Mike Burroughs’ Bmw-powered 1928 Ford Model A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched that video last night.

Def a neat truck, and a well executed build.

Looking forward to seeing the return of Rusty Slamington.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
    dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      It cost him $3000 for the shell, and another $2200 to get it home. So he was $5000+ in the hole before he even started.
      you misunderstood, he haggled from $3k down to $2,200, then called a tow truck (undisclosed amount.)

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post

What the heck does he do for a living lol>!?
        hes a professional automotive photographer, and editor in chief at stanceworks.

the guy's only 24 years old, and in the early stanceworks days a'la 2007-2010 (09 was the official start of stancworks), he worked odd jobs and flipped cars/wheels for his money.

rusty was built over a 5 year span.

over the course of that time is when he started stanceworks and got into photography.

stanceworks, as we know, blew up. i imagine most of his income stems from his automotive photography (he photographs formula d and some other events), and marketing his site (advertising/sponsor income and store goods income)

not sure if he does other work or what kind of other work he might do, but i imagine he turns enough on the site for right now to make an extremely comfortable living, not to mention getting college educated in photography will provide longetivity after the site is gone.

i definitely love the guys cars. he just does them right. some may not fit tastes of others but he does incredible jobs and like deev said pays great attention to detail.

from rusty, to his e9, to this car, and his lesser known cars like his other e39 and his bmw 635.

his e9 and his e24 are some of my favorite cars.

Last edited by Hopeless; 05-29-2013, 03:28 PM.

Comment

the hell is a slammington?
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
            the hell is a slammington?

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
            dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Let's not forget his e36 which is amazing build also.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Iam not really getting all the hoopla surrounding this truck. There's not a lot special about it, it's your basic rat rod built. Yeah the motor is cool, and building it your self is kick ass......but it's just another run of the mill rat rod to me

Comment

Yeah, it's nothing truly unique aside from the BMW engine, which you don't often see in rat rods. It's exciting to anyone that follows his builds, or to anyone that has a hardon for BMW. Plus, something like that isn't a common sight among the people that follow him.

Still, it's well executed. He captured the traditional rat rod look very well, with his own personal BMW touches... the engine and the BBS wheels (which I'm fairly certain aren't commonly found on rat rods...)
                  It's not groundbreaking, but I feel it's impressive.

Comment

And if you followed the build he never posted pics of the engine so everybody figured ut was going to be your typical small block.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Ah, I see. That reveal would certainly stir up some interest.

Comment

but he didnt do anything to the bmw v8 4.4?
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

As it sits it more than enough power to move that car and burn off some tires. Honestly more power I dont think that car would be to safe with much more power it would be fun yes but pointless it has no aerodynamics to even think about going fast.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

I love rat rods......

But i like a sleeper aswell, check this one out.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNp6G0kEI2Q

02 Crv
                            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

that video is fake. sped up with other engine sounds dubbed in.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by TracieS View Post
                                As it sits it more than enough power to move that car and burn off some tires. Honestly more power I dont think that car would be to safe with much more power it would be fun yes but pointless it has no aerodynamics to even think about going fast.
                                yea but i mean a proper build would usually include engine work. kinda like how a restoration usually includes an engine refresh.

i didn't have to rebuild the engine in my audi...but i thought it would be proper for the "build" sheet.
                                I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                                X