CB7Denmark : 1993 Accord EXi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7Denmark : 1993 Accord EXi

NEW GOAL: Fully built H22A7 (60% complete)

Future:

H22A7 block and head - X
    PDE A7 Intake manifold (Euro-R) - X
    Heatshield I.M Gasket (Hondata) -
    Mahle Gold Series FRM pistons (11.5 C/R) - X
    Manley connecting rods -
    Stage 2 BC or equivalent -
    Ported PDE Head - (Waiting for sanding cartridges).
    Block bored and honed .25 -
    Head refurbished -
    New valveguides (Supertech) -
    Flatfaced valves (Ferrera) -
    Springs and retainers (Supertech or equivalent) -
    OEM LSD Transmission -
    Seals and gaskets replaced -
    OEM bearings -

Pictures:

Bay:

Rear:

Bay:

Front:

Dampers:

Front:

Rear:

Driver:

Comp. Ratio: 9.8:1
    Stock hp: 150hp
    Current: 165hp - Complete and utter failure of the Bisi lvl 2 camshaft. Suspecting Bisi sold me a Stock A6 camshaft, probably by mistake or it could be completely out of spec, it provided 0 gains and 1575USD out of my bank account.

Engine:

EUDM F22A3.

H22A Plenum.
    H22A TB 66mm
    3" Generic Induction kit with a generic filtercone.
    Webcam produced BISI Stage 2 Cam. BUT ITS AN A6 CAM!!!!
    BISI Pro Valvesprings.
    Stock camgear.
    DC Sports Header 4-2-1
    H22A Cat
    SPEC-D Catback 60mm piping and 4" Muffler

Car is currently tuned on NepTune, did not achieve the results i was hoping for. Cam out of spec?
    Transmission:

Before: Stock H2C2

Now: M2C4 H22A

Suspension:

Skunk2 Sport Dampers.
    FK Automotive 55mm - F / 40mm - R

Wheels:

OZ Superturismo 16"
    with
    Michellin 205/50/R16

Interior:

Stock black with red stitching. (Completly as new).

Audio system:

Pioneer HU.
    Front, 6.5" XSound 3 Way speaker. A generic danish brand.
    Rear, 6.5" XSound 3 way speaker. A generic danish brand.
    The quality of them was better than expected, i was very sceptic about them.
    For those who are interested:
    Woofer cone: Injection cone
    Midrange driver: 50 mm Mylar cone
    Tweeter driver: 2x12 mm Piezo tweeter look
    Magnet driver: 80x40x12 Y25
    Voice coil: 25 mm
    Peak output power: 240W
    Continuous output power: 100W
    Normal output power: 120W
    Frequency response bandwidth: 60Hz-20KHz
    Max. sound pressure level (@1m/w: ) 90dB
    Nominal impedance: 4 Ohm
    Magnet weight: 10 Oz

In stock, waiting for installation

Bisi Valvesprings. Installed
    Bisi Cam with level 2 Regrind. Installed

Old Plans (discarded):

Bisi Cam lvl 2 Regrind. JUST ARRIVED 7/1/2014 Installed
    Bisi Valvesprings. JUST ARRIVED 7/1/2014 Installed
    2.5" exhaust system. CHECK 7/8/14 SPEC-D Catback 60mm. Installed
    M2C4 - CHECK
    Competition Clutch.
    Competition flywheel.
    Neptune ECU. CHECK Installed

Arrived/Completed

BISI cam lvl 2, made by www.webcamshafts.com Awaiting installation, head currently undergoing work. Installed & Headwork complete
    Bisi pro springs. Awaiting installation, head currently undergoing work. Installed
    M2C4 Transmission.

HEADWORK COMPLETED. CAR DYNOTUNED.

I hope to reach 200 crank hp, or around 180whp with this setup, sadly we don't measure whp here in Denmark.
    I may have forgotten something.

Recorded this launch 06.23.14:

Recorder: HD LG G2 1080i
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFoWPzSLB6A#t=16
    Sorry about the music, the volume was pretty low actually.

Please feel free to comment. I'm excited to be here
    Last edited by CB7Denmark; 10-31-2016, 11:28 PM. Reason: Changes to engine.
    Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

welcome nice start

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by cb7 dohc View Post
      welcome nice start

Thanks alot! Once the weather gets a little better here, (Typical danish weather) i'm gonna shoot a lot more and much better pictures! I was just eager to make the thread
      Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

Sleeper nation stand up!! I love it cant wait to see what you have in store
        Procrastination is a THIEF of time!!

MY MRT

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203992

My First CB7

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/705233/1990-honda-accord/

Comment

Originally posted by dahubby View Post
          Sleeper nation stand up!! I love it cant wait to see what you have in store
          I love it

New pictures

Comment

That car is so clean, how the hell it doesn't have rust is beyond me. You guys get a good dose of rain and snow every year.
            Last edited by laz93se; 06-30-2014, 10:33 AM.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Originally posted by laz93se View Post
              That car is so clean, how the hell it doesn't have rust is beyond me. You guys get a good dose of rain and snow every year.
              Yes, i got a problem with the rearbumber mount behind rear right wheel, but thats it, no rust at all.

I bought it from a old guy, he had it sitting in his heated garage, always used rust protection ( I lack words for the name) under the car, havent driven much in the winter and it has service records up to 145k miles.

Currently: 153.750 Miles or 246.000 Kilometers.

WOWOWOWOWO BISI PARTS JUST ARRIVED

This 22 year old car truly does makes me smile every single day, i have never been so happy before, i'm serious. I totally understand all the hype about Hondas, also why some people hates them so much
              Last edited by CB7Denmark; 07-01-2014, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Todays dyno results, not sure if im satisfied completely. Im editing with my phone and the picture doesnt show here, not sure if you guys can See it. Will fix it later if not.
                Last edited by CB7Denmark; 07-13-2014, 08:37 AM.

