No announcement yet.

EXT: Custom Rear Spoiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either people can't read or don't understand my japanglish in my first post. You guys don't realize how many e-mails and PMs I get on a regular bugging me about the rear roof spoiler I'm making. How many people are on this forum?!? It got to the point where any spoiler related pms I get I just downright start to ignore because most are repeated. When will this be finished? Please make me a mold and I'll give you $$$, how much will this be? The answer to this is I don't know and NO!

Those that are close friends know that I work 2 jobs (don't have to but by choice) in which I devote the 2nd paycheck to strictly CB7 research and jdm parts etc. This is a project I'm working on in my free time for my enjoyment and learning experience. However long it takes me to make the finished product is unknown. Those that are patient to see the outcome of this project thanks for understanding, but I don't appreciate the sarcasm and comments directed towards me from certain members.

If I had no means of sharing this spoiler with the CB7 community, shiet maybe I would've just repaired the spoiler and got it painted along with my flushmount spoiler at the same time, mounted it and called it a day?
    I wouldn't have spent the time and money in the first place to make a copy which still needs lots of fine sanding and bondo work.

I also want to create custom hardware so that it won't be an easy thing to steal for cheapass tuners who like to rip people off. 604_cb7 was the only other member on this forum to have an original but unfortunately it got jacked by some dumbass cheapskate who couldn't afford their own. This is the whole point of this project. Recreating the spoiler and making it better with better oem like security than just 3M tape.

Only when these steps are done, then (if I choose to being that I want to be the only one on the face of this planet to have this spoiler) it will be sent to a trust worthy place for production.

I have lots of plans and ideas guys, but one of my pet peeves is being nagged and rushed when it's not even necessary. I also can't stand shiet talkers whether it be sarcasm or not, if it's said by that person then maybe thats how that person really feels because otherwise the "sarcasm" wouldn't been thrown on the table in the first place.

Anyways, I'm glad a company is taking note that a 90-93 accord has a potential for buyers of these rear visor spoilers and I'm looking forward to seeing what it will look like and I still plan on continuing my project at my own pace.

Little Update:

With all that said, I've been working on plans on creating a coupe version of the spoiler which I've been talking to jdm_inspired and a select few about. I want to use his car as a guinea pig for test fitting and creation when the time comes. The coupe and sedan have different rear back windows and obviously this spoiler won't fit on a coupe.

I want to differ the look between the sedan and coupe spoiler respectively. I want to keep the sedan spoiler as is with it's subtle mild edge while the coupe version will be a hybrid of the sedan spoiler but will have an aggressive flare compared to the rolled over look of the sedan spoiler. Why not make both the same you ask? Well coupes in my opinion always had the more "aggressive" bodylines of the same model or slightly different styling so this is my reason for the separation.

Right now I have in my possession a discontinued version 1 Integra gts window spoiler which I already got the flare cues from ready to be molded to another prototype whenever it is created.

Enjoy

Older Pictures of the Original spoiler and test replica pictures

Last edited by Kurobei; 01-13-2008, 09:06 PM.
    I need a custom turbo manifold built....
    707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
    "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

man i have to just put props out since your trying to make it so noob tuners don't steal it from us.

I want one so I am going to wait until it is done and I don't care how long it takes
      Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
      Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
      JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Good job tommi always look forward to seeing the new projects you have going.
        F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
        My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
        Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

Damn bro, good to hear about the new coupe project. Can't wait to see your progress. Keep up the great work.

Comment

Beautiful work keep up the R&D

Comment

thai cb7s got it down also

Comment

always rockin the sick shit.

you going to paint it a gloss black, or ultimately use it to create a semitransparent plastic one??

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei

but I don't appreciate the sarcasm and comments directed towards me from certain members.
                  if that was towards me what i said was a joke and i was just letting other guys know whats up.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Once I see the project complete ima judo chop that shit. I know EXACTLY what it fits perfectly. Hahahaaaaaa....

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                      if that was towards me what i said was a joke and i was just letting other guys know whats up.
                      Pretty sure he meant me because he stated if he wanted to keep the spoiler to himself he wouldnt be posting about his process.

Sorry kurobei, it was just a big joke.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto
                        thai cb7s got it down also

wow i like the smoked red/clear tail lights

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Once that thing is done for the coupe I am all over that. Keep up the good work man. Time an patience is what some of the tuners on here need. They are doing impulse wants. I see, I want!

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                          PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                            jokes on him renn sport is working on it currently

ikayto: thats who was working on it when i told you i knew of someone that was doing it...who knows when they will be available. they said sometime after the first of the year.
                            where is this window spoiler?!

Comment

nice work !!!! i like this ! if you need advice about mold and trick for do one if this one dont work let me know !

dont give up !
                              My Ride Thread
                              The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
                              Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

i know you have 2 jobs and are really busy but any updates? just wondering where in the progress you stand on it
                                Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                                Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                                JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Working...
                                X