No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much better! Congrats! Does it have enough flex on it, whenever the motor shifts?

RAF what filter are you running on your turbo and would you recommend it?
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
      Much better! Congrats! Does it have enough flex on it, whenever the motor shifts?

RAF what filter are you running on your turbo and would you recommend it?
      Thanks.

Motor ain't shiftin. Between 3 ESP hard mounts and the front ESP traction bar, the 5mm of wiggle it has should be enough. I don't know why but I never tried this combo before.

K&N of course. Nothing but the best.

Comment

Man that is awesome. It's good to see that the community still exists outside of the confines of the forum. It looks like it came out great and I can only imagine it's a weight off of your mind as well.

Comment

Ahh yes, the man! Folks this wouldn't be possible with out Rilas, this guy went out of his way and let me know about this fitting, got one for me!, and mailed it to me (free of charge I think too). I'll skip pics of hours of trial and error & how hard it was to line everything up,.........
          I’ve met Will in person. He’s a total sweetheart lol.

I freakin love your engine bay. So beautiful.
          5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Oh yes! congrats on getting it done. Definitely many tries!

Comment

Thanks all! On to the next...

Always had IACV issues and had to use S300 to "take over". So I bought this and it's a direct swap. Wondering what the difference will be.

Used glue gun + rubber hose to plug off coolant lines that ran to IACV.

Tough to get the PS cooler back in place.

Comment

Beautiful build, makes me really miss my built motor!

What brand is your catch can and is it one of those made for a civic/integra to replace the factory battery tray? Im looking at getting one similar to yours, just wondering how the fitment is and how you have it mounted?
                1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77 View Post
                  Beautiful build, makes me really miss my built motor!

What brand is your catch can and is it one of those made for a civic/integra to replace the factory battery tray? Im looking at getting one similar to yours, just wondering how the fitment is and how you have it mounted?
                  D00d, I was drooling on your ride when in diapers, long before this point. Your bay inspired me to do mine, so honor to have you stop in !

But can't help ya on the catch can, this one is custom made.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                    D00d, I was drooling on your ride when in diapers, long before this point. Your bay inspired me to do mine, so honor to have you stop in !

But can't help ya on the catch can, this one is custom made.
                    Haha Thanks man! Honestly your ride is sick, very well done!

I actually just picked up an FCS Race Catch can locally for a great price, its a lot bigger than it looked in the photos hopefully Ill be able to squeeze it in by the charge pipe and firewall/shock mount. Its meant to fit where the battery is on civics/tegs.

1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

Ya. prob block off two of those -10AN fittings I don't collect much in the run of a summer.

Comment

Had to move Sally out of the garage, dare say I'm not liking this clutch still
                        Thinking of downgrading it so I can still use the car in traffic, after all, It is a racing clutch.

Last edited by Raf99; 03-21-2020, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Also now that i'm learning more about S300, the tune on there isn't that bad. 10% avg. change required on low fuel tables, and car was cold etc.

Comment

I've also decided I have to move the PS reservoir. Lessons to be learned here, dynamics you just can't think of.

1. The pump does push fluid. The more fluid to push or the longer the hose, the more force required. I feel the system straining. It feels like the system is helping 70% (vs manual) where OEM feels like 100%.

2. Keep the pressure. The fluid is always moving in the system. The pump is always working, always pumping, hence the pulley is always moving. So, I am going to move the reservoir in front of the turbo, but behind the rad support, out of sight. Shorten the hoses.

Power Steering
                            Off the OEM setup (at the end of the maze), there's two output lines which feed the PS reservoir. One of the lines goes to the cooler in the front bumper. The other goes straight to the reservoir.

(long lines)
                            Purple = OEM setup
                            Red = My current setup
                            Yellow = New setup idea (may keep cooler)

Will be interesting to see the difference.

Comment

I am curious to see what the outcome is. I never considered how much fluid would be added when the reservoir changes locations from stock.
                              http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Raf, can't you move the reservoir over by the brake and clutch fluid reservoir's over in the corner. I feel like this would cut feet off of your lines, also swapping to a 5th gen power steering speed pump with doesn't have the power steering fluid running through it. This would cut out another couple of feet. All of this would result in a cleaner engine bay as well. Not nearly as much hose running around.
                                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Working...
                                X