Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

marcusv8thunder : 1991 Accord 2.2i 4WS (3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update, had this car up and run and 2 weeks now, been really busy not had a chance to post up here, but ive been driving it daliy and its great, its the same car as my other one but quite alot different at the same time

Got a slot a work to give it some TLC, yes its dirty need to sort that.

Got it on the skimmed flat floor at work and set the scales out. Check out Hondas corner weighting skills, this is OEM stock B)

Its a fat old beast, 90kg heavier than my other 4th gen, thats the 4ws and auto for you.

And finally a full 4 way alignment, the racecar way! Handles like a beaut now. Not many 20 year old stock family wagons get that treatment lol.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

The new rare 4ws arm installed

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
        how come this one aint bein driven? the 2.0i shouldnt be seein snow mate
        1 year later than i wanted, i can say this winter this is now recified, im currently driving them both equally at the moment, but come winter, ill park the CB3.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

What does that button on the center console do? I have only seen one car with that button

Comment

Do you mean by the handbrake?

If so that is the button for the headlight washers. Hit that and it does a timed squirt out the nozzles.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Looks great! That interior looks really nice, that centre console looks like it's quite a bit taller, that's for sure.

Any updates from this year? More photos are needed!

Comment

Yes it is taller, in fact it feels modern in the front than my other Accord (2ws). Newer cars have beefier centre consoles nowadays, and its similar to a RWD car too.

I had some fun driving this car, Ive been dailying it on a off this year while I was doing my H swap on my CB3. Auto + Traffic = Great!

Ive just retired it from daily duties last week to sort out a seized rear caliper, and it needs Road Tax ("A yearly tax which has to be paid on a motor vehicle before using it on a UK public road.")

But Ill sort that, give it a clean and throw some fresh current pictures of it up.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Man this vehicle is dope. I would love to have 4ws here in the U.S. I've always wondered if a conversion could be done.
                  For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

I saw u have the rare dash mat. And ur dash also look a bit different from us.
                    -My Member Ride thread-
                    -JL store-

Comment

Cheers guys

Yes I have the dash mat in this one. I also have one in my blue cb. I have a spare one also that I dont need that I saw on ebay and bought it as things don't come up on ebay that often.

Think it completes the dash look and functional use. Hard to clean though!

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

I want your car, it's luxury central!
                        For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

A timely bump! Literally just 2 days ago I got this car from storage mode around side of the house and parked it up next to my CB3. Needless to say after sitting for 6 months it fired straight up! Put some fresh fuel in and took it around the block.

Needs some new wipers and I need to address the water in the rear light. I shall do this over Christmas break. It reminds how far my other CB has come from stock. And how amazing 4ws is!

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Well this will be a big bump for this thread. Not been on the road properly since 2014!

I had regularly started it and drove it round the block, but it started to look like a ship wreck, So after some encouragement I trailered it to work to give it a proper sorting out.

Full detail, inside and out. rebuilt the brakes, fixed any issues. Runs like a dream. I have some videos of it doing its 4ws mastery and will get them uploaded. I got it Taxed and MOTed so fully road legal and have been driving about. So different to my CB3!

Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 10-15-2018, 07:00 AM.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

There's a super clean one that just popped up for sale through an importer in Texas. They want at least $10k for it which is pretty fair. Yours is very clean for its age and it's awesome you got yours sorted out.

I'm beginining to wonder if the 3rd gen Prelude 4WS units actually fit on a 4th gen sedan. The parts nearly look indentical between the two chassis.

Do you work for a racing outfit? I see you post up a lot from a paddock.
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

The 4ws has alot of extra differences compare to a regular 2ws cb. Nothings impossible of course, but it would be alot of work. What would be useful is using a 4ws steering rack on a 2ws. And blocking off the prop connection section, as the ratio is quicker. That would improve the handling in any cb.

I got mine for less than £500 5 odd years ago. If it ever gets near 10k in the next few years that would be a good few hundred well spent lol.

Yes work for a race team, we have Porsche and Aston Martin GT4s that we compete in British and European Endurance Championships. Dispite seeing and working on alot of high end cars, i still love working on the cbs.
                                Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 10-15-2018, 07:10 AM.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Working...
                                X