Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Air fuel ratio gauge ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air fuel ratio gauge ?

How do i conect a Air fuel ratio gauge, i know it goes to the o2 senor and ecu but how do i wirer it ? on the gauge i have pos + and neg - wires and then a green wire?

Originally posted by jdmboi type s View Post
    How do i conect a Air fuel ratio gauge, i know it goes to the o2 senor and ecu but how do i wirer it ? on the gauge i have pos + and neg - wires and then a green wire?
    it goes to the o2 sensor doesnt need to be connected to the ecu. your gonna have to drill through your firewall for it to be mounted as a gauge.

Comment

Have you got a wideband fitted?

Green goes to the wideband
      Positive to ignition
      Negative to ground

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

you should be able to find a grommet to run the wires thru the fire wall. if you do end up having to make a hole make sure you put simething around the edges so you dont have bare sharp metal on your wires. i was lucky enough to have a grommet on the pass side that had nothing running through it since i have a dx with no ac...

Ride List
        1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
        2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
        newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

the green wire connects to the whit/red wire on the ecu.its in the d plug

my new turbo build

Comment

Does it matter which wire on the O2 sensor. Or will any work.?

Comment

Hooking a AFR Meter up to the stock oxygen sensor, gives you nothing more then a light show. The only time you would wire directly off the ecu's connectors is if your running a "chipped" ecu, that knows how to understand a wideband o2, and you want a gauge.

Otherwise there are aftermarket oxygen sensors / gauges that can provide a narrowband signal to the ecu, and a wideband signal to the gauge/datalogger, or wideband to both.
              PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

i have a wideband afr guage but i just notice my h23 doesnt have any o2 senors !? ..can anyone help?

Comment

i have a wideband afr guage but i just notice my h23 doesnt have any o2 senors !? ..can anyone help?
                  What do you want help with?

You can't hook the gauge up to nothing, And I find it hard to believe that it doesn't have an O2 sensor.

Also the sensor need top be wideband, not just the gauge.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Yeah no o2 senor, i checked everywhere , and theres no hole for the o2 on my dc sports header ..so can i just wire it to the ecu ?

Comment

Yeah no o2 senor, i checked everywhere , and theres no hole for the o2 on my dc sports header ..so can i just wire it to the ecu ?
                      That wont do anything - If the ECU isn't getting a O2 signal then neither will the gauge.
                      Is the engine check light ON?

Also as we keep telling you - Its a waste of time connecting it without a wideband sensor anyway.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Yeah...im just going to sell it..and no, no check engine light on

Comment

Yeah...im just going to sell it..and no, no check engine light on
                          ????

Comment

are you running a chipped ECU?
                            -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                            -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                            -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                            -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

It's pointless to have unless you have a wideband. So you can adjust accordingly.
                              a narrow band o2 only cycles back and forth in a short range. so your gauge wil constantly go up and down .
                              "Self Renewed"

Comment

Working...
                              X