Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

vemon 400??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you need expensive pads for if your car is still stockish?
    Testing your knowledge and your wits.
    Need 10th anniversary wheel center caps. PM if you have them

Comment

i've actually driven an accord with a venom chip. it did nothing, lol. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Any generic "tune", especially from a company, will only dump more fuel into the engine. More fuel does not equal more power... in fact, LESS fuel usually equals more power, until you go too lean.

Companies like this get away with selling those products because they make good initial power... good low end. The butt-dyno is happy.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Any generic "tune", especially from a company, will only dump more fuel into the engine. More fuel does not equal more power... in fact, LESS fuel usually equals more power, until you go too lean.

Companies like this get away with selling those products because they make good initial power... good low end. The butt-dyno is happy.
          as long as the butt dyno is happy, then the fools who buy the products will be happy.

its like if i opened up a shop and offered a performance mod to some customers, they bring me their car. they leave for an hour, i could just advance the timing and charge them $200 and say their car is faster. lol. they wont know any better because they "feel" the car is faster. they dont know the power band was just moved.

i wouldnt suggest getting the bisi header unless your doing a build on your F series. just getting it to put on your bone stock F22a would be kind of pointless unless you have the money to throw down saying " i have a $1k header on my car."

study up on the N/A builds some have done so far. heres a thread on it:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=118749

these people have put together some nice builds and gotten some good numbers from them. and theres a couple of them that didnt even touch the bottom end and are pushing at or ABOVE H22a swap numbers to the wheels.
          Last edited by Shadow1; 08-27-2009, 08:49 AM.

Comment

$629 header

That's why I'm pushing it now. THIS is the time to get one! You could pay $150 for a leaky Megan Racing header that will give no gains, $400 for a DC Sports header that MIGHT give some gains, or $600 for a Bisimoto header that WILL give gains... and any mod to the motor from that point out will be able to take advantage of it.

Comment

yea i know i got like a bone stock f22a1 but still get parts and add them as i go. i wanna do alot to my car cam, head, header, high comp pistons, crank, and maybe more and if i wanted turbo but i might leave it all motor havent made up my mind.

i agree with deevergote i mean $600 for a header that normally costs $1200 bones. thats a good deal!!!!!!!!!

and the ceramic pads only cost like $40 anyway what the hell its not like im getting hawks!!!!!

and i wanna port and polish my head thats a k alone.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                $629 header

That's why I'm pushing it now. THIS is the time to get one! You could pay $150 for a leaky Megan Racing header that will give no gains, $400 for a DC Sports header that MIGHT give some gains, or $600 for a Bisimoto header that WILL give gains... and any mod to the motor from that point out will be able to take advantage of it.
                yeah. lol. $630 for a header tho. i cant justify spending that much money on a header for a motor i dont plan on trying to get more than 190-200whp out of. if i wanted to build, like an extensive build, then id get one. no problem. but just for something like my DD, lol. no thanx. more power to who ever does get one tho. id like to see the gains from one.

Originally posted by $KAT3R_rc View Post
                and i wanna port and polish my head thats a k alone.
                i dont know where your going to get your head P&P job at. it shouldnt cost no $1k for it. but then again, i live in a low income area so prices down here are lower. lol.

Comment

from right here shadow
                  http://bisimoto.net/store/index.php?...roducts_id=156

Comment

i took off mi FITV and cleaned it and my car still got a idle problem

Comment

Try the IACV next.

And as for the headwork... it's much better to get it done right, even if it costs more. A cheap porter might just hog out the ports... which will actually COST you power! You certainly can't go wrong with Bisimoto, and there are a few others that have good reputations that may be less.

Comment

ok deevergote i will

yeah i agree again with deever might cost alot but i want a good port and polish and sure as hell i dont want to loose power that would be retarded!!!!!

Comment

ok well i didnt even check the IACV but it only does the idle drop about 1 time i dont care about that. i do got a high idle though. and i already adjusted the idle screw on the TB. idles at about 1200 when warm.

Comment

i have a problem i keep getting oil where the spark plug is and already changed the top VC seals. its the bottom seals anit it???

Comment

Originally posted by $KAT3R_rc View Post
                              i have a problem i keep getting oil where the spark plug is and already changed the top VC seals. its the bottom seals anit it???
                              Yep. Thats where mine was and probably 99% of other peoples as well. Most of the time the lowers go without replacing because it requires more work then people want to do to replace them.

Good luck!
                              Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

and to replace them i have to take off rocker arms right? and if i do take those off do i have to adjust the valve clearance? or can i just put the rocker amrs back on?

Comment

Working...
                                X