Macaqueistrong Project Prelude BA8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick update:

Received my Value Sports Type 1 lip kit with rear spoiler and Spoon mirrors!

27 by Elite Foto, on Flickr

Also picked up an M2A4 transmission to help scoot me along.

24 by Elite Foto, on Flickr

I'll update again with some more pictures of a few AEM goodies and hopefully my ESP traction bar and Cusco front strut bar.
    Last edited by Macaqueistrong; 01-13-2015, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Awh herrooo! Nice goodies and great progress man!
      Cant wait to see this in person

8 Accords so far:
      '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
      '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
      (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Awesome progress!

Comment

Originally posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post
          Awh herrooo! Nice goodies and great progress man!
          Cant wait to see this in person
          Thanks Joey! I hope to have it painted and ready for some racing and shows early this summer, but I don't want to rush it and sacrifice the quality of the build. My goal is to at least show it at the NWMotiv inMotion car show this September.

Originally posted by KpoweredCB7 View Post
          Awesome progress!
          Thank you!

Comment

Update:

ASP (Advanced Street Performance) posted a photo of my coolant overflow tank/battery tray/battery tie down. Should be receiving it here within the next week!

With the battery and tie down: (Picture shows an oil catch can, I had ASP use the same concept but had them make it an overflow tank)

Comment

coming alone nicely man. ive always wanted one of these but the ones around me are rotted/riced shitboxes

Originally posted by scudweiser
              i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by 1993 CB7 LX View Post
                coming alone nicely man. ive always wanted one of these but the ones around me are rotted/riced shitboxes
                Thank you sir! Mine wasn't really any better than what you described. I can pretty much break anything on this car just by staring at it long enough...
                Last edited by Macaqueistrong; 08-08-2013, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Finally got around to doing the intake manifold swap.

15 by Elite Foto, on Flickr

Did some test fitting and checked to see what was really noticeable and visible that I need to paint to make it look just a little cleaner.

16 by Elite Foto, on Flickr

I also installed an oil catch can to open up the visibility of the manifold, same reason why I decided to do all the EGR deletion.

Forbidden Motorsports radiator cooling plate was installed along with an AEM fuel rail to kinda add a little bling to the manifold.
                  Last edited by Macaqueistrong; 01-13-2015, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Small update today:

Rerouted some wiring in the bay to clean it up a little and to make room for the cusco strut bar, that still hasn't come in.....:mad2:

Installed an AEM V2 intake, and took the forbidden motorsports cooling plate to the powder coater to get a fresh coat of black and outline the fm logo in white.

ASP is sending out my coolant overflow tank / battery tray / tie down today, so I'll get that installed when it arrives.

Also ordered some fender washers to clean up the bay overall.

Last but not least I received my MFactory Helical LSD yesterday! Now I'll get the tranny opened up and see what needs to be rebuilt. I'm really excited to get the car off those jacks and see what kind of power my F22A1 has.

25 by Elite Foto, on Flickr
                    Last edited by Macaqueistrong; 01-13-2015, 09:48 PM.

Comment

UPDATE:

Manifold installed.
                      Strut bar installed.
                      Intake installed.
                      Fender washers installed.
                      Overflow tank installed.
                      Radiator brackets installed.

23 by Elite Foto, on Flickr
                      Last edited by Macaqueistrong; 01-13-2015, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Update:

Received my MFactory 4.64 Final Drive today, and have a schedule with Kaizenspeed for them to install the lsd and final drive at the end of June!

Last edited by Macaqueistrong; 01-13-2015, 11:33 PM.

Comment

wow thats a sexy looking car my man, love what you've done so far!!!
                          MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
                          1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

Looking super sweet!

VTEC by birth, not be choice.

Andy's Auto Sport: Comptech Battery Tie Down, "It will look so trick that your car will think it has more horsepower!"

DumbleDore!'s CG
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199312

Comment

This is my first time ever coming across your thread. I must say, I like everything that I'm seeing. That battery box is impressive, you oil catch can looks cool too.

Your upcoming transmission looks promising. I've haven't thought about upgrading my Trans yet. I curious of the pro's and cons of a M24A swap. I hear there are many benefits, but I don't know what they are. I would be very interested in learning them.

There is no question in my mind that your build is very eye opening to me at least. I will be following this thread.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                              MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Originally posted by Jking72 View Post
                                wow thats a sexy looking car my man, love what you've done so far!!!
                                Thank you! Still got more to go.

Originally posted by DumbleDore! View Post
                                Looking super sweet!
                                Appreciate it bro!

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
                                This is my first time ever coming across your thread. I must say, I like everything that I'm seeing. That battery box is impressive, you oil catch can looks cool too.

Your upcoming transmission looks promising. I've haven't thought about upgrading my Trans yet. I curious of the pro's and cons of a M24A swap. I hear there are many benefits, but I don't know what they are. I would be very interested in learning them.

There is no question in my mind that your build is very eye opening to me at least. I will be following this thread.
                                Thanks bud!

My car is one of those builds that is Other Automotive but is so similar to the CB chassis that it's very relevant.

Anyway, H series trannys are shorter geared giving you better acceleration making them perfect for naturally aspirated single cam f series. I only added an lsd for better traction, and the 4.64 final drive to further help out in acceleration. Should be a huge difference from the stock f series non lsd long geared 3.8 final drive tranny.

Cons would be that your gas mileage decreases, city driving and daily driving will have a lot more gear changes, and you lose top end speed. It's very essential that you look into getting the proper final drive for your setup so you can minimize or even avoid some of the cons.
                                Last edited by Macaqueistrong; 06-05-2013, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X