No announcement yet.

almostJDM : 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, yeah I wouldn't mind lowering mine a tiny bit, no whee near as much as my old 06 but still a tiny bit

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

I have already come up with my plate for the car.... LOLV8, I'm sure that will get the local rednecks going haha

1992 Accord EX Coupe
      My FS Thread
      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Sweet buy! That's a sick car. I love Subarus. That's nice yours comes with all those goodies too!

I was in the same boat too. I was tired of spending money on old crappy cars, so I bought my Civic.

Awesome choice, you're gonna have fun with this beast!

Comment

Thanks, now I just need to get used to the 15-18 less mpg haha

1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread

Comment

Uppipe should be kinda pointless too.

KillerB oil pickup and Kartboy shift bushings should be tops on your list of things to replace. Whatever you do, stay as far away from Mobil 1 as possible. An aftermarket oil pressure gauge also can't hurt. These motors are immensely sensitive to oiling issues.

I believe Annapolis Subaru will take Subaru Bucks for aftermarket parts if you apply for a Subaru Chase credit card.

As has been said, a flash and tune are PLENTY for these cars in the power department. Trust me.

EDIT: Since when did the BBS become optional on the Premium sedan?

Comment

Why stay away from Mobil 1? so I know in 60,000 miles, I have been using Mobil 1 in both my old Subaru and used it in my DOHC F20B, I am letting Subaru do everything for the next 60k, so if anything goes wrong its not on me, also if that's what my wheels are, they are standard on premium cars

1992 Accord EX Coupe
              My FS Thread

Comment

A large number of WRX/STi, but especially WRX bearing failures were due to Mobil 1 5w-30.

It shears down to a 20 weight in 3,000 miles per a lot of UOA reports.

I'd look into either Rotella T 15w-40 diesel oil or the German Castrol Syntec 0w-30. Both seem to work quite well in Subaru turbo motors.

Just be aware the second you change the tune on that motor your dealer will most likely deny coverage on any warranty claim.

Comment

thanks for the info, I had been searching about it, and everyone says the exact same thing, so once I get ready to change the oil I will look into Rotella or German Castrol, thanks for the heads up, if you hadn't said a word I probably would have had a blown engine shortly after my warranty was up, also I wont be touching the car performance wise until Warranty is up, now about looks, and handling that's another story lol but still not for at least 6 months
                  Last edited by almostJDM; 12-21-2012, 05:33 AM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                  My FS Thread

Comment

Understood.

I'd still look into the KillerB oil pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                      Understood.

I'd still look into the KillerB oil pickup.
                      will do , thanks for the advice, looks like I may just have to do that asap, but as per my previous statement, an AP may be in order, currently get around 20mpg avg in town, that's with intelligent mode and center diff fully open, it's been kind of hard finding out what my avg mpg's on the highway are because since I got the car on Saturday its been windy every day, blowing at least 15-20 mph, best I've gotten so far on the HWY is 18.6, but that wasn't in Intelligent mode, so yeah, lets hope it's not too windy during my drive down to my parents, but I have a feeling that a catted or cat less DP, and an AP will be in order lol, along with the killerB pickup
                      Last edited by almostJDM; 12-21-2012, 03:40 AM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                      My FS Thread

Comment

wish I had winter tires already, so I don't have to be afraid of the snow in the car haha, but I have hit a constant 25+mpg now, I got 25.5 on the way down to my parents, and 26.1 on the way back, I think that the 2013 tune is better then the previous GR/GV tunes, I also like being able to stay in 6th the whole time on the interstate and just mashing the gas and going to pass people , rather then having to downshift to 3rd in my old 2.5i to pass anyone, but once the weather gets nice again I will have to take some decent photos

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                        My FS Thread

Comment

Nice Subie man! I feel like I'm liking subaru a little more than Honda now haha...

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                          BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                          Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                          CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Originally posted by AAPOQ View Post
                            Nice Subie man! I feel like I'm liking subaru a little more than Honda now haha...
                            thanks, and yeah I know what you mean, I have a feeling my current cb could be my last if I ever lost the car to a crash, since thats the only way I will ever get rid of it

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                            My FS Thread

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                              wish I had winter tires already, so I don't have to be afraid of the snow in the car haha, but I have hit a constant 25+mpg now, I got 25.5 on the way down to my parents, and 26.1 on the way back, I think that the 2013 tune is better then the previous GR/GV tunes, I also like being able to stay in 6th the whole time on the interstate and just mashing the gas and going to pass people , rather then having to downshift to 3rd in my old 2.5i to pass anyone, but once the weather gets nice again I will have to take some decent photos
                              The stock tires are summer-only still correct? Dunlop SP something something.

The 05-07 BBS will clear the 08+ brakes, so any 5x114.3 winter tire package that will fit an STi will work, you don't need to worry about keeping 18" wheels on it. Just remember the 2004 STi was 5x100.
                              Last edited by AccordWarrior; 12-27-2012, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Congrats.
                                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                                X