X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM one piece headlights 90-91 or 92-93

Hi,
    I am looking at buying some one piece JDM headlights for my 93 accord. Can anyone tell me if these are the 90-91 or 92-92 headlights. Its hard for me to tell what year they are. I dont see any chrome trimming. Also, has anyone bought these off this seller? Just want to know if the seller is worth buying from.

Here is the link to the ebay sellers headlight, check it out. JDM headlights

-Retzius

Sup man,

Those are JDM 92-93s You can tell by looking at the inner portion where it will meets the grille there's a slant. JDM 90-91's have a just flat up and down where it meets the grille. Another way to tell is that 90-91's usually have a chrome trim around them. It's been proven that some JDM 92-93's have this as well but it's rare to find and the difference still can be distinguished by the curved portion.
    I need a custom turbo manifold built....
    707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
    "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

^^Bah! beat me to it by mere minutes. I, however, concur: 92-93s due to the low angle.
      Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
      2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
      2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Hey thanks alot guys, I am actually looking for the 92-93 headlights. Do you think I should buy? I want to send them to accord inspire so he can black house them and fix em up.

One more thing, they should install fine with my USDM bumper right?
        Thanks

Comment

The lights are interchangable; the bumpers should make no difference.
          Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
          2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
          2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
          2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Thanks Accordianate thats good to know. Now I have to search for how to wire these things.

Comment

how much do they cost
              我愛我的本田

Comment

I believe about 210 shipped. I dont know if they include the wiring harness.

Comment

rickyduckworth do you know or (anyone) a supplier that sells them with the H4/H1 plugs and rubber boots? I dont think these lights come with that. I emailed the seller and am waiting for response. If not does anyone know where I can buy the rubber boots. I read that the plugs are easy to find, any auto parts store will work but the boots are a different story. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                    just do like everyone else.........shop around........
                    Yeah, I am afraid I am going to have to do that. It would be nice to find the setup complete.

Comment

that seller is amazing, the ones i got from him were absolutely flawless. came with rubber boots, bulbs, and most of the connectors... got new ones from autozone anyway
                      Last edited by cp[mike]; 12-07-2005, 07:22 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by [mike]
                        that seller is amazing, the ones i got from him were absolutely flawless. came with rubber boots, bulbs, and most of the connectors... got new ones from autozone anyway
                        Holy crap, Mike are you serious? If so then I am going to have to buy them. Though it doesnt state whether these items are included.

Comment

Originally posted by Retzius
                          Holy crap, Mike are you serious? If so then I am going to have to buy them. Though it doesnt state whether these items are included.
                          yes, serious, make sure he confirms that what you need are included, but yes, hes a great seller. i bought his first listing he had, then after i won i noticed a few more pop up with the same image... got me scared, i wanted to make sure the ones i was getting were as clean as the pic he used. he assured me that every pair he sells is super clean (at least the lense... the back has some dirt) and that i will be happy... sure enough, set came and they are beautiful. im even looking for clear headlight covers to protect them... lol... i have them sitting on the shelf wrapped in towels.

btw if you get a set missing the rubber boots, the boots from the USDM 5th gen ludes work fine. look different, but fit perfect. and available from the dealer.

dont worry if you miss that auction, he always has a few more going. ive been watching him for a couple months now, and always has like 3... wait till you get a response from him then go for it, if you dont mind the price.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by [mike]
                            yes, serious, make sure he confirms that what you need are included, but yes, hes a great seller. i bought his first listing he had, then after i won i noticed a few more pop up with the same image... got me scared, i wanted to make sure the ones i was getting were as clean as the pic he used. he assured me that every pair he sells is super clean (at least the lense... the back has some dirt) and that i will be happy... sure enough, set came and they are beautiful. im even looking for clear headlight covers to protect them... lol... i have them sitting on the shelf wrapped in towels.

btw if you get a set missing the rubber boots, the boots from the USDM 5th gen ludes work fine. look different, but fit perfect. and available from the dealer.

dont worry if you miss that auction, he always has a few more going. ive been watching him for a couple months now, and always has like 3... wait till you get a response from him then go for it, if you dont mind the price.
                            Thanks a bunch mike, you just alleviated all my worries with this seller. I too was skeptical b/c he used the same pic's for many sales but the lights look flawless from looking at the pic (above). I am going to wait for his response. Just out of curiosity do you know how much the prelude boots run for at the dealership?

Comment

Originally posted by Retzius
                              Hi,
                              I am looking at buying some one piece JDM headlights for my 93 accord. Can anyone tell me if these are the 90-91 or 92-92 headlights. Its hard for me to tell what year they are. I dont see any chrome trimming. Also, has anyone bought these off this seller? Just want to know if the seller is worth buying from.

Here is the link to the ebay sellers headlight, check it out. JDM headlights

-Retzius
                              not understanding why no one put a link to the jdm headlight faq:
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=6041

in any event, the question's been answered...

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Working...
                              X