Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

back in a 4th gen (wagon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back in a 4th gen (wagon)

Hello everyone, my name is Eric and i'm a longish time member/lurker, first time poster. I had a "whackcb7" haha that had been wrecked and I got for like 100 bucks back in 2008 when I joined this site. even so I always was impressed with how the car drove and was reliable but It was a cheap car and I didn't have much money to fix it up. Had other car projects along the way but I was looking for a reliable car to be my daily again. after having several other brand wagons since then I thought an accord wagon would be a perfect option. so I found this one near me for cheap and I scooped it up this weekend.

its pretty grandma status, but that's what I wanted. I don't think its been modified at all . even still has the factory radio. and power antenna still works lol. so I before i got this one I bought a 93 ex manual sedan for parts cuz I wanted a manual wagon. had my eye on another wagon before this one that would basically need donor parts. well I stumbled on this wagon after I already bought the sedan and so basically I stripped it out and I'm kinda on the fence on what I want to do. I have a brand new complete aftermarket exhaust and some coilovers that came with the sedan. I was able to help a coworker with the engine it came with to basically make my money back on the sedan purchase plus I have a complete manual trans swap parts.

I had to repair the transmission mount as the bolt was broken that mounts ot the frame so I had to cut it off and fix it and weld it back together. I just got it yesterday so I still haven't confirmed whether or not the overall condition of the engine is actually good. it does need a thermostat and oil change but that's not a big deal. hopefully nothing else is wrong. anyways I'm rambling but I was hoping to get on here to see if anyone wants a ex shell for parts of off it. I'm located near Cincinnati ohio. heres the sedan

Last edited by whackcb7; 09-20-2019, 02:55 PM.

Holy Huge Pictures!
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
      Holy Huge Pictures!
      HAHA oops. I fixed them. I'm used to another message board that kinda auto corrects the size from my normal links.

so update, the tires are 11 years old on the wagon, ouch. its got a fuel leak not sure where yet by the tank left rear. the exhaust is falling off the car. still need to do thermostat/oil change which I will tomorrow morning along with a new exhaust setup I'm gonna weld up. gonna swap the wheels and tires from the sedan and maybe the coilovers then see what else might come up haha. wish me luck.

Comment

well that was an eventful weekend. fabricated the exhaust. swapped coilovers and wheels and tires. did an oil change and the thermostat. found my coolant temp gauge wire was loose making me think the car wasn't warming up after I did the thermostat. fixed that. found that the fuel leak is probably the stupid rusty lines under that cover , gonna probably have to drop the tank on both cars and make the best of both I dunno yet. found the rf upper ball joint is jacked and the rf hub has a stripped stud and the front brakes need replaced too. sounds par for the course. overall though not bad thankfully parts are cheap.

Comment

so another weekend of work on this thing. so I fixed the fuel leak by the tank, had to drop the tank down, I used a spare front fuel hose, cut off the crimped part so it was a 90 degree banjo bolt hard line. slipped on some efi hose and clamped it. then replaced all other rusty hard lines with fresh rubber with efi rated hose clamps, before it had the worm gear style not rated for that pressure. I also marked a spot on the inside as a template to cut out if I ever need to replace fuel pump cuz I am not dropping a tank again lol.

next I moved on to the front to do brakes. what a nightmare that was. I got the axle nuts off no problem thankfully. then I moved to the 4 rotor bolts, stripped out 3 of them, had to buy a tool kit to get them out. then I got wise and borrowed my neighbors impact and bought a set of impact sockets and the rest either broke off In the old rotor or came out. thankfully later I used the impact to remove the parts cars bolts and was able to use those when reinstalling. I replaced rotors pads and wheel bearings .I replaced a bad sway bar link and both side upper control arms. also swapped the main relay while i was at it.

all was going well until I was tightening the wheels up, the one stud that was stripped I had pulled off the parts car but that apparently didn't work very well cuz now it free spins with the lug nut still on...greattt, and to make matters worse another one decided to strip when tightening it on the same hub...just my luck.

but wait, theres more! so after all that I was dead tired and decided that I will deal with that later and just see how it drives now since this is the first time since all my repairs to test drive. well lo and behold i back it out, brakes feel good, nothing seems out of the ordinary, and i go to shift in to drive and go. the car feels like the torque converter is slipping like its completely gone. I'm manually shifting thru all the gears to see if i can make a difference and its got nothing. limp it around the block and park it and scratch my head. i just drove it like 30 miles no problem with the trans when i bought it. shifted fine, power delivery was good. i noticed the d4 light was always illuminated, something that was not there when i drove it home. so i tried checking codes, and it didn't flash at all. unplugged the trans control unit and it cleared the light out. haven't driven it since but I'm basically preparing to to my manual swap because i cant keep unplugging the control unit everytime it acts up. secretly i don't want an auto anyway so i guess it works out somewhat but still, that's annoying.

so next on the list. outer tie rods as they are shot. fix those stupid lug studs hopefully without buying a new hub. I may do lower ball joints as well so i don't have to touch the suspension ever again lol. then probably manual swap. then new speakers all around. and finish my rear strut bar install then id be good to drive wherever i wanted i think.

Comment

So another update. auto transmission is out, manual transmission is in. new clutch/flywheel. new ds axle. still needs a few things. new stainless 3an braided clutch line is done, axles, shifter, pedals are swapped. tie rods fixed. lug studs fixed. need to modify my trans mount. I made a hybrid out of the manual and auto mounts while keeping the auto bracket on the frame rail. first attempt sits about and inch too low on that side that I didn't notice until I had the car level to fill the trans fluid up. nothing I cant fix just annoying lol. gotta bleed the clutch, and then im gonna bite the bullet while I'm at it and swap trailing arms etc to have disc brakes on the wagon. then hopefully I'm good to go and can fix other items as I daily it.

Comment

Very nice grab. I still have a soft spot for these, and in a manual, I'd have so much fun.
              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Thanks, I love wagons over sedans on like all cars so I'm glad to have it and to make it manual as well. been awhile since Ive had anything fwd though so itll be strange at first haha.

so this weekend I didn't have as much time with the car as id like but I managed to bleed the clutch and shorten the trans mount to be a lot better position. reinstalled the battery and air box, noticed a slight coolant leak I didn't expect from the iac so I fixed that real quick. may swap the air box out for my aem filter I have laying around, not sure yet.

so last things on my list is to do a lot of interior related items: clutch switches wiring, cluster swap, reverse lights wiring. . then ill do the trailing arm swap with discs and I think ill be ready to drive it so hopefully that happens this week so its done and ready to go, we shall see.

Comment

so wired the clutch switch up. swapped the cluster, wired the reverse lights. swapped trailing arms. bled the brakes. installed all the interior bits. test drove it. found out my speed sensor on the manual trans was bad. swapped it for the automatics speed sensor and its working fine now. looks like other than cruise control everything is working as it should. exhaust can be LOUD if I step on it. I may get or make a silencer as I have a heavy foot but I don't want to wake up my neighbors lol.

so next up is stereo upgrade and get cruise working and see what needs attention on the suspension before I get an alignment and whatever else may come up as I drive it but so far so good.

Comment

back in a 4th gen wagon

Been driving the wagon here and there and it starts and runs like a champ. The motor is like a sewing machine and is so quiet i constantly think it stalled when im at a light. Little things are popping up here and there that need attention but all pretty simple. This thing is so fun to drive I cant wait to see toplessexpats car on here

Comment

Working...
                    X