Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loafer987 : 1990 Accord LX

Laird's Black and Chrome Baby

My name is Laird, and this is my pride and joy... Starting to regain the rust I worked so hard to repair 2 years ago but still looks pretty sexy.

Mod List

Engine

H23A Vtec With M2B4 Transmission Finally Swapped!!
    P13 ECU for the time being until I can afford tuning!
    H22A ebay upper header F22A downpipe with custom O2 sensor Flange. (works for now)
    Ebay intake with K&N filter
    Fuel pressure regulator with under hood fuel pressure guage.
    2 1/4 inch custom cat back exhaust with 2 1/4 high flow cat and baffled resonator.
    M2B4 Tranny
    ACT 12lb Lightweight Flywheel
    Exedy Stage 1 F/H22 clutch

Exterior

Rust repair and paint (early 2006)
    18" RSL Ricochet Wheels With nexen N5000 rubber. (cheap tires to be replaced next year)
    Red/Clear tails
    Added Stock CB spoiler (might be SE spoiler but not sure...)
    Clear signals
    Front lip pulled from another junkyard CB. The unknown Lip.
    Tinted rear windows. (don't know the % as previous owner did the tint)

Interior

Very stock yet very clean. (almost 300k miles and I havent seen another local accord with a better interior)
    Original power seatbelts! (Honda canada wont warranty these belts so i hope to hell they last!)

Stereo

Alpine 9887 Imprint Head unit ( best non-DVD head unit I have ever owned)
    Focal Polyglass 165 V2 6 1/2 inch Components Running actively crossed over
    Audison LRX 5.1k Installed and sounds sooo sooo sexy! I love long time!
    Two Alpine Type-S SWS1042D subwoofers in Sealed enclosure.
    Streetwires 1 Farad capacitor (too small for my new amp! need to upgrade alternator and another battery )
    Monster Zero noise 6 channel RCA's
    All speaker wiring in audison connections or Monster 14 guage.

I will be competeing in SQ competitions this coming season so I have alot of stereo ugrades to come soon.

Suspension/Stopping POWA

H&R sport springs 1 3/4" lowering
    Tokico Illumina's all around always set to "4" or "5" just incase I wanna "test" my suspension in daily driving.
    Adjustable front upper ball joints to allow for camber/castor adjustment.
    Rotor-over-hub conversion with rear disc conversion and integra 40/40 proportioning valve (one of best upgrades so far except e-brake sucks bigtime!
    OEM Rotors and Raysbestos pads for time being...

I will try to edit if I can think of anything else. Comments very welcome!
    I really want to thank all the members and mods in this forum. I have never made better use of or just used in general, a better or more informative forum. Please keep the info flowing and I will do everything I can to add my knowledge. I couldn't have done all the things I have to my car without all you guys! Cheers!!
    Last edited by Loafer987; 10-02-2009, 06:04 PM. Reason: Upgrades!!

^Click Me!^

nice looking coupe bro clean

Comment

Nice, very nice my friend.
      accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
      ....................My New Baby
      SOLD TO
      ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Ah, a former cappuccino coupe! I didn't notice it until I saw the dash! She looks nice, even if she's black now! Your amp wiring under the hood is a little messy, but I've seen worse. Keep up the good work!

Comment

I love that interior...so classic
          DEVOTE

Comment

looks really nice!! keep up the good work

Formerly know as accord-racing Jan 06 - Dec 07
            BOUGHT FROM: cb95spd, lildeez07, L3G10N, JARHEAD293, True-BlueCB7, Boost_Lee, djcaz_aom, zmiennik
            SOLD TO: treyd82, Sneakerhead28, BoxMan, civic_90_08, greenmachine9, baracuda, zmiennik

Comment

good looking coupe
              h23a3 lxinks

Comment

Interesting, brown interior. You don't see that often.
                1993 Accord EX
                2011 Subaru STi

Comment

clean and shiny........

more pics....

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Clean i like my friend. i have the same interior with cracked leather seats
                    I'm So JDM My Heart Is On The Right

Cappuccino Member #11
                    G-Square For Sale PM Me.
                    Rear Fog For Sale PM Me.

Comment

it's clean man. nice job. later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

clean as coupe man!
                        Blake.
                        1994 Accord Part out!
                        Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. I still can't decide if I like the stock spoiler or not.

I didnt realize this interior was so rare. I just thought it was an US thing. That interior color doesn't exsist up here. I had to replace my interior door handles with "wine red" handles cause it was the closest to my interior. Looks kinda stupid but the tweeters I put in the door panels didn't do them any justice either. I will probably be converting to tan/black interior sooner or later anyways.

Got my new amplifier on friday. Will post pics soon!

^Click Me!^

Comment

looks like u no alot about sterio and stuff...nice cb by the way...i had a question maybe you might know what it is...i have 350v amp and 1 12 sub mtx...wen i blast the music too loud the radio shuts off n restarts again...not sure what it is...if im running more electricity through the car; for example headlights n fog lights...then the less i can put the volume on the sterio because it wiill shut off...do u think u might no what it is?

Comment

Originally posted by DrSzSoLDIeR View Post
                              looks like u no alot about sterio and stuff...nice cb by the way...i had a question maybe you might know what it is...i have 350v amp and 1 12 sub mtx...wen i blast the music too loud the radio shuts off n restarts again...not sure what it is...if im running more electricity through the car; for example headlights n fog lights...then the less i can put the volume on the sterio because it wiill shut off...do u think u might no what it is?
                              Almost guaranteed to be one of three things.
                              1. check your alternator. Easiest way to check is use a voltmeter at the battery and see if your getting 14-14.4 volts when the car is running at around 1500-2500 rpm.
                              2. check your ground wires. if your deck is shutting off too this probably wont be it just check all the wires that connect the batter/stereo/amp to the body of the car. Wiggle them with your stereo up fairly loud and see if the car runs funny or if your stereo cuts out like usual. Replace and or upgrade every ground wire you can. (search the big three I think is what forum guys call the three imporant ones. Alternator power, engine ground and chassis ground. are what I think are most important.)
                              3. check your battery. without a stable 12.6 volts at the battery theres no way the car will have enough juice. If you test the battery and it only reads around 11 volts you may have a dead cell. (time for a new battery) your car may still turn over and run but stereos can't run with that low of voltage.

Just PM me if your still having isues! Amp pics in a sec!!

^Click Me!^

Comment

Working...
                              X