Comment

For those of us who don't understand the metric system:

146.6 hp
                  139 ft-lbs of torque

Is this with the new camshaft installed or a baseline?
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                    For those of us who don't understand the metric system:

146.6 hp
                    139 ft-lbs of torque

Is this with the new camshaft installed or a baseline?
                    Sorry about that

Baseline, without the cam. Header and induction and a bigger plenum but with stock exhaust piping, i think its choking the power. Dyno guys says its measuring a little low today but I dunno. The build will be complete in 3 months time.

Comment

If that's without the camshaft then I would say that's anything but low. You have an F22A3 which makes 150hp at the crankshaft from the factory. Given that you have three bolt-ons, only one of which actually makes decent power improvements, I'd say it may be reading a little high.

The common number used to express the parasitic drivetrain losses in FWD vehicle is 15%. If we multiply 150 hp by .85 we see that you should be making 127.5whp in an ideal situation. For those three modifications to add nearly 20whp would be pretty good. Not impossible, just the high end of what I would expect.

I don't say this to doubt your numbers. I only mean to say that the dyno is certainly not reading low. In fact, I'm convinced that dyno operators just tell their customers that to inflate egos. The same reason that some dyno companies use certain correction factors to show higher-than-usual numbers on their dynos. Either way, I'm sure that's a quick little car now. Starting from the F22A3 base couldn't hurt.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                        If that's without the camshaft then I would say that's anything but low. You have an F22A3 which makes 150hp at the crankshaft from the factory. Given that you have three bolt-ons, only one of which actually makes decent power improvements, I'd say it may be reading a little high.

The common number used to express the parasitic drivetrain losses in FWD vehicle is 15%. If we multiply 150 hp by .85 we see that you should be making 127.5whp in an ideal situation. For those three modifications to add nearly 20whp would be pretty good. Not impossible, just the high end of what I would expect.

I don't say this to doubt your numbers. I only mean to say that the dyno is certainly not reading low. In fact, I'm convinced that dyno operators just tell their customers that to inflate egos. The same reason that some dyno companies use certain correction factors to show higher-than-usual numbers on their dynos. Either way, I'm sure that's a quick little car now. Starting from the F22A3 base couldn't hurt.
                        The car drives very well. You can check out my 0-100 kph videos on my youtube channel dedicated to the car, a got a couple of videos coming up as well, link at the bottom op. I believe the dyno belongs to the Honda Club which i am a member of, (This was a Honda Dyno Day meeting), they are using it to measure their own cars too, but as far as i know, there does not exist a dyno than can measure the power 100% correctly. I do think the numbers are good, it's a healthy baseline, i just expected different i guess.
                        Next month, i will get a different exhaust (2.5"), that will probably help a lot over the stock one.

Now that i had some time to think about it, i'm actually quite satisfied with the output.

However, my goal is 200hp at the crank, i was hoping to hit that with the last bits i got on the shelf, bisi cam and springs + a dynotune to make everything work together, but i think i might need to adjust my expectations to 170 - 80 crank hp.
                        Last edited by CB7Denmark; 07-13-2014, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Nice stuff going on in here!

The difference the F22A3 in my 4ws has in the power delivery over the F20A8 I had in my 2ws before I swapped the H in it, was interesting. The F22A3 had better 5400-6300rpm. But has less bottom end than the F20A8 oddly.

I can see from your graph you have a similar thing going on. Be interesting to see how the cams change this.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                          UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                          NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
                            Nice stuff going on in here!

The difference the F22A3 in my 4ws has in the power delivery over the F20A8 I had in my 2ws before I swapped the H in it, was interesting. The F22A3 had better 5400-6300rpm. But has less bottom end than the F20A8 oddly.

I can see from your graph you have a similar thing going on. Be interesting to see how the cams change this.
                            I have to agree with you. It lacks power in the low rpm, but things will definitively change with the cam. I can hardly wait! Just need to find an exhaust before i cram it all in!

Also looking at MSD Blaster SS instead of the stock distributor cap.

Comment

Update:

Things left to do:

Install Bisi Camshaft **
                              Install Bisi Springs **

These two things will be done as soon as i have the money for the dynotune. Maybe i'm gonna break it in sooner and keep it away from wot and under 50% throttle.

Order generic ebay exhaust. Will do this primarily because of the piping, it is the cheapest option available for me, i will replace resonator and muffler with good quality in time. **

Change timing belt and balance belt + tensioners and water pump. This will happen this Sunday most likely. **

Change the clutch and locating leak from hardline. New clutch will be "Sachs".

Get some headwork done, mild port, remove cast markings, replace sealings. This is planned, i don't know when it will happen.

Big tune, new sparkplugs, new oil + oilfilter, cleaning/maintenance of distributor cap, changing ignition cables, adjust valves **

In the future:

Evolution H2B
                              Evolution Intake package #1 for H22A. (Includes, Skunk2 Pro-Series Intake Manifold, Edelbrock 65mm Throttle Body w TPS, & Thermal Heat Shielding Intake Manifold Gasket.)
                              AEM V2 BB6 Short ram intake or WeaponR intake.
                              2.5" collector mod, if it doesn't have this already, didn't check when i installed it.
                              Bigger injectors.
                              Have it dyno tuned again.

** To be done before dynotune.

Hopefully, a lot of work can be done next month depending on the paycheck, but i worked my ass off, so i hope it pays off.
                              Last edited by CB7Denmark; 07-25-2014, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X