Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT : Gummiegorillas Do it Nice or Do it Twice A/C Retrofit !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought this would be a pretty cool addition to the DIY. very inexpensive ( 1-2$ /6ft ), mass zipties at harbor freight or walmart like 5$.

there has been some applications where no noticeable difference is discovered. if that were the case then just remove it and recycle the material for something else. On a side note, I used some of that cheap foam stuff for the soft lines in front of my heat shield on my old DA9 and it did not catch on fire or melt. Im in Louisiana where during the summer it gets to 90-100 degrees daily.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19530
    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Bumping this thread cuz it was hella hot in Cali today. I need to do this this summer!!

Comment

I got this done to one my 93 SEs this past summer, and if IIRC, it cost +/-$300 at the dealership.

Comment

Originally posted by SEgirl View Post
          I got this done to one my 93 SEs this past summer, and if IIRC, it cost +/-$300 at the dealership.
          Did that include the retrofit and flush all the old r-12 and putting in the r-134a? Some people quoted me like around $500

Comment

In searching for info on compressors, I ran across this thread and realized that I never replied to this! AFAIK, the price did include that. I'm not sure if there was any R-12 left in the car, but that did include putting in the r-13.

The compressor in themy other 93 SE is now officially dead, so I"m on the hunt for a replacement. It was retrofitted years ago, so at least I don't have to worry about that on this car.

Originally posted by htownmike View Post
            Did that include the retrofit and flush all the old r-12 and putting in the r-134a? Some people quoted me like around $500

Comment

i have a question about the charging. what is the pressure that you filled it up to?
              Accord SE

93se
              Members Ride
              Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
              Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

i horsetraded and swapped around and should be in possession of about 18 lbs left of R12 in a 30lb tank
                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

So I attempted to do this on my gf's 95 Accord. Vacuumed down fine and didn't lose pressure. Proceeded to start filling and the high side pressure skyrocketed to over 400psi. Low side hit about 50psi before I shut everything down. Thinking there's a blockage somewhere, I didn't do a complete flush of the system.
                  1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

CD5 compressor

ok, so i got curious about what compressors would fit. after messing up the one i got at autozone and it seizing up on me i decided to try one from a 94 generation accord (CD5), I don't know the exact year car it came from, it was the next generation CD5 accord tho. It bolted right up, I switched the hose manifold that is on top of the compressor and put a new seal in it. this way my hoses would fit and not leak. the difference between the CD and the CB were the studs on the manifold. Anyways I also got new rubber hoses and replaced my expansion valve.

let me back track a little

I did take all the lines off and used ac flush the first time to make sure there was not any R12 residue in the system. I did this probably 2 years ago (haha). Then last summer tried to charge the system and was not so successful for a few reason, Used the OG rubber hose which was not made for R134, and I believe I did not add enough PAG oil to the system as I could not find how much the compressor needed. It was an EVERCO compressor from autozone. So I said screw it ill deal with the heat.

back to current time.

This year I said im tired of fogged up windows when it rains and the heat will be to uncomfortable to drive in. So I redid my AC system

To use the CD5 compress the one wire that comes off the compressor does not match the wire harness for the CB7 so you will have to cut the CD5 compressor wire and use a butt connector to connect the CB7 compressor wire you cut so that it will plug into the CB7 wire harness.

I pulled vacuum and use the 12 oz can and I believe its a 16 oz can of AC pro with UV leak detector. However I did not have a leak after pulling vacuum but I thought if there ever is going to be a leak this will make it easier to find. Using just thos 2 cans filled it up exactly to the right pressure and i have amazingly cold air, better than using a new compressor from autozone that was designed for our cars! or maybe I did something wrong the first time I don't know, either way I'm super happy with using a compressor already made for the R134 refrigerant!

just wanted others to know that a CD5 compressor will bolt up to the CB7 and only a few things need to be changed.

also if its not already been said, replace the rubber hoses if your doing the conversion and have not already because the R12's molecules are bigger than the R134 and the R134 will leak/sweat out of the older hoses.

also I got the compressor from the slavage yard!!!!! been a few days and it still works, its also a denso one at that, I do recomend turning the clutch by hand to see how it moves, also I pulled it from a car that had a little bit of pressure in the likes still.

Hope some of this information will help someone out, if not, then whatever haha.
                    Accord SE

93se
                    Members Ride
                    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

It's that time of the year again. Pretty sure this will be a very usefull and informative thread to everybody

Comment

I know it was very helpful to me, I sorted out my gf's 95 Accord AC system before last summer. New receiver/drier, and it charged up nice and has been ice cold since.
                        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                        X