Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: Wheel Caps

Originally posted by Type Ek
    I just made some caps for my 16' konig Heliums that will probably work for many other rims/sizes. I got the idea off of another message board.

1. Take a trip to Home Depot and buy "Knock Out" Plugs. They range from 1/2 inch to 2 inches. I used a 2 inch plug. They were 0.70 cents a piece so I bought eight.

2. Spray paint them or get them powder coated. I got all 8 of mine powder coated for $20.

3. Bent the little tabs on the back out so they will stick when you insert them into the rim.

4. Insert them into the center cap area of the rim and enjoy.

This is a decent, custom looking center cap that is very inexpensive to make. I have had mine on for 4 weeks and they havent fallen out or caused me any problems. You can also get some vinyl "H" or "A" decals to put in the middle of these caps or you can leave them plain and simple like it did. Now for the pics...

The "Knock Out" plug right after powder coating...(Semi Gloss Black)

The picture of the back of the cap.

Side view of plug.

Another Side View.

Final shot of the new center caps and some semi gloss black lugs.

I also decided to get some anodized black zenki valve stems but didn't want them to fade so I also got them powder coated semi gloss black when I got the caps and lugs powder coated. They came out very nice.

Installed them...

Pictures on the ride...

Here is all the other caps I tried but didn't work...They are all for sale as well...

A final shot on the ride.

Any question, comments, or concerns you can pm me!
    :thumbup: ? :thumbdown: ?

Modified by Type Ek at 2:12 PM 10/11/2006
    got this from honda-tech

enjoy!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by npor; 12-17-2006, 07:40 PM.

Comment

looks really good.

Comment

im gonna try these out thanks wilsonj

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
        "2SIIC"
        Authentic Jerseys for sale
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

thats going on my Lowes list! (along with garage door stripping, my car needs a lip!)

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by npor
            AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
            glad you enjoyed it, but how ahah you have the stock wheels.

;p
            no more trying to find some caps for our cb7s :P
            Last edited by ikayto; 12-19-2006, 05:55 AM.

Comment

i went to home depot, lowes, and do it best, and none of them had anything over an inch and a half. darn, i was hopin to have some chrome caps. i guess ill just keep looking.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                i went to home depot, lowes, and do it best, and none of them had anything over an inch and a half. darn, i was hopin to have some chrome caps. i guess ill just keep looking.
                hmmm that's odd, i'll ask the guy on honda-tech where exactly. Maybe ace hardware or some place online

*shrug

Comment

woll those honda cap you have fit in my 7 spoke honda rims little hole so i dont have to put thae big lugnut cover u know what im talking bout?

Comment

yea the center cap that covers the small hole between the lug nuts.

i talked to guy and he said any hardware store should have them.

maybe its varies from place to place

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto
                      glad you enjoyed it, but how ahah you have the stock wheels.

;p
                      no more trying to find some caps for our cb7s :P

why am i excited?

pssh. just because I haven't updated my members ride in a while doesn't mean anything.

Comment

Originally posted by npor
                        why am i excited?

pssh. just because I haven't updated my members ride in a while doesn't mean anything.

nice!

Comment

Working...
                        X