Rilas : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
    this car is super nice. awesome attention to detail on this thing man. its cool you and your son can work on this together too.
    Thanks for the compliment J-specCb4, means a lot coming from an original member. Especially since yours is one of the nicest on here. I haven't read all of your thread yet but yours is a beauty.

While I can't work on my car with my son yet hopefully soon. He's only 14 months right now. But he does spend time out in the garage with me in either his hi-chair or a pack-n-play. I usually give him some combination wrench's and a rachet. He absolutely loves it! His favorite thing though must be the steering wheel, when he gets to stand in the front seat.

Although in a few years I want to buy him a 5th gen OBDI and start building it up over the years, so he can have a nice reliable car to drive when it comes that time.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
      hmmm the way ST said to put the sway bar end links is weird. It just looks to unsafe with out the spacer and other washers.

I installed the rear Ultra Racing strut bar with my wagon compartment too. Your install looks clean. did you have to cut more to slide the bar through?

I tried to do it as clean as possible but yours looks better.
      So I tried to cut circles but I didn't have the right blade for it. After cutting out my holes for the bar, I cut straight forward to the front of the covers. Here is a picture with a circle around the small cut that you can see. As I was installing them I just bent the panel around the bar till it's cut opening was around the bar. Now that I have some template, I'm going to pickup another pair at the junkyard and cut them with a hole saw for nice round holes. My covers have some stains on them that won't come out of the tan. So I need a new pair anyway.

Cut Panels for Ultra Racing Bar

Yeah the ST mounted a little weird but the little driving I've done I haven't noticed anything odd about it yet. Feels tight. I'll have a better review once it's got plates and insurance.
      Last edited by Rilas; 08-06-2015, 07:53 PM.

Comment

If you can't find panels as nice as your current ones, how about using a dremel with a rotozip bit to enlarge the opening slightly to a perfect circle? I used a rotozip bit to cut my holes and it worked really well. I don't think the circle would be that much bigger or that obnoxious IMO.

Comment

Thats not a bad idea at all. Although I found out I need to get a need passenger side panel anyway. My current one is for abs, I need a non abs panel to fit the wagon storage compartment on that side. I could trim it out, but that wouldn't be as neat.

Comment

After a very busy weekend I actually have a garage that is clean, and other projects can get done it. It took most of the weekend to clean up the mess from Lola, and get everything organized. I'm happy to say that at least this stage of the build is more or less complete. I'm still waiting on a few misc clips, and other things from the Honda dealer.

Comment

Well after no updates for awhile I actually worked on something for Lola for a little bit. This past weekend I had to go to a wedding out of town. So I packed up my tools, along with the family and made a stop at a large junkyard along the way, you pick type.

While wandering the yard looking for Honda/Acura's I found one of the mythical unicorns of the 4th Gen Accord. A 1991 Honda Accord Phoenix Red DX Coupe! Someone had already gotten into it a little bit. But after scrounging around in it for a few minutes I found only the drivers scuff plate and one of the rear seatbelts were the only things taken. I spent about half an hour pulling all the rest of the trim out of the car, with the exception of the center console, e-brake lever, e-brake trim, and front seat belts (they are auto belts won't work in the SE.)

I also happened upon a 1999 Acura CL 3.0 Premium with Charcoal Grey leather interior, the front seats were in good condition for the age. The drivers side has only 1 rip in the front edge of the lower cushion. While the passenger side has some hard spots in it. I have some Leatherique I'm going to start working into it soon. This should soften it up in a few applications. I also got the top half of the back seat, the bottom was already gone . I do have a backseat set from a 2001 Honda Accord Coupe that is Charcoal Grey as well or maybe a touch lighter. Either way I'm going to see it I can get it to work for the time being until I can find a CL bottom.

After much driving yesterday in the morning to get home, having to work in the afternoon, and working on getting the trim into Lola for all the whee hours of the night into the morning I'm exhausted. I only took 1 picture of the progress so far, but more to come for sure.

Rear Passenger Side Trim Full Assembled

I'm not sure if I should go with the black or tan storage pocket. I do like the contrasting colors though. Should look great once the CL leathers are in there with all the trim.

Comment

I managed to get some more of the interior swapped out last night. I should get most of the wrapped up in the next day or two. Slow progress due to all the trimming that needed to be done to get the leather inserts into the panels, as well as the seatbelt guide in the side covers. Not to mention redoing the trunk covers again. Also since the rear interior was out I took the time to vacuum and clean the area. There wasn't too much under the seat more or less just dirt and debris.

Side Lining Final (Need to pull it out one last time so I can swap out the seat belt to black.)

Trunk Side Lining (Much cleaner install this time around.)

Trunk Side Lining Passenger Side

Trunk Side Lining Driver Side

Drivers Side Rear Panels

Comment

For the time being I'm done working on the back seat area. I do have a some drilling and tapping to finish up tonight, but otherwise it's done for now. I went with the '93 coupe rear seat bottom for now. I am actively trying to find the bottom half of a charcoal black rear seat from a 97-99 CL.

As you can see below the 6th gen coupe rear seat bottom is a little too small as well as not having enough height to it, to seat properly in our chasis. I was debating making it work for the time being anyway. Seeing as how it's going to be temporary until I can find a CL bottom I just skipped the effort and trouble and reinstalled the '93 rear seat bottom.

