Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

CyborgGT: Mild H22A Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Eventually I'll be experimenting with an RBC manifold, so I needed the clearance.

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
    The Wiseco pistons work with FRM sleeves or are you doing aftermarket sleeves also? I seen "resleeve" but I am just curious if that was aftermarket or new oem sleeves.
    Can you even get new FRM sleeves?

One of my stock sleeves is scratched, so i have no choice but to re-sleeve. At least now I can easily boost if I ever want to.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-09-2018, 03:06 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

From what I understand the way the stock sleeves are made you can't press new ones in. Seems like the block is formed around the original sleeves. At least from what my machinists told me when they resleeved my block.

I'm also wanting to experiment with some K series intakes on the F/H engines, the reason why I've already picked up my ESP.net rear T bracket.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
        ^ Eventually I'll be experimenting with an RBC manifold, so I needed the clearance.

Can you even get new FRM sleeves?

They'll be iron. One of my stock sleeves is scratched, so i have no choice but to re-sleeve. At least now I can easily boost if I ever want to.
        I wasn't sure honestly, FRM is a bit of a mystery to me coming from K-series and B-series.

Comment

Part of me is disappointed I can't salvage the FRMs, because for one they're a conversation piece with other car nerds; and two, except for that one scratch, my cylinders are all still like glass. The gloss in there seems unreal for a used engine.

The 11.1:1 of the Type S pistons isn't enough, though, and the Mahles don't have too great a reputation for longevity.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

You should be able to resleeve

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Picked up some small things I forgot about along the way. 70mm aluminum tubing to make a custom intake, and a length of 2.5"OD/16ga 409 stainless to work with that U-J I got a while back in perfecting fitment in the first half of the exhaust system. The aluminum came with some random washers. Maybe I'll do them up all sparkly and make necklace charms .

Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-27-2017, 06:54 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

And actually, I still need a head gasket. When I picked up my top-end gasket set way back when I started this, I ordered one for a '97 (because that's what year my engine appears to be) before I cracked open the engine, not realizing that in Japan they hung on to the closed-deck block while the American H22A4 went open-deck.

The problem is that 4th-gen Prelude H22 head gaskets are discontinued at Majestic. Have any of you used one of the brands at Rock Auto (Fel-Pro, ITM Engine Components, Apex, AJUSA, Mahle Original/Victor Reinz) with reliable results? With my build being pretty mild, I don't really need the strength of the expensive Cometic, but I'll get it if I have to.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I would probably go Fel-Pro. Their parent company, Federal Mogul, is pretty renown. Use some copper spray and you should be good to go for some years.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Thanks. RA's got that one on closeout right now, too!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Random, but the tuner I'll be using has started YouTubing, and putting out more content recently...

Last edited by CyborgGT; 11-12-2017, 06:12 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I see nothing here
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Not sure what you mean there...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Not sure what you mean there...
                            Did you post a video of your tuner? All I see is you stating your turner has a youtube channel
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Oh yeah, haha. Weird, it was working yesterday, and when I was on my phone for that post, it showed the box reminding me to install the plug-in. Now that I'm on my laptop, it's appearing intermittently.

YouTuber PFI Speed. That specific video of him working with a customer's Civic:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CauqmCrvF8

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Oh yeah, haha. Weird, it was working yesterday, and when I was on my phone for that post, it showed the box reminding me to install the plug-in. Now that I'm on my laptop, it's appearing intermittently.

YouTuber PFI Speed. That specific video of him working with a customer's Civic:
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CauqmCrvF8
                                Brent is awesome! I watched him help out the boostedboi's builds and tune their cars. I wish I had a badass down to earth tuner shop in town, just started following PFI about a few weeks ago on youtube. Cant wait to see how your build comes along. The boostedboi's got up over 700hp on their boosted h22 mini van build, nuts.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Working...
                                X