Also the sidemarkers where broken so I figured I'd put them to good use temporarily until I get a paint job

Comment

Great idea! Now I want to find a set, I'd be a LOT more comfortable drilling a hole in my fender for the wires rather than cutting my fender.

Comment

is this a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by zack_odom View Post
                        is this a joke?
                        Its temporary dude, relax
                        Last edited by SNOOZE; 03-23-2012, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                          Kind of neat. One could drill a hole just large enough for the wires to go through.
                          This.

And I like this idea alot. This is actually probably how I'd install a set if I had some.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                            i was thinking the same thing. on my last cb9 i ran those flushed cd sir markers and both sides were a tade crooked trying to dremel the box as we call it. doing a hole though you can control the straightness and i would use 100% clear silocone instead. F YA!!! im gonna start looking at my markers to see if i can flush them without ruining the pigtail mount. my bro inlaw is a carpenter so huge assortment of sanding stuff. F YA!!!!!!!!!! nice thread bro.
                            (sold to h22wagon93, granite cb7 $1000.00) and c91bse7 cash with trade, jdmfreak, thanks guys!

Comment

damn my markers are the stanley 4005 not as easy of a diy for me, i must think this one thru.
                              (sold to h22wagon93, granite cb7 $1000.00) and c91bse7 cash with trade, jdmfreak, thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X