Test Fit of 6th Gen Coupe Rear Seat 1

Test Fit of 6th Gen Coupe Rear Seat 2

Test Fit of 6th Gen Coupe Rear Seat 3

Rear Seat with Accord Bottom 1 (The seat sections aren't bolted down right now, the gaps close up when it's bolted down.)

Rear Seat with Accord Bottom 2

Rear Seat with Accord Bottom 3

Eventually I will dye the carpet black. This will help offset the tan better, right now there is so much tan that I don't think it looks quite right yet. Also having the bottom half of the back seat matching colors would go a long way in helping this as well.

Comment

That's a beautiful Priest M7!
                    Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Denmark View Post
                      That's a beautiful Priest M7!
                      Yes it is! I think it's cool that in a small city like ours we have some old military equipment around to look at. Even the museum, but I don't remember there being a whole lot in there. It's been a long time since I've visited though.

Comment

On Friday night after work I started a project with Lola. I thought it would be a simple goal install the passenger side door panel. I figured no big deal maybe a few hours and I could have it all wrapped up and installed on the door. Oh how I couldn't have been any more wrong than that.

I'm sure anyone who has attempted this probably was laughing at me after I got the back installed, saying the rest should be easy. You had every right to laugh, as I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

I started with fully disassembling both door panels. After looking at the 2 I knew this was only the start of my problems. The DX panels cloth insert is only above the door handles, while the SE leather insert goes all the way below the door handles. The handles on the DX only go from the middle of the door part way to the front while the SE's go all the way to the front. Also the DX panels have raised area's in them while the SE's do not. After lots of measuring and marking, I was ready to be a surgeon (with a dremel.) After making my initial cuts, and getting farther into this project, I realized some of my first cuts were unnecessary and actually caused some issues down the road. Also the bottom door pockets are in no way even close to the same design. I needed to go with the SE pockets, due to the guy before me in the junkyard breaking off the tabs for the speaker covers on the DX panels. Anyway long story short, there are probably about 10-12 hours of labor into this door panel alone. I plan to make a DIY on the driver door panel, as there were many things I learned I should not have done on the passenger door.

I am happy with the results though, I am probably the only one, if not one of very few that have done this mod. On a difficulty scale it was probably a 6 or a 7. On a pain in the ass scale it was easily a 12!

DX Passenger Door Panel 1 (I still need to get some black speaker cover material, and some black carpet for the door pockets, so for the time being just imagine it looking finished.)

DX Passenger Door Panel 2

DX Passenger Door Panel 3 (So this is my visible mistake for this panel. In the area in the red box I sanded a touch too much with the dremel and the leather insert isn't holding the vinyl tight like everywhere else. The leather inserts actually sit into the door panels except on the bottom edge. It only sits flush there.)

1999 Acura CL 3.0 Premium Passenger Seat

Heated Seat Switch

Over the next week hopefully I can put in the time to get the drivers side door panel finished up. It should actually be easier as the arm rest is much larger to acomodate the window switches and other things it has, meaning it has more area to help hold down the leather insert making what I need to modify easier. Then comes trying to get at least the drivers seat in and moving, I'll get the heaters wired up later.

Comment

I. Dig. That. Interior.

Hey, what does that "Half" button do? I can see the symbol represents an antenna, so I'm guessing you can retract the antenna?
                          Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

I. Dig. That. Interior.

Hey, what does that "Half" button do? I can see the symbol represents an antenna, so I'm guessing you can retract the antenna?
                            It's supposed to pull the antenna back down half way. I got it when I ordered the center console arm rest. Came from Japan with the arm rest. I would like to get it wired up here soon, but it's lower on the priority list. Most likely it will get done when ever I get around to installing the SE spoiler.

Also thanks on the interior man. I always wanted a black interior and this is the only way I could come up with, without using SEM paint. I didn't want to have to touch up stuff all the time as it rubbed off.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                              It's supposed to pull the antenna back down half way. I got it when I ordered the center console arm rest. Came from Japan with the arm rest. I would like to get it wired up here soon, but it's lower on the priority list. Most likely it will get done when ever I get around to installing the SE spoiler.

Also thanks on the interior man. I always wanted a black interior and this is the only way I could come up with, without using SEM paint. I didn't want to have to touch up stuff all the time as it rubbed off.
                              Looking at how much you guys really dig black interiors really made me worship mine. Not leather unfortunately, but it's in mint condition at least, and with red stitching's Damn i love red stitching.

Comment

Looking at how much you guys really dig black interiors really made me worship mine. Not leather unfortunately, but it's in mint condition at least, and with red stitching's Damn i love red stitching.
                                I wish we had colored stitching as options from the factory. All of our stitching is color matched to the interior. I'm actually really happy I found the DX coupe, I'm loving how the two tone is turning out so far. But I really need to get the bottom of the back seat replaced with a CL bottom. Also super jealous that every other country than the US got the nice black interiors on more than just 1 year, 1 trim, sometimes 1 paint color! Consider yourself lucky!

On an unrelated note, I actually found a 1991 SE Sedan with the black leather interior about 2 years ago now. I still have the entire interior sitting in boxes, and the seats in a storage shed. So when I find the right sedan, both of my accords with have the elusive black interiors that we can get in the US. But the sedan will have the 2001 TL leathers I have, full power and heated is better than just black leather. Also the seats are in rough condition, but being so rare I brought them home regardless. $34 for all 4 seats, didn't hurt the wallet that much.
                                Last edited by Rilas; 08-24-2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X