Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DBSharp's Turbo Fabrication thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got my block out of the machine shop. Just about had to threaten the machinist cause he is super slow, but he does good work. Time to measure the mains and order the finial motor parts. GET READY!
    spin city

Comment

Good news...I got my pistons back and wiseco sent me the wrong rings..yayay..I sent the rings back...all of my old rings were pretty much gone..hince the smoking
      New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
      tsx retrofit
      f22b dohc boosted
      custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

Originally posted by Gtseviper View Post
        Good news...I got my pistons back and wiseco sent me the wrong rings..yayay..I sent the rings back...all of my old rings were pretty much gone..hince the smoking
        Nice...
        spin city

Comment

More pics! Just cleaned and painted my motor and tranny. I only have pics of the tranny right now.

My 3rd/4th gear synchro hub and my 5th/reverse synchro hub had some wear on them which had caused some binding when shifting hard. I replaced these syncro sleeve and hubs it should shift better now!

My OBX lsd unit is in bad condition after only a year of use. the Belleville washers have worn badly and have gotten jamed in their retainers cracking one retainer. All the gears have wear at the tips and some have small chunks missing. I'm sending this shit back to obx for my lifetime warranty. I am planning on getting a M factory unit and a h22 transmission one day, and ditching this obx crap.

Bearings for my motor and mis motor parts are on the way. I have a new catch can on the way too. I see this car running in early june.
          spin city

Comment

gezzz d...oh well clean that mother....I got the engine to run...I have to check on the map because...it revs good slow..but a fast rev is sluggish between 1-2 grand rpm...If I put it in first and drive off it is sluggish until is passes 1-2 grand point and runs fine
            tsx retrofit
            f22b dohc boosted
            custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

check your timing near the zero vacuum low rpms and check your afrs to make sure that they aren't way the fuck off. your fuel and timing table should extend smoothly to all areas of the map, just good practice. Once, I had fixed a idle recovery problem I had by adjusting part of the map I had no idea was even used.
              spin city

Comment

well I found the problem the h22 map was dumping to much fuel into the chambers...I used a f23 fuel map and band...revs better...I thought I had bent a valve because my timing belt came lose while drive..but I'm still good..no bent valves
                tsx retrofit
                f22b dohc boosted
                custom gauges pods

Comment

Hey D, let me know how your build goes...because I need to start making decisions quick....I'm not smoking, the plugs are drive with tops of the pistons are wet...Wiseco sent me a new set of rings free of charge and I have another block sitting in the gargage I might take to the machine shop to have it honed
                  tsx retrofit
                  f22b dohc boosted
                  custom gauges pods

Comment

I have everything I need to build the motor but time. My obx lsd took a shit on me and I am trying to get my warranty on it but they are being a pain in the ass. I will build the motor next week but it isn't going to run until i get the transmission put back together.
                    spin city

Comment

Yo D man, we need to hook up again, work on turbos, and do some windy roads fun! That was a killa time with Joser!

so if ya need help sometime, hit me up!
                      I believe it is my turn to make the drive!
                      Lets just make it after I do my 5 lug swap.
                      MadLab Racing
                      Southern Maryland

Comment

lol. yea man. Everytime I think about coming up that way my car breaks down or I am building part of it.
                        spin city

Comment

yah but when complete that thing is going to be a beast!

same reason why I pulled off the boost and said I am not messing with it until I have a fully built engine. tired of blowing shit up.

wonder when your done what mr. focus is going to think then, if you beat him N/A!!!
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

hell be to busy shitting his pants to think! Lol.
                            spin city

Comment

Yo D...I got my compression test 150 on all cylinders with 200miles on the engine so far...could it be that my turbo charger is leaking on the exhaust side and sucking oil into the chambers
                              tsx retrofit
                              f22b dohc boosted
                              custom gauges pods

Comment

Originally posted by Gtseviper View Post
                                Yo D...I got my compression test 150 on all cylinders with 200miles on the engine so far...could it be that my turbo charger is leaking on the exhaust side and sucking oil into the chambers
                                Just to make sure, you are doing the compression test at WOT right with no fuel being sprayed into the cylinders?

150psi is a little low. Errols motor is making about 180psi after 100 miles of break in. He has 8.2:1 compression and a bisi turbo cam.

Your turbo should not be causing the issue unless it is a cold side oil leak.
                                Last edited by dbsharp; 05-24-2010, 08:40 PM.
                                spin city

Comment

Working...
                                X